ThrowBAT Thursday

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Ben Bentley

Re: ThrowBAT Thursday

Post by Ben Bentley »

Really enjoying those "ThrowBats" fellas!
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

A bit late for Thursday but I stumbled across this one just now.
IMG_3132.JPG
This was from 2008. Points go out to anyone who can tell me what's actually going on in this picture and the Bat-relevance for this thread. (Ben, you may need to hold off and let some others chime in. ;) )
Gleeps, it's Batman

Post by Gleeps, it's Batman »

I'll take a stab at it. That's Lorenzo Semple Jr, and you're giving him directions to Wally's house for movie night? :) You're writing down the lyrics to the Batman theme because he forgot them? :lol:
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Scott Sebring wrote: This was from 2008. Points go out to anyone who can tell me what's actually going on in this picture and the Bat-relevance for this thread. (Ben, you may need to hold off and let some others chime in. ;) )
Sheeeeeesh. Fiiiiiiiine... :P
Lee Kirkham

Post by Lee Kirkham »

That's Lorenzo signing up for his Scott Sebring Fan Club Membership card and decoder ring.
I find you to be odious, abhorrent and insegrevious.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

GLEEPS! It's that time of the week again!

My ThrowBat Thursday for this week is from July 2009 from a day that we later dubbed "Bat-Day" due to the range of Bat-activities Scott kindly arranged for me across Los Angeles. Our morning started with jumping in Ruben Procopio's Hummer and heading up to Bronson Cave, otherwise known as "The Batcave". Neither Ruben nor I had visited "The Cave" before so Scott played tour guide and snapped some awesome photos of me in costume.
img_1013.jpg
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

Watch out, Ben! Robin has taken off in the Batmobile! :)
Attachments
file copy2.jpg
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Batfanman wrote:Watch out, Ben! Robin has taken off in the Batmobile! :)
Haha! That's funny!

For this week's ThrowBat Thursday little introduction is needed, I think my expression says it all. The one thing I will say though is a HUMUNGOUS thank you to my pal Mark Hardeman for making a young boy's dream come true.
Ben-Hardeman Cowl.jpg
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

TBatT: A recent encounter w/ the Batmobile!
Attachments
BFM Batmobile.jpg
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

Scott Sebring wrote:A bit late for Thursday but I stumbled across this one just now.
IMG_3132.JPG
This was from 2008. Points go out to anyone who can tell me what's actually going on in this picture and the Bat-relevance for this thread. (Ben, you may need to hold off and let some others chime in. ;) )
Scott, are you exchanging personal info. w/ Lorenzo Semple, Jr. so you can further discuss Batman '66 history?
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
jjkandlak

Post by jjkandlak »

I'm posting a couple ads from events I attended about 20 years ago in Orlando. Florida Xtravaganza with Adam, Yvonne, etc. is first one
Attachments
scan0030a.jpg
scan0030a.jpg (125.14 KiB) Viewed 9078 times
jjkandlak

Post by jjkandlak »

2nd event is from orlando 1995 Frank Gorshin
Attachments
31b.jpg
31b.jpg (122.84 KiB) Viewed 9078 times
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Those are a both great little pieces of fandom history JJkandlak! It's craxy to think how big "convention culture" has become in the last 20 years.
jjkandlak

Post by jjkandlak »

Ben Bentley wrote:Those are a both great little pieces of fandom history JJkandlak! It's craxy to think how big "convention culture" has become in the last 20 years.
Hey Ben-My recollection of that event was they had a lot more people show up than they had planned for. January 1994-Adam was selling photos on his table for $20, for every photo you purchased he would also sign an addiitonal item of yours. Fred(agent) was working the table with Adam and they only had one type of photo left, which I purchased. A photo of Adam getting his weekly paycheck. I had just moved to Orlando and had found out about event that morning. Van Williams was sitting next to Adam and I mentioned the A & E bio premiere of Bruce Lee from the night before and mentioned the press ocnference with Adam and Van. Adam was listening and chymed in which hotel that they had held the press ocnference at and both Van and Adam were very personable. I have a few 35mm photos form that show I will get around to posting on "ThrowBat Thursdays".

Also have a photo or two from the Frank Gorshin event, he was a great guest also.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!
Jim
Attachments
scan0038a.jpg
scan0038a.jpg (142.51 KiB) Viewed 9013 times
chrisbcritter

Post by chrisbcritter »

That's the Mother Gotham's Bakery set from "Death in Slow Motion".
"To the medical eye, such childish claptrap means only one thing, young man: You need some sleep."