OFFICIAL BATMUSIC THREAD ADD TO IT WHEN YOU WILL

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

batbelfry

Re: OFFICIAL BATMUSIC THREAD ADD TO IT WHEN YOU WILL

Post by batbelfry »

Batguitarist wrote: WOW! Thanks for posting! Here's something strange about this though: I typed in EXACTLY the title as shown and Amazon could not find it. If you search for anything relating to the 66 soundtrack, the listing does not appear. So, my question is.....How did you find this? Glad you did though.

John
Sorry John. I have to admit...It's been a few days, and I don't remember how I stumbled upon it!
If you do a search for "batman" on Amazon, but specify "cd's and vinyl" from the dropdown, it's like the fourth or fifth entry that spits back. it's just easy to miss because there's no cover art shown.

Funny though, it does pop up easily on other retails sites...here's Barnes and Noble, for example.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/batman- ... soundtrack

I've seen some strange write-ups...like this one:
http://www.elusivedisc.com/Batman-Exclu ... NILP79868/

It's obviously the same content as the original album, but look at the tracklisting...the little snippets of character dialogue are listed as "individual tracks". Kooky. I'm curious to see if the track listing is really like that when the CD and Vinyl street.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

That is so weird! Well, glad they went with the original photos! Hope the back has Dozier's story and photo. Thanks for all you've done here!

John
Music. BAT! Music.
dBatman1701

Post by dBatman1701 »

I too am a huge fan of the 66 series music. In fact, I'm a fan of most of (not all) of the music associated with Batman. I attempted to start a thread about this video last week. Apparently editing the title of it to more accurately reflect the content violated the rules of this forum. Don't ask me how, I've no idea. But as the video in question related to your subject, here it is. Love their take on the original theme and their mini Batcave recreation. ;)

[BBvideo 425,350]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFfjUMinFPk[/BBvideo]
Mr. Deathtrap

Post by Mr. Deathtrap »

Citizens,

This compilation by The Piano Guys is cool and promotes their album featuring BATMAN EVOLUTION.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFfjUMinFPk

Mr. Deahttrap
Tune in for their exciting conclusion. Same Bat-Time! Same Bat - Channel!
batbelfry

Post by batbelfry »

I see Amazon has finally updated the entry to include the cover art, which matches the original album.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Picked up my copy today! For those who paid high prices for the 1989 reissue by Polrgram, sorry to report this....this is exactly the same including the 1966 Batman logo on the disc itself!

Now, lets have a release of all the music! Come on, you can do it!

John
Music. BAT! Music.
batbelfry

Post by batbelfry »

Batguitarist wrote:Picked up my copy today! For those who paid high prices for the 1989 reissue by Polrgram, sorry to report this....this is exactly the same including the 1966 Batman logo on the disc itself!

Now, lets have a release of all the music! Come on, you can do it!

John
John, would you say that the music sounds "remastered" in any way, or is this really just a straight reissue of the exact same master? Is this an improvement in any way, or just nice because now it's available to everyone at a reasonable price?
NJ_Batfan

Post by NJ_Batfan »

I received my vinyl copy a few days ago. Happy to say that the front and back covers are the same as the orignal release - complete with DFozier liner notes, credits, and photos from the series.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

To me, I hear NO difference in this release than the one put out in 1989. I can tell you that the stereo separation on the theme song is the same. You can't get rid of the horrid singers completely. There is the same amount of bleed over in the left channel.

John
Music. BAT! Music.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

So is this the clearest you've heard the music? The DVDs are amazing!

I thought the misplaced trumpet blasts in the pilot episode's opening credits were going to match when the DVDs came out. Must been wrong from day one.

John
Music. BAT! Music.
Lee Kirkham

Post by Lee Kirkham »

You are correct John, trumpets were off from the get-go. It seems that several things about the series sort of came to be after some examination from the producers. Missing too, it the spinner music at the beginning. It feels really weird when that isn't there.
I find you to be odious, abhorrent and insegrevious.
Hedji

Post by Hedji »

God, I love the spinner music. It's a shame that hasn't been commercially released on any disc. To me, it's inseparable from them main theme.
brightknight

Post by brightknight »

That's something which would really make us 66 fans happy. If La La Land were able to release the music from the show, episode to episode, in a series of CD releases. Anything is possible now.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

And it would have to be La La from Ford Thaxton, not Film Score Monthly who did the original movie release. Lukas, the guy who did the original release was very rude to me in a post about doing the TV series music, saying that it was BORING and too repetitive! Like you'd need to record the same cues over and over as THEY APPEARED or something???? BTW, I'm Batmusicfan over on that board at screen archieves.

John
Music. BAT! Music.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Batguitarist wrote:And it would have to be La La from Ford Thaxton, not Film Score Monthly who did the original movie release.
La La Land Records would be the way to go; their Star Trek: The Original Series Soundtrack Collection was one of the greatest, thorough soundtrack released i've ever experienced in decades of collecting. Cues, outtakes--even the orchestra contributing to some familiar sound effects were all included. That's not to mention the great booklet notes. If La La Land handled the Batman soundtrack, you can bet it would be the next "must-have" release after the series.

Someone should shoot them a question about that--or if they are aware of any other companies who might be involved in the project already.
Lukas, the guy who did the original release was very rude to me in a post about doing the TV series music, saying that it was BORING and too repetitive! Like you'd need to record the same cues over and over as THEY APPEARED or something???? BTW, I'm Batmusicfan over on that board at screen archieves.

John
Repetitive? Did he mean the cues were written that way--or was he confusing re-tracked music with repetition?
Beneath Wayne Manor