A possible fourth season of Batman.

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

elmrgraham

A possible fourth season of Batman.

Post by elmrgraham »

If ABC added a fourth season for Batman and if I were able to suggest a new Batman Villainess, I would suggest The Thorn.To me she would be a worthy adversary for Batman,Robin,and Batgirl.The goal of The Thorn would be Queen Of The Criminal Underworld In Gotham City.The Terrific Trio would stand in her way.The Thorn would plunder priceless Gems,Furs,and Money.Her hair would be red,and her costume would be a green Bikini made of Thorns.Her mask would be made of Green Thorns,and her boots/shoes would be Green with sharp points.The Thorn would be Wily,Cunning,Beautiful,Sexy,and EVIL.By the way,she would also have Green Gloves with sharp points to be used as knockout gas on The Terrific Trio.Her criminal hideout would be an abandoned Green House in Gotham City.Also,the Thorns on her Bikini could also be used as weapons.Sound good Bat Fans?Which actress would you suggest to play The Thorn?P.S:the sharp points on her Green Gloves could also be used as Thorn Darts.My suggestion would be for Barbara Rhoades to play The Thorn.Sound good or not Bat-Fans?
WayneGrayson

Re: A possible fourth season of Batman.

Post by WayneGrayson »

I love idea of the gloves concealing darts - it was the first thought I had as soon as I read the villainess's name. When confronted, she could point her finger at them and say something like "now, listen here...." and then zap them before they knew what hit them. I'm not sure how many appearances she could make inasmuch as she'd have to change her style of weaponry to keep our heroes at bay. The villains with limited appearances, such as Egghead usually stick with their signature artillery. This would also call for a 2-parter - with as lethal an outfit as you described, it could take quite some time to bring her to justice.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Excellent Points.Do you or the other Bat-Fans have any other actresses to play the part of The Thorn?Any other comments or suggestions?
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

I know that I have spoken about her before,but I would have also suggested The Sea Hag,the Scuba-Diving Villainess from the 1966 Batman Topps Cards Series as another new Batman Villainess.What do you think about that WayneGrayson?
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Also,the sharp points on the boots/shoes of The Thorn would have also been used as weapons.The Thorns on her costume would have been too.
Gernot

Post by Gernot »

I'm sorry, Elmrgraham, but everytime I hear that name I keep thinking of Popeye the Sailor Man! LOL :D Can you PLEASE come up with a different name for your villianess?

Maybe The Bathing Beauty! Then Batman could keep warning Robin how beauty only runs skin deep! ;)
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

I respect your opinion Gernot,but that was her name on the 1966 Batman Topps Cards.Any ideas on who would play the part of The Thorn?
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

I would have another weapon that The Thorn could use.Her Green Gloves would also contain invisible knockout or paralyzing gas to blow at The Terrific Trio.Her lipstick could also be used to "Thorn Kiss",that is knockout or hypnotize Batman and Robin.Sound good or not Bat-Fans?
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Also Bat-Fans,I would like you to suggest any new Batman Villain/Villainesses if ABC added a fourth season for Batman.Thank You.
Grayvette03

Post by Grayvette03 »

Maybe season 4 could be her origin story with Batman moving her away from a life of crime.
Rose & Thorn was created in 1970 by writer Robert Kanigher and artist Ross Andru and made her debut in Superman's Girlfriend, Lois Lane #105. In 2004, writer Gail Simone completely rebooted the character by giving her a modern and even darker origin story.
Rose Forrest was romantically involved with her father's former partner, Danny Stone. As Thorn, she clashed regularly with The 100 and took them out one or two at a time, continually chipping away at the organization until it was all but extinct. Thorn's accomplishments as a crime-fighter brought her to the attention of other heroes, and she even gained the respect of renowned heroes like Batman and Superman. Batman befriended her both as Rose Forrest and as the costumed Thorn, but even the world's greatest detective was unable to determine that the two women were one and the same, despite having Thorn undergo hypnosis.

