Billy Loyd JR sad news

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

v194

Re: Billy Loyd JR sad news

Post by v194 »

Unbelievable to hear. While being a batfan but not being too knowledgeable on the bat world I found Billy sensible and inviting and always willing to help. We corresponded many times over Hornet issues.

Billy was fighting these demons for some time I understand. Let his example clearly show the seriousness of the condition known as depression. May any and all forum members seek help if they are in need. Let Billy's life and example bring the community together, its the way Billy would have wanted it.

Perhaps in some way Billy will find peace and meet up with Caesar, Burgess, Frank and the others.
Owner of an Original TV used Black Beauty
Learn the history of the 2 cars at:
http://www.theblackbeauty.com
Jim K, Bat fan

Post by Jim K, Bat fan »

My thoughts and prayers also go out to Billy's family. RIP.
I found another story about a vigil held last night:

http://wreg.com/2012/10/10/community-ho ... r-suicide/

Jim K
Silverknight58

Post by Silverknight58 »

Billy was a great guy with such a kind heart, had a chance to hang with him and and his son at Tiki a few years back... RIP my friend,,, prayers for Andrew and his family...
Lee Kirkham

Post by Lee Kirkham »

PLEASE keep this earlier request in mind when posting.

What I would like to ask all of you is what was asked of me by his oldest son who is dealing with this all first hand. Let's keep our posts on this thread/subject focused on our condolences to the friends and family, updates on Andrew's condition and any well wishes, prayers and good vibes we can send their way. Let's stay away from anything judgmental or speculative to Billy's actions or state of mind during his darkest moment. I know that many are trying to comprehend it or sort it out but I need to ask you please keep much of that away from here.

I understand some of us need to vent about this, BUT this is not where to do it. I am online most of the work week through various chat software as well as the bat-chat text chat we have here. Seek me out and we can chat.
I find you to be odious, abhorrent and insegrevious.
ghostdog_jr.

Post by ghostdog_jr. »

I am with Andrew now in the hospital. He suffered from a hernia last night that has left him, for lack of better words, brain dead. We are currently discussing arrangements for Andrew to be an organ donor so he may not have much time left in this world. I can not begin to express my gratitude for the sentiment of everyone here. It has been very difficult to deal with this situation and it has been a heavy burden that is very hard to shake. I think one of our good friends said it best though, "some days you just can't get rid of a bomb."
Much love.
-Billy
Lee Kirkham

Post by Lee Kirkham »

Thank you for the update, Billy Wayne.
I find you to be odious, abhorrent and insegrevious.
Waterratt

Post by Waterratt »

Thanks for the update Billy Wayne. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Terrible news on top of this tragedy, Billy.
Our thoughts are with you and your family.
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

Billy, I am so very, very sorry to hear about Andrew. God bless you for the courage and strength it must be taking to hold yourself and your family together through this whole horrible ordeal. If it helps at all please know you have friends around the country and the world pulling for you and praying for you every step of the way.
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
manofsteel25

Post by manofsteel25 »

I'm terribly shocked to hear this. I recently lost an Uncle a few days ago so this has been a bad week in general. I never met Billy although I heard nothing but good things about him and long admired his craft skills on his Bat belts. Such a tragedy. I'm at a loss.

My deepest thoughts and condolences go out to his family.
Space Ghost

Post by Space Ghost »

Billy & Andrew on their trip to Florida in 2010. What good times we had that week.
I'm really going to miss my two friends.

You're Never Too Old to have a Happy Childhood
hobbybuilder01

Post by hobbybuilder01 »

Awww just breaks my heart....Damn so so sorry to hear,,, Thank you so much for the update..My heart goes out to your entire family.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Thanks for the update Billy Wayne, all be it another heartbreaking one. I'm glad you can be with him at this crucial time. Stay strong my friend.
wally wingert

Post by wally wingert »

May God have mercy on their souls. And may God bless you too Billy Wayne. You're in my thoughts and prayers.
Batwrangler

Post by Batwrangler »

i just found out ....real sad...real sad...its going to be a while before i get over this
The Windsheld Cowboy when im Trucking