Batgirl Pilot

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

weirdkorey

Batgirl Pilot

Post by weirdkorey »

First off I am NOT making this thread for it to turn into an ongoing complaint thread about what is or isn't going to be included in the bonus features on the upcoming official release, so please lets not discuss that here. I am making this thread to ask a question that hopefully someone more knowledgable than myself could direct me in the right place to solve it.

I am trying to find the (as of now) best quality release of the Batgirl Pilot to date. Can anyone shed some light to me on what release has included the best quality version of it? I have heard of a Bat-Clips DVD which I actually just discovered I have an old VHS of. I also have seen some youtube videos of it but they are all terribly pixelated. Are there any other "better quality" sources of this Pilot which have been made available that someone may have seen? Please keep this within board guidelines by not posting links to youtube videos. If you want to send me a link please do it in a PM to comply with the board guidelines. I am not trying to break rules I am just trying to find the best quality version available & then see if I can use my video editing skills to clean it up & color correct it & make look the best I can for my own personal collection that I can have along side the upcoming complete Blu-Ray set!

Thanks in advance for any & all insight given.
Robin Holyisms

Re: Batgirl Pilot

Post by Robin Holyisms »

weirdkorey wrote:I am not trying to break rules I am just trying to find the best quality version available & then see if I can use my video editing skills to clean it up & color correct it & make look the best I can for my own personal collection that I can have along side the upcoming complete Blu-Ray set!

Thanks in advance for any & all insight given.
Well iv'e heard that there is a good quality version of it on the Bat Clips DVD, but that claim is not supported by this picture that was used in a review for the DVD version of Bat Clips.

http://neovideohunter.wordpress.com/201 ... vd-review/

So I re-checked my Holy Batmania DVD, and was reminded of the fact that a good quality version of it was included in the Adam West biography Adam West: Behind The Cowl.

However a longer version in similar quality has been uploaded onto YouTube. This version of the Batgirl pilot appears to have been used in Hollywood Screen Tests: Take 1. I say this because it features interviews with Yvonne Craig and Charlie Fitzsimmons that are shown in between segments of the Batgirl Pilot. I have not seen that footage in any of the other Batman TV Series spin off releases that i have, so until i'm told otherwise i will believe that it comes from the aforementioned Hollywood Screen Tests documentary.

Edit: Well I just done a google search for more info on this and it seems that i was right.
That_weirdo_Cage
02/04/08 at 1:00am

The best video quality for the Pilot can be found on two DVDs: Holy Batmania and Hollywood Screen Tests Take 1. Much (if not most) of the material from the Pilot is present in cuts in these two sources, although often with narration voiceovers. Not the whole Pilot, cut up in pieces, voiced over, split up across two DVDs. But still the best video quality for that material. Everything else I've seen for the Pilot looks like second generation VHS transferred to DVD, and, sadly, every copy of the equal rights commercial that I've seen is even worse.
http://www.66batman.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/Y ... 02073030/8
robinboyblunderer

Re: Batgirl Pilot

Post by robinboyblunderer »

I kinda liked Batgirl's sassy attitude in this one, though they really blew it on Killer Moth. Well, I know it was just a quickie villain to introduce her. He should've been used in the regular series, as the anti-Batman he was introduced as, complete with evil female sidekick.

Overall, I didn't care for Batgirl, nor for what she did to the show and the chemistry, though I think Yvonne Craig did a great job in the role.

An opinion on Batgirl and her pilot weren't what you requested so I'll just say, I'm sure you'll be able to find a good version of this somewhere online. Or maybe it'll turn up on the box set?