Jim
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Her alter ego could be named Rose Forrest.I am aware and have read the comics on The Thorn from the Seventies.But this Rose Forrest would be cunning and diabolical period.Through The Thorn,she would be a wily foe for The Terrific Trio.Excellent points though.Who would you or the other Bat-Fans get to play her?Thank You.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Also,in a possible season 4 Batman TV Story,while The Terrfic Trio is trapped by The Thorn in her "inescapeable" "Thorn Trap",Batman could offer to have her rehabilitated.The Thorn could reply"Sorry Batman.I love the thrill and adventure of crime. Farewell Terrific Trio.HA,HA!!"
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

I'd like to have seen Dr. Cassandra make a return as a more serious threat in a fourth season, and possible Zelda the Great. THE THORN is a nice idea. More edgy than most of the 3rd season threats. Maybe Tisha Sterling from the the "Ma Parker" episode who was an up & coming starlet at the time could play her. If there's a '66 fan-fiction site (is there?) you should write it up.

(Sterling & Michael Douglas(!) in The Experiment (1969)
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00 ... 2e6970b-pi
Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Excellent choice to play The Thorn.Any more choices Bat-Fans?
Mr. Comic Book

Post by Mr. Comic Book »

I think for a fourth season of the show, priority one would have to be undoing the derailment the show suffered in Season Three. It went so far into the trash bin that before I could even think of adding new villains and gadgets, I'd want to get the show back up on its feet proper:

- go back to two or three-part episodes, cliffhangers included

- make Batman the star again. He and Robin both got backseated to make way for Batgirl, and it just didn't work. The star of your series should be the guy whose name is in the title.

- lose the lame, no-thought-went-into-this bad guys that typified Season Three. Go back to the comics and grab anything and everything you can, and beef up the core villains you already have.

- restore the Batman/Catwoman romance. I know Julie Newmar had other things going during Season Three, but come on. Batman and Catwoman's awkward love story is one of the biggest components of the mythos, it was a highlight of the previous seasons,and it was sorely missed in the third season. Even if Newmar couldn't be brought back, that's no reason to cast Bruce and Selina's romance aside. Another actress could have carried on in her stead.

- make Batgirl a recurring guest star if she's to stick around. If you want her to stay, fine. She can show up every once in a while during a big event arc. Sticking her in every episode regardless of context or purpose didn't work in Season Three, and I wouldn't want to repeat past mistakes.

- raise the stakes vis-a-vis the bad guys. Make their goals much more destructive and all-encompassing. Think James Bond-style, where every scheme the villains have is going to have catastrophic consequences. Make it clear this is a world that needs Batman, because Season Three didn't do that by any stretch.

- let all the characters, good and bad, show dimension and humanity. The Batman/Catwoman romance is a good example of how this works; we see there actually is a loving heart to Catwoman, and we see that Batman, like any man, can be conflicted by his emotions and responsibilities. There ought to have been more of this across the board. Does it reflect well on Gordon and company to keep turning all their cases over to an outside party? Do Gotham's police feel useless in Batman's wake? Does Bruce, seeing the same villains coming back over and over again, ever wonder if what he does isn't helping any? Is Dick concerned about being able to stand on his own once he's an adult, or if he'll ever be as good a superhero as Bruce is? Are there friendships and romances among the various villains, or even personal rivalries? Could some of the villains actually like and respect Batman deep down and view these encounters as a friendly chess game? (Mike Allred broached this in Batman A-Go-Go.) You wouldn't be sacrificing any of the comedy by exploring the ideas. If anything you could mine a great deal of comedy from them and still give the characters more dimension.

- give the show a decent budget again. Season Three looked CHEAP. Even Star Trek, after budget cuts, had better third-season production values. No more summer stock sets, please. Let's get back to being in real environments.

Once all of the above were accomplished, then and only then could I get into fourth-season specifics. But the wreckage of Season Three would have to be cleared away first.