So were any of the 66 villians destined to be awful?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Frenchy1939

Re: So were any of the 66 villians destined to be awful?

Post by Frenchy1939 »

As strange as it sounds, I thought The Minstrel was a pretty spooky villain. Those episodes generated some suspense and feeling of doom when the guy came on TV during the episode.

The Minstrel was singing and everything but he looked like a real psycho with those jacked up songs.

I think the scarier the villain, the better. If it can be done and still keep the show somewhat funny, that is. The bad guy really getting beaten at the end would’ve done it. Just my opinion.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Frenchy1939 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:37 pm As strange as it sounds, I thought The Minstrel was a pretty spooky villain. Those episodes generated some suspense and feeling of doom when the guy came on TV during the episode.

The Minstrel was singing and everything but he looked like a real psycho with those jacked up songs.

I think the scarier the villain, the better. If it can be done and still keep the show somewhat funny, that is. The bad guy really getting beaten at the end would’ve done it. Just my opinion.
I dunno about spooky, but certainly creepy that's for sure.
Music. BAT! Music.
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

Actually, I didn't find the Minstrel episode too bad what with the disguises and computer rigging and all that. For me, it was one of season's 2's bright spots - one of them...
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"