Saw something on the show the other day that I haven't seen

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

greatlakes6

Saw something on the show the other day that I haven't seen

Post by greatlakes6 »

I was watching the episode "The Thirteenth Hat" with my daughter on Saturday and noticed something I have never seen before in the scene where Batman was about to throw the Batarang up to climb the side of the building. His cape moves far back on his left hip and you can clearly see that he has a pouch that is the shape of the batarang. He normally doesn't have this pouch on his belt. This may be something that you guys have known for a long time, but I just saw it for the first time. It only took me 48 years!
COPPRODUCTIONS

Re: Saw somethin on the show the other ay ha haveno seen be

Post by COPPRODUCTIONS »

In the pilot you see the pouch (I call it a holster because it is similar in shape and purpose) in a couple of scenes; in fact, you actually see Batman CAREFULLY fold the batarang and replace it in his belt while four stories up on a ledge, LOL. Showing (and shooting) all this became meddlesome, and I do not believe this made it to the second season. Attached pic is of the holster in place on the 1/4 scale NECA figure. I am currently working on a smaller version to fit the upcoming Moebius kit. ;)
Tom
Attachments
review_neca66batman_6.jpg
Progress Pigment

Re: Saw something on the show the other day that I haven't s

Post by Progress Pigment »

I can't recall if the batarang was used at all in the second season. Although I guess it's implied that's it was a part of all the bat climbs or if they got someplace high. Maybe Batman used it to save Robin from Tut's crocodiles. I can't recall. And I believe Batman used it in the courtroom against Catwoman's crooked jurors in season 3. Unless that was the time he used "the bat magnet". Yikes, my bat-memories are blurring together. :)
Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
Thefanboy59

Re: Saw something on the show the other day that I haven't s

Post by Thefanboy59 »

I'm hoping that one of our board members makes a full size one for sale some day.