July 23rd is Batman's 75th Birthday

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

batbelfry

Re: July 23rd is Batman's 75th Birthday

Post by batbelfry »

I went to a comic shop in Atlanta after work, about 8:30pm...they had a box on the floor full of giveaway masks...and the lion's share of them were the Adam West version. (A comic book aficionado who had been holding court about all things comic booky to anyone who would listen walked past me while I was pulling one out of the box and said, "Oh hey, the Burt Ward version!" I didn't look up or make eye contact. I guess he should stick to Wolverine.)

The clerk gave me a free Batman comic, they said it's a re-imagining of the first Batman appearance in Detective Comics, and a bag with that comic's cover on the front, and the Batman 75 logo on the back.

I suspect that the folks at SDCC will come away with swaggier swag.

I didn't even expect any Bat-goodies, I had really dropped in because I needed to pick up Classic Popeye #24. Yeah, I said Classic Popeye. Shut up. :D
batbelfry

Post by batbelfry »

For everyone who couldn't get a mask, here's a decent image of it, and I keyed out the eye holes and the background for you.

TysonL

Post by TysonL »

I got a few copies of the comic book, I also got all 4 masks, the cape, 2 book marks, a poster and a pin. I feel I did quite well on this day of Batman.