A possible fourth season of Batman.

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

elmrgraham

Re: A possible fourth season of Batman.

Post by elmrgraham »

P.S.:With Batman and Batgirl being captured and Bat-Trapped by Catwoman and Copperhead.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

That would be an excellent Batman Villain/Villainess team up, in my opinion.How about it fellow Bat-Fans?
Batguy

Post by Batguy »

I think a False Face team up with one of the major foes say the Penguin who has FF disguise himself as some of the other arch foes in an attempt to confound and confuse the Dynamic Duo while the Penguin secretly works on their real goal...
Gernot

Post by Gernot »

I kind'a like the idea of Doll Girl. She could have mannequins as henchmen, like the Joker had robots in that one two-parter. :)
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Excellent ideas.Keep on suggesting fellow Bat-Fans.
bat lugosi

Post by bat lugosi »

I think for a fourth season I would return to making the show two part episodes. To avoid the formulaic problem I would shake things up a bit, sure most episodes would feature the terrific trio but maybe in some cases Batgirl would be away or unavailable, maybe Batman would be away and Robin would team up with Batgirl or any combination once and a while.

As for Villains I would bring in some comic book villains such as poison Ivy, Scarecrow and two Face. Old favorites like The Joker, Catwoman ( played by Julie Newmar ), The Penguin and The Riddler would all show up. King Tut, Siren and Egg Head would all make an appearance. A Return of false face would be great.

The biggest thing though would be a return to the budget and tone of the first season.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Excellent Ideas Bat-Lugosi.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Any more ideas fellow Bat-Fans?
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

I would also still add The Sea Hag,a Scuba Diving Villainess from the 1966 Batman Topps Card Number 14a "Danger In The Depths."Keep the ideas coming,fellow Bat-Fans.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

I would also favor going back to the crooked camera shots during the Batman Villain/Villainesses scenes in their criminal hideouts/lairs.Keep the ideas coming,fellow Bat-Fans.
Quarhog

Post by Quarhog »

The romantic angle between Catwoman & Batman was actually imposed on Julie Newmar by the producers. She'd wanted to play Catwoman as pure evil with no romantic interest in Batman but who enjoyed keeping him off balance by teasing him: what a Catwoman THAT would have made!! And Newmar would certainly have risen to it...!

(Ironically the nearest the sixties live-action version came to depicting her thus was when Lee Meriwether took over the role for the movie. Because her boring masquerade as Miss Kitka covered the romantic side of the story, on those all-too-brief occasions when she actually donned the Catsuit she played the part as an uncompromisingly nasty harpy who simply views Batman as just an obstacle between her and achieving her criminal ends. Just another Bad Guy, in fact, to be defeated along with her fellow-fiends like The Riddler).
Gernot

Post by Gernot »

One thing I'd have liked to see if we got a 4th season would be a Robin villain like Crazy Quilt. Considering the limitations of the TV show and budget, though, I doubt we'd see that. So, I'd suggest using Egghead in his place, thinking Robin and Batgirl were behind his last capture (with the dinosaur egg). Batman wasn't seen, so Egghead may not have known Batman was around.

And you could omit Olga from Egghead, and perhaps make him a LITTLE more dangerous. They could actually have a two-part episode featuring Robin and Batgirl with Batman either on the other side of the city or out of town. Maybe a solo Batman two- or three-parter featuring the Olga and her Cosacks?

Waddayouse guys think? :)
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

elmrgraham wrote:I would also still add The Sea Hag,a Scuba Diving Villainess from the 1966 Batman Topps Card Number 14a "Danger In The Depths."Keep the ideas coming,fellow Bat-Fans.
Sea Hag might possibly become so popular that she's spin-off into her own series, with special guest heroes trying to take her down! Episode six, Troy Donahue as Aquaman.

Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
Bat-Tiger

Post by Bat-Tiger »

Holy boomerang! It would have been great to have Batman return for a fourth season.

Sea Hag and Thorn would give Batgirl something to go up against besides Catwoman.

And I love the idea of seeing False Face again. What about an episode where he masquerades as Batman in an attempt to drive a wedge between the dynamic duo?

I have a couple ideas of my own for guest villains.
*Steve Reeves as Blockbuster. Having a bat baddie that's larger and stronger than Batman would have been a rare sight.

*Christopher Lee as The Count. Just as King Tut believed himself to be a pharaoh, The Count could believe that he is a vampire.
/|\=^..^=/|\
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

I agree Bat-Tiger.