I just spoke to Sherry Jackson!

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Chief OHara

I just spoke to Sherry Jackson!

Post by Chief OHara »

What a nice lady. So excited to talk to her. One of my absolute favorite molls! I told her about our website so I hope she checks it out.
Gleeps, it's Batman

Re: I just spoke to Sherry Jackson!

Post by Gleeps, it's Batman »

Cool! Congratulations!
Chief OHara

Post by Chief OHara »

She has a great website where she interacts with her fans
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

Unfortunately, she's had some health issues that past few years that she will hopefully get through, but I can second the comment about her being a sweetheart--and still beautiful.
robinboyblunderer

Post by robinboyblunderer »

When I have more time, I'll go on a bit more or maybe just clarify, but Sherry Jackson did an excellent job playing Pauline, one of the show's best molls.

Her acting during throughout the episode encapsulated both the time period of her part (as the flapper at the beginning) and a bit over-dramatic acting...one couldn't tell if Pauline knew she was over-acting or was just a bad actress when she "begs" for food.

She came across as a frustrated would be actress, who loved taking part in the Riddler's capers, when she laughs while watching the Riddler's film, and later eyeing the temper tonic with sinister joy.

Look at her evil glee when she answers "When he's in trouble!" when Robin is helpless at the lumberyard.

And of course, the mocking, dominant smile as she gasses Robin and watches triumphantly, as he slumps helpless before her.

She certainly made an impression!
Phil B

Post by Phil B »

Speaking of impressions, her appearances in Lost in Space and Star Trek did just that for me.
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

robinboyblunderer wrote: She came across as a frustrated would be actress, who loved taking part in the Riddler's capers, when she laughs while watching the Riddler's film, and later eyeing the temper tonic with sinister joy.
Exactly Batman's thoughts in the interrogation scene in Gordon's office:

Pauline: My name is Pauline. My lawyer's name is Mr. Oliver Wendell. Why don't you look him up and buzz him?
Gordon: No use, Batman. She's hard as nails.
O'Hara: Knows her legal rights, too.
Batman: A frustrated, would-be actress. A star that was never born. Venting her disappointment on society.

Sherry was voted Favorite Moll by our group here a few years ago. A worthy selection indeed!
epaddon

Post by epaddon »

I was left in awe of how more than a decade after "Batman" when Sherry did a "Fantasy Island" episode she pulled the impossible of looking 24-25 when she was actually 38 at the time.
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

epaddon wrote:I was left in awe of how more than a decade after "Batman" when Sherry did a "Fantasy Island" episode she pulled the impossible of looking 24-25 when she was actually 38 at the time.
Looking stunning in a bikini, no less! Actually, she was "only" 36 at the time.
Attachments
FI.jpg
Chief OHara

Post by Chief OHara »

talking to her may have been the best phone call I ever received
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

Chief OHara wrote:talking to her may have been the best phone call I ever received
Just curious how you were the recipient of this honor?
Chief OHara

Post by Chief OHara »

i had ordered an autographed pic from her website and she called me to tell me when it would be sent out. that is awesome.
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

Chief OHara wrote:i had ordered an autographed pic from her website and she called me to tell me when it would be sent out. that is awesome.
Congrats. BTW, here is the link to her website: http://www.sherryjackson.net/
Gleeps, it's Batman

Post by Gleeps, it's Batman »

Chief OHara wrote:i had ordered an autographed pic from her website and she called me to tell me when it would be sent out. that is awesome.
Wow. That *IS* awesome.
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

Just prior to her appearance on Batman, Sherry popped up on My Three Sons--playing a beautiful HIGH SCHOOL student. :o