What's the deal with 1966 Penguin?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Gernot

Re: What's the deal with 1966 Penguin?

Post by Gernot »

I always thought Joker and Penguin appeared in the same number of episodes. Was I wrong? Does anyone know the number for each actor?

And am I the only one here who quacked a little bit when first seeing Rocky? (Waugh waugh waugh!) ;)
Edward Nigma

Post by Edward Nigma »

Gernot wrote:I always thought Joker and Penguin appeared in the same number of episodes. Was I wrong? Does anyone know the number for each actor?
Burgess Meredith and Cesar Romero both appeared in 19 episodes -- 6 each in Season 1, 9 each in Season 2 and 4 each in Season 3. (If Meredith had appeared in the second part of the Zodiac episodes in Season Two, then he would have outpaced Romero by 1 episode.)

Both actors appeared in the feature film. Also, the characters of the Penguin and the Joker appeared in Season 3's Dr. Cassandra adventure.

So, Meredith and Romero definitely set the pace for special guest villain appearances. (Julie Newmar finished third with 13 appearances and Frank Gorshin finished fourth with 9 appearances plus the movie.)
Mr.Freeze

Post by Mr.Freeze »

Yeah , "Fine Finny Fiends" was awesome......the s3 with the poisonous money was poor writing imo :roll:
High C

Post by High C »

Edward Nigma wrote: So, Meredith and Romero definitely set the pace for special guest villain appearances. (Julie Newmar finished third with 13 appearances and Frank Gorshin finished fourth with 9 appearances plus the movie.)
Victor Buono as King Tut had eight appearances, the most of any made-for-TV villain. And of course, Newmar set the 'single-season' record with 11 appearances in S2.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
Bob Furmanek

Post by Bob Furmanek »

According to this production document, the Penguin was the third most popular villain in October, 1966.

http://www.batmantelevisionseries.com/# ... /image1zg7