Favorites

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Gleeps, it's Batman

Favorites

Post by Gleeps, it's Batman »

A scene from the show came to mind the other night, which made me think of starting a thread for people to name either favorite scenes, scenes that make you chuckle, or a scene that you think is really cool because it adds atmosphere, like the two times in the first season where we see Batman's shadow on the wall.

I liked the shadow thing, and another scene I would name as a favorite is the seduction scene in Batman Displays His Knowledge, not only because I just liked the scene in general, but I'm also impressed that they did at least 3 minutes with no cutaways, no POV camera changes, just a continuous, uncut scene. (Is that the only time in the series that that happened? Can anyone name another uninterrupted shoot like that?) To go along with that scene, I also liked the scene in the car after the batfight.

For something that made me laugh out loud, I have to say it was the "barbecue" song. LOL. I don't know why. I just laughed out loud at that.

Batman and Robin rotate and revolve
As the heat grows, your bodies dissolve.
When it's still hotter, then you will melt
Nothing left but your utility belt.

Actually it was the utility belt line where I lost it. LOL. (And as a kid I remember cracking up at Phyllis Diller's scene.)

Anyway, you get the idea. Name some favorite scenes, lines, something that always makes you chuckle, whatever you find really memorable.
philigan

Re: Favorites

Post by philigan »

2 lines come to mind, "Money goes to money", and "is there somesort of delayed echo in here?"Both spoken by King Tut during the Batgirl era. I also love the first time The Joker says "delicious" with that sinister laugh.

philigan
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

philigan wrote:I also love the first time The Joker says "delicious" with that sinister laugh.

philigan
As the Joker and his gang are escaping from their hideout after the attempt to gas the Duo fails, one of his henchmen makes a suggestion on what to do next. The Joker's response was amusing: "No, I have a much more succulent idea."
Mr. Deathtrap

Post by Mr. Deathtrap »

Citizens,

I enjoyed King Tut's speech as he lowers Batman into a watery grave, after encasing him in a mummy case. "Friends, Romans, Henchmen, I have come to bury Batman, not to praise him." etc. It's right out of Shakespeare--almost. (From Julius Ceasar).

Mr. Deathtrap
Tune in for their exciting conclusion. Same Bat-Time! Same Bat - Channel!
clavierankh

Post by clavierankh »

Then Tut throws in "It isn't that I love you any less Batman, simply that I love me more!"
Mr. Deathtrap

Post by Mr. Deathtrap »

Citizens,

They were Egyptians as opposed to Romans.

Mr. Deathtrap
Tune in for their exciting conclusion. Same Bat-Time! Same Bat - Channel!
Lord Death Man

Post by Lord Death Man »

Mr. Deathtrap wrote:Citizens,

Mr. Deathtrap
Well, Egypt was a province of the Roman Empire for about 400 years...(but certainly not during King Tut's reign :D )
He flies and fights-BATMAN!
Purity and virtue-BATMAN!
Cowards run away!
Batman saves the day!
Also, Boy Wonder Robin.
Batman and Robin-caped crusaders at night!
BIFF! POW! BAM! BATMAN!
gbanneriii

Post by gbanneriii »

Mr. Deathtrap wrote:Citizens,

Mr. Deathtrap
Right Again Mr. Deathtrap!

Most Impressive! Are you the SAME Mr. Deathtrap that wrote all those stories on the Batgirl Bat-Trap Site? If so.....GENIUS!
Gorshin Romero

Post by Gorshin Romero »

Laugh out loud moments:

The Joker laugh keeps echoing over and over in Commissioner Gordon's office. When Batman arrives, he finds that the bug was planted on Commissioner Gordon and stuffed down his pants the entire time. Once Batman explains how "The Joker is a Master Conjurer" then Commissioner Gordon pauses and says "Yes of course! I remember now! An oddly dressed costumed fellow DID bump into me on the subway this morning."

The Riddler keeps showing his silent movie scene over and over of the book hitting Batman and Robin.

Batman & Robin suspended over a vat of acid while the melting ice slowly lowers them in. Citizen Penguin to the rescue by calling the police! "You wouldn't happen to have a dime, would you, Batman?"
"You know I don't have a dime, you foul bird!"
"Citizen Penguin to the rescue! I'll WALK to the police station! I'll see you in about...an hour; quack quack quack quack quack..."

The flooded bank vault fight scene when John Astin played the Riddler.

And of course...the faux Caped Crusaders throwing the fight against Mr. Freeze at Stately Wayne Manor:
"Easy there, Batman. You almost hit me."
"Oh, sorry Mr. Freeze. I'll be more careful next time."
Commodore Schmidlapp

Post by Commodore Schmidlapp »

Way too many, but the first that comes to mind, "I come to bury Batman not to praise him."
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

I always loved those moments when the absurdity of the whole enterprise would break through. Like when Batman says to the librarian: "Have you seen any unusual looking people around here? ... For instance, a man wearing a bright green suit with big black question marks on it. "

Also I love the all the corny "justice" pronouncements, especially this gem: "I've heard that song before, Catwoman, and the last few bars are always the same. The criminal is always behind them." (One of the things I liked about the recent "Brave and the Bold" cartoon was that they brought back corny lines like that).

Also, I always have to laugh at the scene in the movie where Batman and Robin are in a desperate rush to prevent the bad guys from doing harm to the United World council, but Batman stops at the elevators to show off his mastery of languages: "Up...Up...Up...Up...Up...UP!" :lol: Like the last one's going to be any different from the first few. :lol:
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
gothosmansion

Post by gothosmansion »

Agree, lots of great moments, but if I HAVE to go with one favorite:

Batman Displays His Knowledge.

The whole scene of Catwoman trying to seduce Batman is fun and I rank it highly. If you recall, Batman agreed to meet Catwoman alone and then her henchman show up. Robin, having followed Batman, pops out and says, "You were taken in by her, Batman, but I'm too young for that sort of thing." That may be my favorite line of the entire series.
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

Another great one comes in the Minstrel episode, when Batman and Robin are trussed up and tied to a rotisserie spit, going round and round over an electric "radar range." Robin thinks this may finally be the end, and Batman says, "It is Robin, let's not lose our dignity!" :lol:
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
Jesusismysuperhero

Post by Jesusismysuperhero »

I have so many favorites!

From the show:
-This line always cracks me up:
Robin - "Batgirl looks pretty when shes asleep"
Batman - "I thought you would notice that one day Robin, that signals the first upcoming thrust of manhood old chum!"
-Also, I love the scene in the episode with Lesley Gore where Robin beats up on Batman.

From the movie:
-My favorite scene from the movie is when Bruce wakes up in the United Underworld headquarters and threatens to kill everyone if they harmed Kitka, even though the girl is right in front of him.
- The whole "Sea! See? C as in Catwoman!" crazy deduction logic scene.
- And then this quote always cracks me up: “Dare we? But what use are dreams… if not blueprints for courageous action?” lol.
Golddragon71

Post by Golddragon71 »

Catwoman considers hooking Robin up with her sidekick Eenie during a Batfight (The Cat's Meow) and then dismisses the idea saying "No It'd never work he's too young. At that age all they're interested in is base...ball!
"Someone might be able to substitute for Batman, for a very short time, but no one could ever replace him!"