TV Broadcasts

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Jaws63

TV Broadcasts

Post by Jaws63 »

I just saw a promo the other day(On Metv) for "The adventures of Superman". This is one of the shows I own on dvd, and I expect the show will be edited for commercial time.

This is why I buy classic tv on dvd. I get ridiculed from friends and family for buying these, they say why waist your money when you can watch this very thing on tv. I tell them I like to watch these shows as they were in their original format, completely uncut and commercial free.

I took a radio broadcasting course back in the 80's, one of the lessons was splicing audio cassette tapes and doing a lot of personal edits, which is interesting because this practice is rather old school, these day's radio and tv stations get their programs already pre-edited from the distributers.

I would think, that with the Batman show set to be released...that any subsequent broadcasts will become very rare and(If broadcasted) more than likely be the reprised set for commercial time version(which is a huge part of the reason I had my step mother order the set for me). I own "Munsters" None of these cable stations carry it, same with "The Flintstones", "Speed racer", or Hawaii Five Oh. Now Bewitched IS currently played on "Antenna tv", but butchered to threads. Whether ridiculed by family or not dvd is the way to watch classic tv.
AHTrois

Re: TV Broadcasts

Post by AHTrois »

At least Batman's aired uncut and complete on MeTV! And IFC! :)
Jaws63

Post by Jaws63 »

AHTrois wrote:At least Batman's aired uncut and complete on MeTV! And IFC! :)
This is exactly what's misleading, what's been broadcasted since 89 is a reprised(made to fit commercial time) version, that was further edited. Now what we've seen lately on "Broadcast TV" is the full reprised version(still with edits). The Official release WILL be the episodes as they were when it was originally aired.
superman1966

Post by superman1966 »

You know keep in mind that curent tv airing beside logos on screen,the show is all so speed up.
Phil B

Post by Phil B »

Jaws63 wrote:I just saw a promo the other day(On Metv) for "The adventures of Superman". This is one of the shows I own on dvd, and I expect the show will be edited for commercial time.

This is why I buy classic tv on dvd. I get ridiculed from friends and family for buying these, they say why waist your money when you can watch this very thing on tv. I tell them I like to watch these shows as they were in their original format, completely uncut and commercial free.

I took a radio broadcasting course back in the 80's, one of the lessons was splicing audio cassette tapes and doing a lot of personal edits, which is interesting because this practice is rather old school, these day's radio and tv stations get their programs already pre-edited from the distributers.

I would think, that with the Batman show set to be released...that any subsequent broadcasts will become very rare and(If broadcasted) more than likely be the reprised set for commercial time version(which is a huge part of the reason I had my step mother order the set for me). I own "Munsters" None of these cable stations carry it, same with "The Flintstones", "Speed racer", or Hawaii Five Oh. Now Bewitched IS currently played on "Antenna tv", but butchered to threads. Whether ridiculed by family or not dvd is the way to watch classic tv.
Unfortunately The Adventures of Superman does have cuts. Not as many as the latest syndicated versions but cuts nonetheless.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Sounds like you might have some friends with issues, and I don't think it's cool they ridicule you for liking something.

I've got a lot of shows on DVD and they're great to have running in the studio while I'm working. Agree 100% I prefer to have them uncut! sadly some of them still are even in a release. MEtv is one of my favorite channels, but they still show some sped up or hacked up programs.

So Batman will sit on my shelf next to DVD collections of

GET SMART
GILLIGANS ISLAND
WONDER WOMAN
THE FLASH
STAR TREK
NIGHT GALLERY
BUCK ROGERS
SUPAIDAMAN (Japanese SpiderMan tv show from 1978)
SPIDER-MAN (1967 Cartoons)
WILD WILD WEST
THE AVENGERS (Steed and Mrs Peel)
TARZAN (Ron Ely)
THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN
HAWAII FIVE OH
DRAGNET
PLANET OF THE APES (1975)
COLUMBO
ELLERY QUEEN
NEW ADVENTURES OF CHARLIE CHAN
THE FLINTSTONES
DICK VAN DYKE
THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW
THE BEVERLY HILLBILLIES
GREEN ACRES
ROCKOS MODERN LIFE
FANTASTIC FOUR (1967 cartoon series)
JOHNNY QUEST
THE MUNSTERS
SANFORD AND SON
THE ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN
THE ODD COUPLE
DARK SHADOWS
THRILLER
THE TWILIGHT ZONE
ALFRED HITCHCOCK PRESENTS
THE OUTER LIMITS

and probably two dozen more I will remember later on. Some hold up like old friends, others at least are entertaining and so much better than MOST OF WHATS ON TV today, plus I can watch them on my schedule.

So tell your friends they don't know what they're talking about.

