Billy Loyd JR sad news

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Space Ghost

Re: Billy Loyd JR sad news

Post by Space Ghost »

Thinking & Praying for you Andrew. Pull threw kid, you're a fighter!!!

You're Never Too Old to have a Happy Childhood
juliejr

Post by juliejr »

Hi Everyone,
For several years Billy would always put the post on here wishing a happy birthday for me and him. He and I corresponded a bit and walked the convention together in Austin 1/04 and Novi 05/06. My prayers go out to Andrew for a recovery and Billy Wayne.
Billy Loyd you are missed.
Jolene
(juliejr)
TheGirlWonder

Post by TheGirlWonder »

Just nine hours before he made his post, he replied to my status about a college midterm with an encouraging "You can do it!" just like he always did.

I just wish he'd held out so everyone else could have had the chance to tell HIM "You can do it". It's so odd to be talking about him in the past tense.

This song goes out to all the Billys of the world:

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OjiOn5s8s8[/BBvideo]
Johnny Hamm

Post by Johnny Hamm »

I went digging through some old photos tonight to find this...I could of cried as my son watched me pull out this picture. He said, there's Billy, Daddy, Batman and Robin. My son has never met Billy but he hears me talk about him all the time. I truly wonder if Billy knew how much of a void he'd be leaving? RIP my good friend and may God bless. Billy Wayne you are in our thoughts...and Andrew we are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. JL :cry:
Attachments
billy.jpg
Mrbarlow

Post by Mrbarlow »

Horribly sad, sad news. My thoughts are with Andrew and the family.
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

Unfortunately, I never met or spoke with Billy Loyd Sr. on the board here. He appears to have been quite the Bat-fan and an incredible King Tut from what I've seen in various photos. I'm so sorry to hear of his passing and hope the very best for his son, Andrew, in recovering. My condolences to the remaining family members in their time of need and my thoughts go out to all of you here on the board who knew him or chatted with him. He left an incredible impression judging by all the kind and positive remarks I've read. May his memory endure.
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
60s TV Fan

Post by 60s TV Fan »

My prayers and sincerest hopes for a recovery by Andrew. What a horrible tragedy.
VISION PICTURES

Post by VISION PICTURES »

RIP BILLY... For all the joy and posts you brought to this board... and our communications over the internet... Though our political views were not the same... I will remember all our messages...
UltraBat

Post by UltraBat »

My prayers go out to all.
Troy

Post by Troy »

I don't know what else I can say that I haven't said to friends today. I will miss Billy a great deal as I know many here will.
dell

Post by dell »

This is so sad. My condolences to all the family and friends.
dell
TheGirlWonder

Post by TheGirlWonder »

Aussie Batfan

Post by Aussie Batfan »

Just got home from work this evening here in Sydney Australia to read this truly awful news.
I had the great privilege to meet Billy at the Austin Texas convention in 2004. He befriended this crazy Aussie who had travelled half way around the world to meet Adam, Burt & Frank. When he found out how long it had taken me to get to Texas, he promptly handed me the utility belt he brought along to the convention and insisted I have it and take it back with me to Australia.
That's the kind of guy Billy was - generous to the hilt, warm and giving. His kindness will stay with me forever and he will remain a shining ambassador for the comradarie and spirit that embodies the 66 Batfans around the world.

Rest in Peace my good friend. My prayers and thoughts go out to his beloved Andrew.

Terry in Australia
downunderbatfan

Post by downunderbatfan »

I am shocked as much as everyone else. Billy always had a kind word, a generous give-away and a friendly welcome to new members.RIP Billy
P.N.Gwynne

Post by P.N.Gwynne »

Here's three Australians, far on the other side of the world, who have respect for Billy and care about him and his family. Rest in Peace Ghostdog.
Condolences to the family of Billy & Andrew.
Everyone has an opinion. Mine might have no more value than yours but it may be different.