Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

elmrgraham

Re: Batman marathon on IFC July 4th

Post by elmrgraham »

Holy Sharp Promo.
WayneGrayson

Post by WayneGrayson »

I wonder something - since this'll air on IFC, will the transfer be a good-looking one? I've watched the channel for years the films have always had a good picture quality.
RuxieCat121

Post by RuxieCat121 »

I get the channel too! I have Optimum in NY. It's channel 83 I think.

~Heather
WayneGrayson

Post by WayneGrayson »

Although I have bootlegs, I'll still be taping these - just to see how the transfer looks and if they've cut anything. By the way, I just watched the promo trailer - hilario...no, HOLY HILARITY!
Jaws63

Post by Jaws63 »

I don't get IFC here on our cable system here in Minnesota, now I'm only here temporarily. I'll half to see(I can't remember) If I get IFC in Guam, where I actually live. If I don't I'll have to hear what people have to say here on the boards.

Since I'm on medical leave from work, I'll have plenty of time to lurk and post on the boards.
chrisbcritter

Post by chrisbcritter »

OK, they're running.
Pilot: No opening narration. Caviar sequence intact. Print was sharp but long scratches in places; reds a bit saturated. First 1/2 hour: 6:40 in commercials. Second: 1/2 hour: 6:32 in commercials, so about 23 1/2 minute runtime. Definitely sped up, although maybe not as bad as MeTV (I'll have to time one of those to be sure). Credits squashed at end to show IFC promos.
Verdict? Looks better on the HD IFC channel, at least, than in SD on MeTV.

What do you think? Happy and safe Fourth to all!

P.S. I still think Gorshin got his sleep/wake spray cans mixed up... :lol:
"To the medical eye, such childish claptrap means only one thing, young man: You need some sleep."
Bat Tom

Post by Bat Tom »

It looks like they are showing Batman all weekend.
Fig Newton

Post by Fig Newton »

Definitely not the new remasters. But I'm still enjoying watching the episodes.
RuxieCat121

Post by RuxieCat121 »

Been watching/leaving it on in the background all day. The theme sequence definitely sounds sped-up to me for each episode. Odd. Definitely better than it looks on MeTV though.

~Heather
WayneGrayson

Post by WayneGrayson »

I've noticed the credit sequence is speeded up, but slows down for a second, then speeds back up - quite strange, BUT the transfer looks smashing. I'm taping a bunch of them - my faves, really, and... so BAT far, so BAT GOOD!
chrisbcritter

Post by chrisbcritter »

The speed up/slowdown bit is pretty much constant on MeTV; you can't help but notice it in the background music. I timed one of my recorded episodes ("The Catwoman Goeth") from there, subtracted the commercials and promos, and sure enough the total runtime is one minute shorter than on IFC.
"To the medical eye, such childish claptrap means only one thing, young man: You need some sleep."