Batman stands pat episode

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Mike Mulitsch

Batman stands pat episode

Post by Mike Mulitsch »

I'm sure this has been discussed before but I just noticed that Batman tunic is unzipped in this episode when he's throwing the battering up to the window
Also in the previous episode , what was up with Babette's voice
Was she parodying someone or did the actress have a cold
Mike Mulitsch

Re: Batman stands pat episode

Post by Mike Mulitsch »

Bump
Jim Akin

Post by Jim Akin »

Babette's nasally delivery reminds me of Miss Adelaide from Guys and Dolls.
High C

Post by High C »

Sandra Wells, who played Babette, had very few credits:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2490749/

The best way to determine if that was her real voice would be to check out The Wild Wild West ep she did. Anything other than that is speculation considering we don't have any production notes from the director, producers, etc.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

High C wrote:Sandra Wells, who played Babette, had very few credits:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2490749/

The best way to determine if that was her real voice would be to check out The Wild Wild West ep she did. Anything other than that is speculation considering we don't have any production notes from the director, producers, etc.
Since the episode is online, I checked it out, and assuming I had the right person (since her character's name is never noted), her voice sounds normal. As an aside, one of the villains in the episode is played by Theo Marcuse, who was Von Bloheim in the Riddler Silent Movie eps; it was one of his final roles before he was killed in an auto accident in late 1967.

I'm guessing her voice on Batman was simply a humorous throwaway by the producers.