Who played Julie's stunt double?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Johnny Hamm

Who played Julie's stunt double?

Post by Johnny Hamm »

Hello Barfriends, I came across this photo today but haven't had any success finding who the double was. Anyone have any idea? Just curious as I'd never seen this before. Thanks, JL
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (31.09 KiB) Viewed 9630 times
High C

Re: Who played Julie's stunt double?

Post by High C »

According to paperwork from Hot Off The Griddle/The Cat And The Fiddle, Julie's double was Marilyn Watson. I would assume that is Watson in that photo.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

Full picture. Her name comes up on searches in a few spots.

“What's important is that the world know that all visitors to these teeming shores are safe, be they peasant or king.”
Johnny Hamm

Post by Johnny Hamm »

Thanks a lot...I kept throwing snake eyes with my research so glad someone was able to assist. Much appreciated. JL ;)
dell

Post by dell »

They look very similar. Too bad Marilyn Watson isn't wearing a catsuit so we could really see how similar they look.
dell
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

dell wrote:They look very similar. Too bad Marilyn Watson isn't wearing a catsuit so we could really see how similar they look.
She resembles a young Diane Keaton to me. I'm guessing she played Catwoman in the Dr. Cassandra episode. Which would make her the 4th Catwoman. :)

Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
chrisbcritter

Post by chrisbcritter »

Anyone have a contact for Ms. Watson who could ask her about that? She's certainly almost as statuesque - er, tall - as Julie.
"To the medical eye, such childish claptrap means only one thing, young man: You need some sleep."
High C

Post by High C »

dell wrote:They look very similar. Too bad Marilyn Watson isn't wearing a catsuit so we could really see how similar they look.
Here you go, dell:

http://www.iainclaridge.co.uk/blog/15691

This misguided blogger thinks it's Newmar, but clearly it is Watson.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

Wow. Absolutely gorgeous. Every bit a perfect Catwoman.

*swoon*
“What's important is that the world know that all visitors to these teeming shores are safe, be they peasant or king.”
Johnny Hamm

Post by Johnny Hamm »

TP-6597 wrote:Full picture. Her name comes up on searches in a few spots.

Thanks again for all the replies! ;) One more question, When searching for Marilyn Watson where did you look? I've done several searches tonight and once again not coming up with anything. Thanks
TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

I just grabbed the first pic that came up. Can't remember the exact criteria I used. Probably both their names plus double, stunt, etc. The picture I found is from an article in Huffington Post about actors and actresses with their stunt doubles.

I grabbed it initially because I thought it was just the full version of your cropped picture. Afterwards, I looked at them both more closely - and the picture as well ;-)

it's not the same picture. They're two from a series. Haven't found the rest. I'll poke around some more eventually. Might take a bit of detective work to find out who the photographer was.
Johnny Hamm

Post by Johnny Hamm »

Thanks TP-6597...I appreciate the info. I've typed in actress, stunt double, etc. with no luck so I'm glad you were able to shed a bit of light on the mystery. ;)
TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

One more and maybe a lead.

Richard Hewett did a series of photos for Look Magazine back in the 60s, all behind-the-scenes pics. I did some searching and a ton of Batman pictures come up. It's possible he was the photographer of the Marilyn picture, but I can't say for sure. I'll continue the detective work.

Found this variant;

Gorgeous.
TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

https://www.flickr.com/photos/julie_newmars/

Link to a Flichr page, possibly hers. Much better and higher-res versions of the above picture and a few more.
Johnny Hamm

Post by Johnny Hamm »

TP-6597 wrote:https://www.flickr.com/photos/julie_newmars/

Link to a Flichr page, possibly hers. Much better and higher-res versions of the above picture and a few more.
Nice find...you're making Batman proud with this stellar detective work. Thanks again for the assistance. ;)