OFFICIAL BATMUSIC THREAD ADD TO IT WHEN YOU WILL

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

John Mack

Re: OFFICIAL BATMUSIC THREAD ADD TO IT WHEN YOU WILL

Post by John Mack »

I had written La La Land back asking for any clarification they could give me on the rights situation and they said it's complicated. Too many cooks in the kitchen.

So, us music buffs still have to fight the good fight that most others have already won...POW!
Music. BAT! Music.
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

Member Szabol posted this in another thread, but wanted to add it to this thread as I'm an avid collector of Batmusic and wanted to bump this thread. 8-)

Batman vs. Two-Face (Music From The DC Animated Movie) was released last month and it appears FYE has the exclusive CD. It's available as a download elsewhere.

John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Thanks Blue!
Music. BAT! Music.
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

John Mack wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:06 pm Thanks Blue!
You're welcome. I see FYE has a 25% off + Free Shipping deal posted on their home page, which isn't a bad deal as they're the only ones with the release on physical media.
mwilbury

Post by mwilbury »

I'm in the final stages of preparing an album of Nelson Riddle Bat-covers for pressing this month. I'm trying to help out with the publishing/mechanicals for villain cues and such.

There are several Bat-music aficionados on this thread that are far more knowledgable than me. If anybody has time to help me out in the next couple days, drop me a PM.

Thanks!
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

mwilbury wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:00 pm I'm in the final stages of preparing an album of Nelson Riddle Bat-covers for pressing this month. I'm trying to help out with the publishing/mechanicals for villain cues and such.

There are several Bat-music aficionados on this thread that are far more knowledgable than me. If anybody has time to help me out in the next couple days, drop me a PM.

Thanks!
mwilbury,

I can't help you with your question, but I would love to know more about your project and when it can be ordered. Are you doing vinyl, CD, or both?

You may want to visit http://forums.stevehoffman.tv as there's lot of knowledgeable folks over there when it comes to music. Also, here's a good thread about Batman records from the '60's.
http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/b ... 0s.394492/

Cheers.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Wow! Keep us in the loop for sure. Sorry I wouldn't be able to help. If you explain things a bit more to us, maybe someone could help.
Music. BAT! Music.
mwilbury

Post by mwilbury »

It's a studio-recorded followup to the concert I posted about in April. The album consists mostly of new arrangements from Riddle's film score with a couple from the TV album (in John's avatar). Spoiler: the band also covers the classic Spider-Man cartoon theme.

Some of the arrangements are more straightforward than others, and I think we also managed to identify every Riddle track that is "quoted" within other tracks/medleys.

It was tough at times because so many of the motifs repeat throughout the film, and it was hard to know which specific tracks were being referenced when we didn't have notes from the arrangers.

Anyways, there's one more track that I may need assistance with, if I can't get in touch with the composer of the new arrangement. If I don't get it nailed down, I'll post again and try to share the track in question with anyone that wants to help.

Either way, I'll be certain to update the board as soon as I have final artwork, release date, purchase info, or preview music.
mwilbury

Post by mwilbury »

Still trying to nail down a release date (probably mid-to-late February), but I now have the list of songs. The track listing is approximate, because the “Bat-Spin” occurs several times, and "Kitka" is presented as a suite and may be divided into separate tracks.

As with last April’s concert, the studio album is mostly jazz-band arrangements of Nelson Riddle’s work on the feature film score and “TV soundtrack” album.
  • To The Airport
  • Bat-Spin (trumpet call)
  • Riddling The Riddler
  • Spider-Man Theme
  • Batman Blues
  • Kitka
  • Holy-Hole-In-The-Donut
  • Murcielago En la Cueva (featuring Batman Theme)
  • Amazing Grace
I will certainly update the board when I have an on-sale date, purchase info, etc. Same Bat-Channel…
Attachments
TheBatSwings-Cover.jpg
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Thanks for the update. Keep us posted. This is going to be so nice to own!
Music. BAT! Music.
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

mwilbury wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:48 pm Still trying to nail down a release date (probably mid-to-late February), but I now have the list of songs. The track listing is approximate, because the “Bat-Spin” occurs several times, and "Kitka" is presented as a suite and may be divided into separate tracks.

As with last April’s concert, the studio album is mostly jazz-band arrangements of Nelson Riddle’s work on the feature film score and “TV soundtrack” album.
  • To The Airport
  • Bat-Spin (trumpet call)
  • Riddling The Riddler
  • Spider-Man Theme
  • Batman Blues
  • Kitka
  • Holy-Hole-In-The-Donut
  • Murcielago En la Cueva (featuring Batman Theme)
  • Amazing Grace
I will certainly update the board when I have an on-sale date, purchase info, etc. Same Bat-Channel…
Very cool. Looking forward to when this is released.
mwilbury

Post by mwilbury »

Well, the album is off to production. Awaiting confirmation, but it looks like our release date is scheduled for March 5. Will provide order information as soon as I get it from the university box office.

In the meantime, a Photoshop mockup of the entire outer package:
Attachments
TheBatSwings-3D_Mockup.jpg
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

WOW! This so nice! Can't wait to hear it!
Music. BAT! Music.
ChAnOoD

Post by ChAnOoD »

Wow. The packaging sells the CD pretty well!

I´ve been reading this topic, as I was wondering the same questions you made here. It´s incredible that they didn´t try to do a compilation of the music from the series. Yep, the original album was nice, but short, and it relies too much on quotes and audio parts from the cast instead of the music.
mwilbury

Post by mwilbury »

Despite the silence on my end, a lot has been going on. My third child (baby girl #2!) was born last week, so you can imagine it's been a little hectic.

The Bat Swings! album release was pushed back a week to March 12 out of concern for the suddenly slower-than-ever USPS to make sure the jazz station DJs have their copies in time.

I managed to put together a webpage for the record: The Bat Swings!

I'll move this part of the conversation into Bat-Merchandise soon, but pre-orders are available from a couple vendors now: It will be available from many more outlets, but most of the links won't be available until the album launches, unfortunately. I will add new purchase links to the album webpage as they appear.

Whew, thanks for reading. Signing off for now with a couple video clips I made (they're square for social media)...

[BBvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/embed/pdX848-fACg[/BBvideo]