Anybody else? What shows will share the shelf with Batman? Or is it just me and Jaws who collect TV?
Spikor1982

Post by Spikor1982 »

Batman will be on the shelf with my other television dvds

Star Trek TOS:Blu/DVD, TNG, DS9, Animated
The Twilight Zone
Leave it to Beaver
Dennis the Menace
Lost in Space
Swamp Thing
Wonder Woman
Planet of the Apes
The Amazing Spider-Man [live action]
Frasier
The Adventures of Superman [Reeves]
Superfriends [all series]
Batman, The Antd Series
He-Man and the Masters of the Universe
She-Ra, Princess of Power
TransFormers G1 & Japanese Series
Transformers: Prime
MASK
GI Joe Series 1 & 2
Silverhawks
Thundercats
Tales from the Darkside
Tales from the Crypt
She-Wolf of London
The Hitchhiker
The Ray Bradbury Theatre
The Addams Family
Friday the 13th: The Series
Saved by the Bell :roll:
The Ren & Stimpy Show
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles [S1-5]
Voltron, Defender of the Universe
RED DWARF :x
and probably a few more..lots of 60s and 80s animated shows, all over the place here.
“It is the duty of every good citizen of Gotham City to report meeting a man from Mars in a public park."
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

Okay, then it's all settled. On Saturday we're all going to Andy's house and Sunday to Spikor's for some great TV partying! Bring your own pop and chips! :P

Some great collections there, guys.

Mine isn't as extensive. Off the top I can think of:

Batman (66-68 live action - soon to be)
Batman (animated 1968)
The New Adventures of Batman (animated 1977)
Batman: The Brave and the Bold
Batman: The Animated Series (1990s - 2000s)
The Batman (animated series 2000s)
Superman Animated Vol. 1 & 2
The Wild, Wild West
The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
Hogan's Heroes
Lost in Space
Scooby Doo (original series)
Jonny Quest
The Groovy Ghoulies
Super Friends (Entire DVD set collection)
Kolchak: The Night Stalker
The Six Million Dollar Man
Return to the Planet of the Apes (1975 animated series)
Planet of the Apes (1975 TV series)
The Outer Limits
The Munsters
Wonder Woman
Bewitched
Battlestar Galactica (original series)
Star Trek (original series)
Seinfeld
Babylon 5

That's all I can think of at the moment, although I do have my eye on the old Saturday morning Monster Squad comedy with pre-Love Boat Fred (Gopher) Grandy! I love monster stuff, especially Hammer Horror and old Universal classic horror. 8-)
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
Phil B

Post by Phil B »

A few from my collection.

ALF
Astro Boy (Original Series)
Banacek
Bewitched
Cheers
Columbo
Dick Van Dyke
Everybody Loves Raymond
Frasier
Friends
Get Smart
Gilligan’s Island
Green Acres
I Dream Of Jeannie
Jonny Quest (Original Series)
King of Queens
Kolchak: The Night Stalker
Land of the Giants
Lost In Space
M*A*S*H
Mr. Terrific
Scooby Doo (Original Series)
Seinfeld
Star Trek (Original Series)
That 70’s Show
The Adventures Of Superman
The Andy Griffith Show
The Avengers (UK)
The Champions (UK)
The Flash
The Flintstones
The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy
The Jetsons (Original Series)
The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
The Munsters
The Outer Limits
The Three Stooges
The Thunderbirds
The Twilight Zone
The Wild, Wild West
Wonder Woman
X-Files

Quite a few British sitcoms. Are You Being Served?, Bless this House, Fawlty Towers, The Good Life, George & Mildred, Man About the House, to name a few.
I'll probably think of a few more after I've hit the submit button but there's definitely space being made for BATMAN.
Mr. Deathtrap

Post by Mr. Deathtrap »

Citizens,

I have a lot of shows on DVD, too. Many of the shows in my collection have been named, but I'll add:

Kolchack the Night Stalker, Forever Night, Doctor Who (classic), The Saint, Burn Notice, Highlander, It Takes a Thief, and Burke's Law.

The Avengers (Steed & Mrs. Peel), Star Trek TOS, and The Wild Wild West are worthy repeats.

I've seen The Adventures of Ellery Queen, Maverick, and The Rockford Files on DVD also. They're fantastic.

Mr. Deathtrap
Tune in for their exciting conclusion. Same Bat-Time! Same Bat - Channel!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I KNEW I'D FORGET SOME!

KOLCHAK THE NIGHT STALKER
FLASH GORDON (ANIMATED)
AQUAMAN (ANIMATED)
BATMAN AND ROBIN (ANIMATED)
BATMAN THE ANIMATED SERIES
THE TIME TUNNEL
LAND OF THE GIANTS

The studio is always open! Come on in, grab a snack and plop yourself down to watch some TV (although lately it's been music!)