Behind-the-scenes/filming pictures

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

antman67

Re: Behind-the-scenes/filming pictures

Post by antman67 »

I haven't seen this one before. Adam West with a young girl behind the camera.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (26.95 KiB) Viewed 12132 times
I'm a fan of Batman 1966 and other Batman movies too
High C

Post by High C »

antman67 wrote:Julie Newmar with ?
That was director Robert Sparr, who was tragically killed in a plane crash in 1969.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
Aussie Batfan

Post by Aussie Batfan »

Are you sure the little girl with Adam isn't his daughter?
Terry
Pengy

Post by Pengy »

Burgess and Ethel at the races;

antman67

Post by antman67 »

Behind the scenes with Burt Ward (Robin),Adam West (Batman) and Milton Stark (Dialogue Coach)
Attachments
12615267_10153406114846173_1637798567867286960_o.jpg
antman67

Post by antman67 »

Image Image Image
Image Image Image
I Love shots like this. These images are VERY large. Click for full size.
Aussie Batfan

Post by Aussie Batfan »

I saw that last shot on the racehorse on EBay a little while ago, under the heading of Yvonne.
Quite clearly it is the stuntperson (i recall somewhere that it was actually a StuntMAN used for Yvonne's racing double) and not Yvonne in that photo!! ;)
Hate to think people mistook that rider for the real Yvonne!
Terry
dell

Post by dell »

The only way that could be Yvonne in the shot on the horse is if she hit the caterer's table for a huge lunch before she got on the horse. :shock:
dell
antman67

Post by antman67 »

It is her stunt double. It was a man, but I don't remember who. I remember her saying once they had only one Batgirl suit and they had to wear the same one and was given back to her and it was all sweaty inside. Ewwww!
chrisbcritter

Post by chrisbcritter »

antman67 wrote:It is her stunt double. It was a man, but I don't remember who. I remember her saying once they had only one Batgirl suit and they had to wear the same one and was given back to her and it was all sweaty inside. Ewwww!
I wonder about that; he looks pretty stocky - did the suit's material stretch that much? Plus it's not that tight on his arms and legs; would have been even looser on Yvonne.
"To the medical eye, such childish claptrap means only one thing, young man: You need some sleep."
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

They must have slapped something together for the shot. For a long shot it wouldn't have to look great (and it doesn't!). I can't imagine that particular suit could have been Yvonne's. Certainly not the pants! I wonder if Hubie Kerns had his own suit? That reminds me, I remember Yvonne mentioned in an interview in 'Starlog', when they brought up the idea that Adam was out of shape, as fanboys with big guts & ponytails often did back in the Keaton nerf-Batman era :) -- she said no, Adam was in great shape, but she was surprised that they used a guy with a pot belly to double for him. Which I suppose may have perpetuated the myth that Adam West was "fat".
Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Progress Pigment wrote:They must have slapped something together for the shot. For a long shot it wouldn't have to look great (and it doesn't!). I can't imagine that particular suit could have been Yvonne's. Certainly not the pants! I wonder if Hubie Kerns had his own suit? That reminds me, I remember Yvonne mentioned in an interview in 'Starlog', when they brought up the idea that Adam was out of shape, as fanboys with big guts & ponytails often did back in the Keaton nerf-Batman era :) -- she said no, Adam was in great shape, but she was surprised that they used a guy with a pot belly to double for him. Which I suppose may have perpetuated the myth that Adam West was "fat".
A combination of how high the utility belt was worn in relation to his rather prominent rib cage from certain angles has been mistaken for his stomach in the past, these moments were particularly pronounced in the first half of Season One.

As the series went on the earlier "lace" fastening of the belts Adam and Hubie wore became replaced by elastic resulting a custom fit rather than a specific size which looked at times like it was holding their internal organs in place.
High C

Post by High C »

I also suspect that the Minerva opening scene with a shirtless and very fit and trim Adam may have been the producers' way of letting people know Batman didn't have a beer belly.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
antman67

Post by antman67 »

There's a lot of good photos at Getty Images I have never seen before.
Attachments
Getty imahes ABC photo archives.jpg
Getty imahes ABC photo archives Adam West.jpg
chrisbcritter

Post by chrisbcritter »

Is Getty Images still uploading new (old) photos?
"To the medical eye, such childish claptrap means only one thing, young man: You need some sleep."