Network promo reel has a line I don't remember in the pilot

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Gleeps, it's Batman

Network promo reel has a line I don't remember in the pilot

Post by Gleeps, it's Batman »

I was just watching the network promo reel (a 9 minute version of the pilot ep prior to adding a lot of the music and some other audio) and Molly says a line in the Batcave that I don't remember. It's after her "I'm too scared." She says, "I, I'm too shaky. I'm ..."

Anybody remember this line airing on TV lately? MeTV cuts less than the cable channels like TV Land did, but they didn't rerun the pilot this time around, so I can't check it against that. Is it on the sets taken from the syndication masters that some people have?

I don't know if it's permissible to link to the network promo reel or not since it's not exactly an episode. Scott? Ben? Lee? If so, I do have a link that starts right at that moment in the video. Otherwise, do a youtube search on Batman Network Promo Reel and it's at 6:16 in the video.

(Actually, if any of the moderators see this and answer my first question, I have another. Is it permissible to upload and link to the 1999 Donny and Marie show with the Batman cast? I found it on youtube before I was a member here, and thankfully saved it because I haven't been able to find it again on youtube. It was the whole show, not the 30 second clip that comes up in searches.)
Progress Pigment

Re: Network promo reel has a line I don't remember in the pi

Post by Progress Pigment »

You're right! I've seen the pilot uncut and "I'm too shaky" isn't in there. Good eye. It actually looks & sounds VERY different than the aired version. The music & effects hadn't been added.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AortaPxra6Y
Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
WayneGrayson

Re: Network promo reel has a line I don't remember in the pi

Post by WayneGrayson »

I'm not surprised - trailers and promos are usually rush released while the main feature is in process of editing, and the "shaky" line was probably taken out at the last minute before the episode aired. Plus, the editing could have taken place after the pilot was shown to which ever audience it was that decided it was a bad show. I remember hearing the ratings were horrible and this almost didn't bode well for the series, but thank God the powers that be decided to go ahead with the series after all - if the ABC version of Batman was never on, I'm not sure I would have heard of the Dynamic Duo, and I wouldn't have cared about the later or earlier incarnations.

HOLY NEW TOPIC - Gonna start it right now.