MeTV Madness

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Gleeps, it's Batman

MeTV Madness

Post by Gleeps, it's Batman »

For anyone who wants to participate and vote for Batman:
Get ready for Me Madness, where you, our faithful fans, vote for The Most Memorable Program on Me-TV. We’ve paired up the classic programs of Me-TV, where they’ll compete against each other through a series of rounds until one of them is awarded the title of The Most Memorable. To celebrate the victory, we’ll air a marathon of specially selected episodes from that program.
http://wciu.upickem.net/upickem/registr ... tid=122849
AndyFish

Re: MeTV Madness

Post by AndyFish »

I registered, if I have my way it'll be Batman Vs Svengoolie in the final, I'll be happy either way.
gothosmansion

Post by gothosmansion »

Batman has made it to the final 8. Be sure to go by and vote.

Batman is up against Columbo, which I also like, but for me, nothing tops our Caped Crusader. Also, Star Trek is up against MASH in one of the other quadrants. I'm sure that there are some other Star Trek fans on the board since they both aired at the same time. Actually, they both aired before I was born, but I became a big fan of both in reruns.
The Booking Worm

Post by The Booking Worm »

Batman is now up against Star Trek. They are really testing my allegiance with this one.
Gleeps, it's Batman

Post by Gleeps, it's Batman »

Oh, thanks for posting! I would have totally forgotten to go vote otherwise. Just went and did it now.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Batman's out in the finals, having lost to Star Trek.
So for the end result we'll get a marathon of Star Trek or Twilight Zone-- either way is a welcome event, although I would have obviously preferred a Bat marathon.
Batfan Mike 4260

Post by Batfan Mike 4260 »

Voted!! Sorry Trekkies, but I have to go with Twilight Zone
Mauled Vader

Post by Mauled Vader »

Actually, "Batman" coming-in in the Top 4 of all of the series shown on MeTV...with "Star Trek," "The Twilight Zone," and "I Love Lucy" is VERY IMPRESSIVE!!!

I hope the love for the show on this one network is reflective of the country...nay...WORLD-wide love of this series!...which will result in a STAGGERING amount of sales of the DVD/Blu-Ray releases soon to come!!! :D
gothosmansion

Post by gothosmansion »

While obviously I would have preferred that Batman won, I like Star Trek and Twilight Zone as well. All three are better than anything currently airing in prime time. I placed my vote for Star Trek, but I'll be right there watching the Twilight Zone marathon if it wins.

Although I can understand that MeTV was copying the brackets for the NCAA basketball tournament, does anyone else wish that we could have just voted for a certain number of shows every round instead of having a "Show A vs Show B" format? There were several times I had to pick between two shows I did like while in the same round I had to choose between two shows I didn't like.