General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Batmmannn

Re: Billy Loyd JR sad news

Post by Batmmannn »

westbatman

Post by westbatman »

I haven't been coming to the board and joined basically to post on this thread. I have known Billy for many years, spent a lot of time with him way back in Novi and he made my son's utility belt. Billy and I had long telephone conversations about everything and he was always a caring man.

I am so shocked by what has happened and all I can do at this point is offer my prayers up for he and Andrew.

I hope he has finally found the peace he so longed for. Hugs Billy and Andrew.

Andy
greenhornet66

Post by greenhornet66 »

I just want to say that i don't normally visit the Batman board, but when i read this story, i just want to say how tragic this is. Many knew Mr. Loyd, met him at conventions, and corresponded with him as Bat fans. It's just a real shame he took his young son with him. So sad.....
The Major

Post by The Major »

I walked the razor line myself 9 years ago.

My condolences to you Billy and everyone who was touched by these 2 wonderful, gentle spirits. They will be missed and never forgotten.

In their memory I'd like to say this: If anyone out there is suffering from depression and contemplating anything, open up and start talking. Now.

Becky
Formerly known as BeckyVader
Mistahand

Post by Mistahand »

Oh my god..... The first news I read when returning to this board s this....
My heart just sank.

I am at a loss
Bat Tom

Post by Bat Tom »

This is very sad news, I met Billy in Novi a few years ago. My thoughts and prayers go to his family.
batdom28

Post by batdom28 »

Holy tragic news!!! He was young too.. Thoughts and prayers are with him Andrew and his family..
Space Ghost

Post by Space Ghost »

I was thinking about you & Andrew today on Christmas. Just wish things could of worked out different. I miss your thoughts & input here on the board. We had so many good days here. Miss you buddy. Peace, Space Ghost
You're Never Too Old to have a Happy Childhood
brucemcwaynejr

Post by brucemcwaynejr »

Terrible.
I haven't been on here in a long time and just found out about Billy. I am stunned. He made me a beautiful bat-belt many years ago (along with a gorgeous all-metal GH gasgun) and I just found a display case for it the day after this past Christmas. I have been thinking about him on-and-off for a couple of weeks. I cannot believe what I now have stumbled upon here.
doubleknotspy

Post by doubleknotspy »

wow.... your post brought Billy to the top of the Message Board. This brought very fond memories of a wonderful guy. I had many great conversations with Billy. I miss him dearly.
Gernot

Post by Gernot »

I'm one of those who had missed this thread due to not being on the board over the last year that much (I'd spent much of the last year in and out of the hospital myself). I never really knew Ghostdog nor conversed with him much at all, but I did enjoy reading his informative and entertaining posts here.

May God Bless his family and watch over them all.