Billy Loyd JR sad news

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Jason Broadway

Re: Billy Loyd JR sad news

Post by Jason Broadway »

I'm going to miss you a lot Billy. You were a great friend, and I'm glad I got to spend time with you and Andrew a few years ago when we had breakfast along with Space Ghost, and I'm really glad I got to know you. I hope that Andrew will be okay. I'll miss you a lot buddy. :(
batbelfry

Post by batbelfry »

How truly horrible.

Here's an early report...no new information, but a heart breaking photo for everyone on the board:

http://wreg.com/2012/10/10/possible-sui ... h-dad-son/
QuickBat Allan

Post by QuickBat Allan »

Very sad. May Billy RIP. Prayers for Andrew. I have chatted with Billy on Bat Chat, Video from Bat Board. Billy was one of first to welcome me to Bat boards and was very encouraging with costuming and always posted likes and some comments on my FB. I will miss him and his FB posts and Batboard posts. Will miss him and sorry to hear his mental state pushed him to such a tragic exit. :(
my wife is my Batgirl
Martin Zamorano

Post by Martin Zamorano »

I can not believe yet, last night when I went up a few pictures of my kids at Facebook, Billy clicked on the Like button, as he always did when I put something on Facebook. This morning I read from this tragedy. Billy really was very generous with me, he sent me a few years ago for the Bat belt one buckle and a hot well of batimobil, with out any charge: "Martin I sent them because it's hard to get in Argentina"
My condolences to his family. I miss you my friend.
Adam West Squadron BATMANIA - www.batmania.com.ar
Dark_Detective

Post by Dark_Detective »

Very sad, I had been talking to him a lot on FB , I haven't really come here much lately, even had to just start a new name and password.

Greg Savage
mysavageworld.blogspot.com
PA BATGIRL

Post by PA BATGIRL »

BILLY:
Such a very sad piece of news to hear on a beautiful FALL day of your making a decision to horrify your friends & loved ones who held you near & dear to their hearts....including mine.
I never met you in person, but grew to know & luv ya over the years...YOU were a kind gentle soul/man, and you will NEVER be forgotten!!
May your soul soar like an Eagle!! We luv ya & will miss YOU!! ♥

**Note**
**I realized that I DID meet Billy, and I totally forgotten about it till I was reminded of the Niles, Ohio
Screaming Tiki Convention!! There was an exchange of Hello and the shake of the hand!! Billy was such a wonderful person in meeting that one time!!!**

~PA Batgirl/Lisa
Chief OHara

Post by Chief OHara »

Im stunned. Not sure what to say.
Mauled Vader

Post by Mauled Vader »

batbelfry wrote:How truly horrible.

Here's an early report...no new information, but a heart breaking photo for everyone on the board:

http://wreg.com/2012/10/10/possible-sui ... h-dad-son/
The early report has been updated with a video showing and telling more.

We will miss you, Billy...Thank you for all that you did for me and for many of the other board members here!

We are all better-off for having known you!...We will not forget you!

I hope your soul has found the peace that it couldn't seem to find in our world... :cry:
Mike Mulitsch

Post by Mike Mulitsch »

RIP Billy , I cant believe this
Batfink

Post by Batfink »

Billy Bat Belt
Billy Bat Belt
I am very shocked to read his post on Facebook this morning before I went to work. Still can not believe it. I first got to know Billy through this board and learn of his great work making Bat Belts. I am lucky enough to get one. His detail was meticulous. Didn't know him but did chat occasionally on FB and I was lucky enough to meet him at a Detroit area convention years ago. Wishing that he finds his light and that his son makes a speedy recovery.
Take strength in the company of loved ones tonight all.

Tb
Sweet Little Buttercup!
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Folks,
I know this is a very stressful time and a tragic incident for all concerned. Some of us are angry, some are sorrowed and some are numbed with shock with many of us in between those three at any given moment. What I would like to ask all of you is what was asked of me by his oldest son who is dealing with this all first hand. Let's keep our posts on this thread/subject focused on our condolences to the friends and family, updates on Andrew's condition and any well wishes, prayers and good vibes we can send their way. Let's stay away from anything judgmental or speculative to Billy's actions or state of mind during his darkest moment. I know that many are trying to comprehend it or sort it out but I need to ask you please keep much of that away from here.

It's okay to miss him and remember him for what he was to many of us and hope the best for Andrew, Billy Wayne and the rest of Billy's family which included so many of you in his heart.
chetchumley

Post by chetchumley »

how sad..although i did not know or ever meet BILLY or his son..i always enjoyed his posts..and fotos he posted.,,its so sad...god willing ANDREW will recover fully...and be able to come to terms with the tragedy .
and forgive his father !!!
Johnny Techman

Post by Johnny Techman »

I'm heartbroken about this tragedy. So senseless. I'll miss you, Billy.
Explorer of the Multiverse and other Infinite Impossibilities
Darren Nemeth

Post by Darren Nemeth »

Very sad. My condolences. :cry:
Darren Nemeth
1966 Batboat Blog!
http://batboat.blogspot.com/
Heath (The BMG)

Post by Heath (The BMG) »

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family... I will take with me forever the time Billy found and sent me the first Batman Comic I ever owned (or at least the one that left the most mark on me at my young age). He did it without me knowing about it after a post on the old board.

I lost my own father to suicide a year ago this past July. Thoughts and prayers and all the good vibes I can send....