Catwoman - evil or funny

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

WayneGrayson

Catwoman - evil or funny

Post by WayneGrayson »

I remember a poll in which all were asked to choose between Catwoman being evil or having a crush on Batman. I'd also like to know which you would choose if caught between EVIL Catwoman (Purrfect Crime and parts of Hot off the Griddle) or FUNNY Catwoman (the rest of the Julie Newmars).
elmrgraham

Re: Catwoman - evil or funny

Post by elmrgraham »

She was purrfect as both.
chrisbcritter

Post by chrisbcritter »

I guess it depends on your purrsuasion (I am so dead for that one... :oops: ).
Seriously, it's an impossible choice for me - after all, even when she's being funny you never forget she can turn evil on a dime, without remorse ("Robin? We'll kill him" as casual as flicking a mosquito!). After all, isn't that the nature of a cat?
"To the medical eye, such childish claptrap means only one thing, young man: You need some sleep."
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Purrfectly.
dell

Post by dell »

I never regarded her as funny; she came across as more flippant to me. And like chrisbcritter said, she could turn on a dime and be nasty.
dell
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

dell wrote:I never regarded her as funny; she came across as more flippant to me. And like chrisbcritter said, she could turn on a dime and be nasty.
She did have the one-liner when the Duo was going to be fried by the giant magnifying glasses: Robin says "Holy oleo," whereby Catwoman responds, "I didn't know you could yodel."