Spot the blooper

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Gleeps, it's Batman

Spot the blooper

Post by Gleeps, it's Batman »

There were recent mentions in another thread of two things in Marsha Queen Of Diamonds that made me think of starting this thread. One was a blooper: Batman missing the cradle when hanging up Commissioner Gordon's phone. The other wasn't so much a blooper as something they had to work around: Burt's bandaged arm. It was mentioned that you could spot the bandage and a cut briefly, and that Burt was using the cape to hide that arm.

Can anybody name any other mistakes or bloopers or things that are out of the ordinary (like working around the bandaged arm) that they may have spotted in episodes?

One thing that always sticks out like a sore thumb to me is the cape in the different POV shots of Batman and Catwoman in the alley when she's asking for a date and if she can kiss him. Unfortunately they didn't fix the cape for one of the POV shots, so when the shots are edited together, the cape keeps changing.

Then there's Alfred calling Dick "Master Robin" when he's clearly Dick Grayson in the scene. (Or is he Ringo, as Bruce refers to him? <g>)

Looking forward to any other mistakes or bloopers or out of the ordinary things that you may have spotted in episodes.
epaddon

Re: Spot the blooper

Post by epaddon »

In Part 2 of the Green Hornet episode after Colonel Gumm is arrested, Batman addresses Pinky Pinkston as Miss *Kingston*. I kept replaying the scene again and again to make sure I heard it right and he does say the name wrong.
Gleeps, it's Batman

Good catch. I just listened to it. Thanks, epaddon. :)

I noticed two things during the pilot episode. In part 1 when they're all pacing in Gordon's office, right at the "strange artistic compulsion" line, Batman's shoulder bumps into Robin's face. And in part 2 during the batfight, I believe there's a shot of Hubie without the breathing apparatus, and then he's wearing it again.
LittleLouisGroovy

Post by LittleLouisGroovy »

Me-TV is airing "The Penguin's Nest" next weekend. Pay attention to Burt Ward's hair during this episode, as his hairstyle changes from the early scenes to the later scenes. Considering that this was the first episode produced after the hiatus, I'm guessing that Burt was still sporting his "Summer 'do" when they shot those scenes.
chrisbcritter

Post by chrisbcritter »

Caught two in the Shame ep "It's How You Play the Game": Watch Cliff Robertson's last closeup before the gunfire starts - on the right side of the screen, you can see a crewman walking past in the background.

The second one's a flubbed line: When Bruce, Dick and Alfred are talking at Wayne Manor, Burt says "Shane" instead of "Shame". Later in the conversation he clearly says "Shame".
"To the medical eye, such childish claptrap means only one thing, young man: You need some sleep."
High C

Post by High C »

My favorite, which I've mentioned in the previous incarnation of this board, occurred in part 2 of the John Astin Riddler episode. When Batman and Robin break into Riddler's hideout and the camera shows a 'two shot' of Riddler and Anna Gram (Deanna Lund), she is wearing earrings. They cut back the next time to those two, and she has no earrings. But they magically reappear while she is hiding in a corner during the Bat-fight. ;)
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
Gleeps, it's Batman

Thanks, LittleLouisGroovy, chrisbcritter, and High C. :)

I'll be on the lookout for Burt's hair in The Penguin's Nest next week, but I'm really curious ... that was really the first episode they filmed for the season? Why would they film that episode so early but not air it until December? Does anybody know the reason?
epaddon

Post by epaddon »

This is just speculation but I think it was held back for the same reason that the first weeks of S2 didn't feature any of the "Big 3" villains (if we leave out Catwoman). The movie was still playing in theaters and they might have thought airing episodes with the Big 4 would discourage people from checking out the movie if they could see Penguin on TV for nothing. Catwoman was different since Julie Newmar wasn't in the movie and thus would have represented something "different" from the movie.
Gleeps, it's Batman

Interesting speculation, and sounds plausible to me. It's a shame they had to start the season with The Archer, though. They did air another Penguin episode a month before Penguin's Nest, but it looks like that was to coincide with election time.

Another little boo-boo I just thought of was from Hot Off The Griddle/The Cat And The Fiddle. In part 1 we get Aunt Harriet calling the dance The Catusi, but in the recap at the beginning of part 2, we get Dozier calling it The Catwalk.
clavierankh

Post by clavierankh »

This is a relatively famous one. In "Pop Goes The Joker" in the fight scene in Joker's studio. Robin oes face first into a mound of modelling clay. As he get's up his mask starts to come off.
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

In the final Batfight of "Rats Like Cheese" (Part 2 of the George Sanders Mr. Freeze eps), a brief shot of Mr. Freeze up against the wall doesn't show him in his protective -50 degree "iceblock," which he has to live in to survive.
Bat65

Post by Bat65 »

I noticed one a long time ago. Its cut out most times, but if you have a full version of "That Darn Catwoman" Watch just as Pussycat (Leslie Gore) finishes singing California Nights. Catwoman enters the scene, and says "ENOUGH! Nobody gets more applause... then Catwoman". She proceeds to sit...but misses and hits the arm of the chair first, then slips into the seat. She then looks off camera to see if they want her to continue with the scene.

Dave ^V^
Serving Gotham since 1939
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

This is more of a writing blooper.

At the end of Riddler's episode 'Give 'Em The Axe' after Batman has temporarily imprisoned Riddler and his gang, Batman asks Robin how he is feeling as he frees him from the rack. Robin replies he is somewhat sore to which Batman says openly in front of the whole criminal gang that Robin will be okay after some of Aunt Harriet's soup (or something to that effect). Should he not be mentioning family members' names from their secret identities in front of Riddler and his cronies? What if they one day see Aunt Harriet mentioned by name in the Gotham Times alongside Bruce and Dick? Game over! :shock:
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
Batfan 66

Post by Batfan 66 »

Here is a a post that I made once, showing Robin's cape coming off in batman's waterloo! I had to rewatch it like 7 times because it was so brief, and then in the next frame after this you see it back on. I found it to be a really cool blooper, ;)

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1140
Has the whole world gone batty!?!?
eewdoc

Post by eewdoc »

in the season 3 Joker, Catwoman team up batgirl calls batman on the batphone Bruce Wayne answers it, She mentions Little Louie Groovy as their next target and Dick Grayson says "Gosh Bruce I always wanted to meet him" while he is still on the phone!