Need advice

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

monitor_earthprime

Need advice

Post by monitor_earthprime »

Hello. I have almost finished my :
Batman '66 in the Media

I have decided to hold off on the Who's Who of the cast till the DVDs come out and I can get great screen captures. I need some input as to how it looks so far and am I missing anything.

The whole website is dedicated to Comic Books in the Media. For decades I have been collecting footage, articles, information, and behind-the-scenes of comic books in dvd/vhs, tv, film, stage, etc. This is a HUGE work in progress, and it will never be done.

Please feel free to look around and give me feedback on the site. Thanks.
Visit my wiki site:
Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:
Monitor_EP Custom figures site
monitor_earthprime

Re: Need advice

I really need some input. There is quite a bit of information there, but if there is any I have missed please let me know.

One of my favorite is the Other Media. There is so much "lost" footage that I truly love there including the song Batman & his Grandmother by Dicki Goodman.

Also does anybody know of the commericals that were originally aired that start the cast of Batman. I used to have a Lava Soap commercial on VHS with the Batman cast but it was destroyed before I could digitally transfer it.
Visit my wiki site:
Comic Books in the Media

Gleeps, it's Batman

Post by Gleeps, it's Batman »

I'm afraid I only had time to look at the page briefly, but I just wanted to let you know that what you have listed as The Martha Raye Show has to be either Hollywood Palace or The Milton Berle Show because IMDB has The Martha Raye Show listed from 1954-56.
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

The segment on ABC's 25th Anniversary in 1978 isn't included:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuVXn2FpZe4

Some others:

Home movie (?) footage from the pilot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYEvhPCyocs

Adam & Burt on Merv Griffin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w78vKDqXcYM

Yvonne Craig on The Dating Game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pDrONuqiVw
High C

Post by High C »

'Vicki Lawerance' should be spelled 'Vicki Lawrence'

'Lyle Wagner' should be spelled 'Lyle Waggoner'
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
monitor_earthprime

Thanks guys. I have added and made the corrections.

I need more advise. Is the Godzilla vs Batman a urban myth, fake news, or so old nobody really knows anymore.
Visit my wiki site:
Comic Books in the Media

Lord Death Man

Post by Lord Death Man »

Urban myth. It was supposed to have been an early screenplay draft by Godzilla scripter Sekizawa Shinichi in 1965. But there are no records of such a screenplay or even one being submitted in Toho archives, no known mentions of this in contemporary Japanese sources, with only a poorly made fan produced 'fake' script ever seeing the 'light of day'. And Sekizawa-san himself never referred to such a project.

Instead it appears to have been a rumor started in Western fan press in the wake of 'Bambi Vs. Godzilla' cartoon and a desire to make more 'joke Godzilla projects'. Much like the story about "Kingu Konga Tai Gojira" (King Kong Versus Godzilla) having two endings-one where King Kong wins for Western audiences, one where Godzilla wins for Japan (there was only Kong version).
He flies and fights-BATMAN!
Purity and virtue-BATMAN!
Cowards run away!
Batman saves the day!
Also, Boy Wonder Robin.
Batman and Robin-caped crusaders at night!
BIFF! POW! BAM! BATMAN!
Robin Holyisms

Post by Robin Holyisms »

monitor_earthprime wrote:Thanks guys. I have added and made the corrections.

I need more advise. Is the Godzilla vs Batman a urban myth, fake news, or so old nobody really knows anymore.
There is a 22 page story outline for this movie, in the William Dozier archive collection that you can get from the American Heritage Center.
Story Outlines Movies Box 45

Batman Meets Godzilla, no date
22 pgs, mimeo and carbon, annotated, no author, Greenway Productions
http://rmoa.unm.edu/docviewer.php?docId=wyu-ah06851.xml

And it is referenced in a blog post by the radio historian Martin Grams.

http://martingrams.blogspot.co.uk/2011/ ... eries.html
Lord Death Man

Post by Lord Death Man »

Robin Holyisms wrote:There is a 22 page story outline for this movie, in the William Dozier archive collection that you can get from the American Heritage Center...

...And it is referenced in a blog post by the radio historian Martin Grams.
That is interesting. So it looks like there are two different 'Godzilla Vs Batman' projects form the 1960's-the purported 1965 one from Toho Studio's Sekizawa Shinichi that nothing exists for (urban legend), and the undated 'no author' one in the Dozier document collection. Mr. Grams seems to be referring to the latter and assigns it a date of 1968. I wonder where he got the date? One would presume he extrapolated the date from the context of the contents (Batgirl being in it).
He flies and fights-BATMAN!
Purity and virtue-BATMAN!
Cowards run away!
Batman saves the day!
Also, Boy Wonder Robin.
Batman and Robin-caped crusaders at night!
BIFF! POW! BAM! BATMAN!
Boy Wonder

Post by Boy Wonder »

That home movie footage was great, I'd never seen it before.
monitor_earthprime

Once I started on the Batman '66 of my Wiki I discovered more footage than even I remembered. I find it fun to just dig into youtube and see what else there is so I can add it to the collection.
Visit my wiki site:
Comic Books in the Media

BatMite

Post by BatMite »

monitor_earthprime wrote:I really need some input. There is quite a bit of information there, but if there is any I have missed please let me know.

One of my favorite is the Other Media. There is so much "lost" footage that I truly love there including the song Batman & his Grandmother by Dicki Goodman.

Also does anybody know of the commericals that were originally aired that start the cast of Batman. I used to have a Lava Soap commercial on VHS with the Batman cast but it was destroyed before I could digitally transfer it.
I've read about the Lava Soap commercial several times but have never seen it. Somebody on this message board surely has it. Can somebody post it?
monitor_earthprime

I have added in more reunion footage from comic book conventions. These are the longest version I could find.
Visit my wiki site:
Comic Books in the Media