Positive thoughts on 3rd Season

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

dell

Re: Positive thoughts on 3rd Season

Post by dell »

I loved the Mummy's Uncle episode too. I think it would have been a great episode in any season.
dell
philigan

Post by philigan »

When I was a kid in the 70's and Batman would come on I didn't know the episodes like I do now. Sometimes I would wait for the animation just to see if Batgirl made her kick. If she didn't then sometimes I wouldn't watch the episode. Loved Batgirl, and like someone else mentioned prior I never thought about the sets.

I actually liked Lola and Pengy. I watch now and I see Ethel not being able to keep a straight face when Burgess is ad-libing. Glu Glutens Glue Factory!!!
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Yes, I must admit that I never cared about any changes in the third season as a child. Heck, I didn't even know it WAS a third season. This is a good lesson for all of us. Sometimes when you study something too deeply you get bogged down in semantics. By the time I started learning all about the series and hearing the "budget cuts forced the sets to be less than they were" and all that, it didn't matter to me.

Quite frankly, it wasn't until the inception of the internet and our beloved board did I find out anyone who liked the 1966 series could HATE any episode or season. I like all episodes for one reason or another and lets face it, any chance to see Adam and Burt as the Dynamic Duo is worth it to me. In closing, let me say to all to remember their childhood here. As soon as they went down the Batpoles and into the Batmobile, you knew you were in a good place!

John
Music. BAT! Music.
4theboids

Post by 4theboids »

Definitely enjoyed "The Penguin's Clean Sweep" a ton, and "The Joker's Flying Saucer" for pure slapstick fun. Favorite two-parter hands down was "The Funny Feline Felonies/The Joke's On Catwoman".
QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK!!
Bat-Ffogg

Post by Bat-Ffogg »

The episodes with Lord Ffogg were my favorite from the third season.
"On land you may command, at sea it is me! Wah wah wah!"