BATMAN MOVIE CAMEO,S ????A

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

chetchumley

BATMAN MOVIE CAMEO,S ????A

Post by chetchumley »

While watching the 66 movie a thought occured to me,,,,we all know how popular the show was at the time they filmed movie !!! why then did they not have famous cameo,s ??? espescially the BAT-CLIMB at the wharf??? you would think they would have gotten a few ?? big names??? maybe because movie was rushed into production??? who knows...it still would have added to the movie..just as the window cameo,s did during the show> :?:
Sol

Re: BATMAN MOVIE CAMEO,S ????A

Post by Sol »

Perhaps it was because the movie was quickly put into production and quickly made.
High C

Re: BATMAN MOVIE CAMEOS ????

Post by High C »

Big-name cameos would have cost money. Other than Adam's salary, they were making the movie on the cheap.

According to Dozier's files, Lee Meriwether was paid $5,500 to play Catwoman. That's only the equivalent of about $40,000 today, a very low sum considering she had to be on set for over 4 1/2 weeks.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Fitness guru Jack Lalane was the guy waving on the roof, I guess that counts as a cameo.
JWLJN

Post by JWLJN »

Yeah, George Cisar in the window at the wharf always felt like a placeholder...

-J\/\/
Bat Tom

Post by Bat Tom »

How much did Burt get paid for the movie?
High C

Re: BATMAN MOVIE CAMEOS????

Post by High C »

Bat Tom wrote:How much did Burt get paid for the movie?
Only $35,000, as opposed to the $100,000 Adam got. He signed a bad contract when he started, unfortunately.
Those are 1966 dollars. Adam's salary would be about $730,000 today.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17