ME-TV to keep the Dynamic Duo on the air

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Dr. Shimel

ME-TV to keep the Dynamic Duo on the air

Post by Dr. Shimel »

Saw the Fall schedule of an ME-TV affiliate that showed that the Caped Crusaders would remain on Saturday nights at 7 p.m. :D

Many of you have likely seen that The Adventures of Superman is being added to the network. It will be the lead-in to Batman, so that the network can hype three straight hours of Superheroes: Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman.
clavierankh

Re: ME-TV to keep the Dynamic Duo on the air

Post by clavierankh »

Where did you see the fall schedule?
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

clavierankh wrote:Where did you see the fall schedule?
As noted before, this is for an affiliate (Central Time), with MOST of them following the same schedule:

http://www.foxkrbk.com/story/MeTVozarksFallschedule2014
clavierankh

Post by clavierankh »

Thanks
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

Whoa, The Man From Uncle on Sunday nights! :shock:
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
The Booking Worm

Post by The Booking Worm »

Very sad to see Car 54 go. Off topic I know, but it's truly one of the great American tv shows that I feel doesn't get as much love as it deserves.

But having a two hour block of Superman and Batman is pretty great.
superman1966

Post by superman1966 »

The only thing i don't like about ME-TV airing,is they speed up the episodes.
Gotham

Post by Gotham »

Did you know the Series is on IFC every day? 4 episodes! They are different and not repeats so we get 2 complete 2 part shows a day! (IFC is on Dish Network)
I may not agree with what you say at times, But I will fight for your right to say it!
richey88

Post by richey88 »

Thank heavens for IFC!! Our Me-TV affiliate has pubic afffairs programming at 7 on Saturday dang it!! "The Delaware Way"?? Would rather watch paint dry. My Tivo runneth over thanks to IFC. Only thing I notice sped up is the thems song/intro. What else is sped up (sorry if this has been asked before, message board noob here).
Gleeps, it's Batman

Post by Gleeps, it's Batman »

richey88 wrote:Thank heavens for IFC!! Our Me-TV affiliate has pubic afffairs programming at 7 on Saturday dang it!! "The Delaware Way"?? Would rather watch paint dry. My Tivo runneth over thanks to IFC. Only thing I notice sped up is the thems song/intro. What else is sped up (sorry if this has been asked before, message board noob here).
Yeah, I wrote to the local affiliate and told them that the majority of their viewers don't even live in Delaware, and that with me they'd have had a captive audience because I don't have cable, but that everyone else I know of in the area has switched to watching Batman on IFC, but all I got from them was the form letter about the FCC, blah blah blah. I was debating writing again to complain about them not airing Batman on one of the sub channels instead, but it looks like they're prepping the sub channels for two new channels (2.2 says ESCAPE and 2.3 says GRIT) so I guess there's no hope of that. :(
4theboids

Post by 4theboids »

richey88 wrote:Thank heavens for IFC!! Our Me-TV affiliate has pubic afffairs programming at 7 on Saturday dang it!! "The Delaware Way"?? Would rather watch paint dry. My Tivo runneth over thanks to IFC. Only thing I notice sped up is the theme song/intro. What else is sped up (sorry if this has been asked before, message board noob here).
The ME-TV affiliate here in Atlanta has been pre-empting Batman with MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL GAMES!!!! :shock: :roll: :? :x Only this past weekend I FINALLY got to see "Joker's Last Laugh/"The Joker's Epitath" after weeks of minor league baseball!!! What is up with ME-TV, they're quickly declining to the level of TV-Land (which actually used to be good many years ago)

I noticed ME-TV runs a lot of things through software that speeds up the video/audio and worse chops up a lot of it, I noticed it the most with the intro to the Bob Newhart Show, boy, talk about serious butchering!
QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK!!
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

4theboids wrote:What is up with ME-TV, they're quickly declining to the level of TV-Land (which actually used to be good many years ago)
The affiliate is to blame, not ME-TV. Besides, they have a LONG way to go before they get as bad as TV Land.
Riddler 66

Post by Riddler 66 »

Just curious, is this possibly the first time Superman , Batman and Wonder Woman have been run back to back, and for hat matter in decade order, 1950's, 1960's and 1970's?
The trigger: one of my riddles!