ThrowBAT Thursday

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Ben Bentley

ThrowBAT Thursday

Post by Ben Bentley »

As a lot of you are aware "Throwback Thursday" is a popular weekly trend across a number of social media sites. For those not familiar, the basic idea is to share a memory usually by way of a photo/video.

I thought we could have some fun on a weekly basis by having a "ThrowBAT Thursday" thread in which we can post our own Bat-related "TBT" every week. The only rule being that it has to be YOUR photo/video or you yourself must be IN the photo/video. These could be photos of you at a convention (or that you took at a convention), you in costume, meeting a star of the show, your collection of Bat-Stuff, that time you sat in Batmobile and so on...I'm sure you'll all be able to think of lots more fun trips down memory lane that you could share. Be sure to leave a short description of what's going on in your post.

I'll start!

My ThrowBAT Thursday for this week is from the October 2009. I had just returned to the UK after having the most amazing few months in California. This photo was prior to attending my first UK convention in the new version of my "66 Batman suit which now featured a different cowl I had bought from a board member whilst in the US and also some new fabric parts courtesy of the generous Scott and Vickie Sebring.
Batphone.JPG
Chuck Williams

Re: ThrowBAT Thursday

Post by Chuck Williams »

Fantastic Ben!!!

Great idea to bring to the board.

Time flies so fast and it seems like yesterday that we were all introduced you a 15 year old (IIRC)from the UK with a great love for the show with composure and intelligence well beyond your years.

You look great and as always a pleasure to know you!!
I agree , Scott and Vickie are two of the most generous folks on the planet!

Chuck...
Quick, Everyone, Flee for your lives, into the street!!!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/WilliamsStudio ... eller_info
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

Fun idea! I can't throw-bat too far in terms of costume pix but here's one from a year ago that was a great way to start things off!
Attachments
Dynamic Trio 2013.jpg
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

You're too kind Chuck!

Cool contribution Batfanman! The photos don't have to be in costume btw!
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

P7220004.JPG
SDCC 2001. A pivotal moment when I first saw the Batmobile in person and started walking on this slippery slope ever since.
rajung

Post by rajung »

I have never put on any of my 3 costumes that I have put together with the help of the 3 top cowl makers on this site, but last weekend my nephew begged so I caved.
Drove to Galena Illinois for the Halloween parade.
Short clip of me and my nephew as Robin.
Still feel the aches today.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6000B23rMU
Gleeps, it's Batman

Post by Gleeps, it's Batman »

This is a great idea, Ben!

Great pics from all of you!

That was a great idea for a video, rajung, and btw Happy Birthday! (Just noticed it on the bottom of the main page.)
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

October 31st, 1972 - 42 years ago today and I was excited and ready to take on the Rogue's Gallery that night! :D Unfortunately, Joker didn't show! :lol:
Attachments
0377.jpg
0377.jpg (14.29 KiB) Viewed 12654 times
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
mwilbury

Post by mwilbury »

In the early 90s, I won a trivia contest/drawing to meet Yvonne at one of the local radio stations in Atlanta (Star 94). I think I signed up at my local comic shop.

This would have been in the fall or winter of ’92/93 or ’93/94. If I had my old yearbooks on hand, I'm sure I could figure it out based on my appearance, but maybe someone will remember as Yvonne's wrist was in a brace.
Attachments
1992-Yvonne_Craig-Matt.jpg
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

DSC_0145.JPG
This was backstage at the Florence Henderson Show taping in 2008 with Mark Hardeman. She was interviewing Wally. Mark brought his original Batman and Robin costumes as part of the feature though he remained off camera. We rented some mannequins and I was in charge of dressing and displaying them. That was a really fun day!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Great submissions so far this week fellas!

My ThrowBat Thursday for this week is from the April of 2010. It's a rather complex scenario to give any real context to but regardless; thanks to Scott and our chum "Buster", here's a shot taken by either Scott or Vickie of Chazbat, Troy and myself cruising the Warner Brother's backlot in Burbank, California. This was just one highly memorable moment from a weekend with some of my favorite people in the world.
59583_430386486810_7802067_n.jpg
Hedji

Post by Hedji »

Here's a chronological history of my Batman costumes over the years.

Lee Kirkham

Post by Lee Kirkham »

Yeah, I know it isn't Thursday, but I've missed a few, so here's my entry. I think I was about 7, so circa 1971?

I find you to be odious, abhorrent and insegrevious.
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

Is that a home-made mask or did Ben Cooper change masks over time?
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
batfatty

Post by batfatty »

A friend of mine sent me this this evening:

That's me getting my Robin picture signed at Joyland amusement park in Wichita, Kansas circa 1972. Robin's talking to ME! I went ape when it was in the paper the next day.

In my twenties, I lost the clipping and the print of the picture that my father got from the paper , so it's fun to see again. A BRUSH WITH BAT GREATNESS!

Sorry, I couldn't wait 'till Thursday.