Letters to Batman

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Bill S.C.

Letters to Batman

Post by Bill S.C. »

Greetings Bat-folks,

Quite awhile ago I made daily postings from Bill Adler's book, "Letters To Batman." Since time has passed I thought I'd re-post them because many new members may not have seen them and I thought it might be a good way to start posting on this amazing and cool looking new board. I hope you enjoy them.

Dear Batman,

I hate crime just like you and fight it whenever I can. In my school I'm the monitor and if I see somebody jaywalk on the street I holler at them, "Go back! Go back!" Maybe you can tell me other ways I can continue my fight against crime.

Your pal,
Roger V.

Dear Batman,

My daddy wants to watch the Virginian but I don't let him when you are on.
Everytime he says we are not going to watch Batman I cry just a little bit and we watch Batman.
If any Batman fans have trouble with their fathers tell them to try crying. It always works.

Love,
Susan P.
Boston, Mass.

Hey Batman ---

Why do you need Robin? Take me instead! You'll like me. Enclosed is my picture. If you want, I can be there a week from Tuesday. If not please send back the picture. I want to send it to Superman.

Love,
Mike G.
Dubuque, Iowa

Dear Batman,

Since you came on television I've been a big fan of yours. Could you please answer one question though? How do you and Robin get on your uniforms so fast after sliding down the batpoles? On the way down you're both in regular clothes and a second later you're fully costumed. This is some trick. Can you tell me how you do it? It takes me an hour just getting my pajamas on.

Martin S.
Lexington, Kentucky

Wilmington, Delaware

Dear Batman,

Please send me your autograph or the Jokers autograph. Whichever is worth more money.

Your loyal fan,
Ricky W.
Denver, Colorado

Dear Batman,

Your last Batman story is the greatest, but I saw a mistake in the story. The name of the story was Batman Stands Pat. This was the mistake. How did Batman hold his breath so long?
I tried once and I could only hold my breath for 3 seconds, but I guess that is because I'm not Batman.

Your fan,
Richard W.
NYC

Dear Batman,

Your television program is keen. The greatest thing is the theme song. Could you please tell me which opera your theme is from.

Yours truly,
Barbara L.
Long Beach, Calif.

Hello Batman,

That sure is a terrific belt you wear with all those secret pockets.
I have one question about your Bat belt. I know it can do practically anything, but does it hold your pants up?

Your fan,
David W.
Albany, N.Y.

Dear Batman,

I like your TV program very much except for one thing. It is not bloody enough.
Please fix it up or you will lose all your fans to Perry Mason.

Sincerely,
Mike W.
Waltham, Mass.

Dear Batman,

Please send me all the necessary instructions for building a Batmobile in my spare time.

Your friend.
Jeff L.
New York City

P.S.
Please also send me all the parts and gas.

Dear Batman,

Be a real pal and send me a Robin uniform. My size is as following:
Shirt - size 16
shoes - size 10 1/2
pants - size 16
I am willing to pay up to $4.00 in stamps for everything.

Your fan,
Jack P.
Clifton, N.J.

Dear Batman,

I read that you have a photographic memory and I would like to know what kind of film you use.

Love,
Dora D.
Atlanta, Ga.
"Oh soon we'll be out amid the cold world's strife. Soon we'll be sliding down the razor blade of life." - Tom Lehrer
Dr Thomas Wayne66

Re: Letters to Batman

Post by Dr Thomas Wayne66 »

Pretty cool. Never seen those.

Danny~
Marsha: "You mean you're not in love with me?"
Batman: "I'm not even mildly interested."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Batfan 66

Post by Batfan 66 »

This looks like fun
Are there any more?
:lol:
Has the whole world gone batty!?!?
Bill S.C.

Post by Bill S.C. »

Batfan 66 wrote:This looks like fun
Are there any more?
:lol:
Yes, quite a few more. Here's the next group.

Dear Batman,

I love you, love you, love you. You're so big and strong and handsome. I never saw such a beautiful looking he-man. Honestly, when you flex those muscles I could die. So can you blame me for falling in love with you? And, Batman it's really love. It's not just a physical attraction I feel.

Marcia L.
Bayside, Long Island

Dear Batman,

Of all your opponents I like the Riddler best. He's very clever and he gives you a chance to be even cleverer when you figure out his nutty riddles. Besides, he's also very funny, and you can use a good laugh now and then in you somber business of crime-fighting.

Barry L.
Utica, New York

Dear Batman,

Could I please have the number of your Bat Phone? I promise I won't call you---only if it's very important. I'm enclosing my number. You can call me anytime. Even if it's not important.

Love,
Lois D.
Cleveland, Ohio

Dear Batman,

My name is Gladys Pearl. I enjoyed "The Strange Death of Batman" very much. And I now would like to give you an idea for your next Batman comic. Have all the super heros go against Batman and Robin and have a surprise ending like this: Have all the badmen capture the Justice League and then dress up the Justice League to overcome Batman and Robin, Batman and Robin don't know what's going on with their friends because they're all turning against the law and Batman and Robin. So they finally started shooting at Superman and some of the others but when they shot they died. And then they found out what was going on and captured the others and made them tell where the real Justice League was. And they got the real Justice League back and everything turned out all right. I think a good name for this story is Batman overcomes the false Justice League. You can have this story for nothing.

Your fan,
Gladys Pearl
Madison, Wisc.

Dear Batman,

In some of your recent issues of Detective Comics your letter department has published letters that say that Batman is beginning to get fat and awkward. This idea is outrageous. Never have I heard such an untrue statement. Batman is still and will continue to be a perfect physical specimen and is in no way flabby or awkward.
I don't think that you should publish letters that say Batman is flabby. It is an insult to all his loyal fans.

Rita B.
Buffalo, New York

Dear Batman,

I need the Bat Code. I wrote you a letter in Bat Code but I can't figure out what I wrote.

Love
Dick W.
Goshen, Ind.

Dear Batman,

I think Robin is a living doll. Tell me--what is he really like? What does he want to be when he grows up? What does he always look for in a girl? What is it like on a date with him? I would write Robin myself but I don't want him to think that I'm nosey.

Claire T.
Salt Lake City, Utah

Dear Batman,

Poow! Bahm! Zoow! Those words are music to my ears. They are the most beautiful words in the English language except for cool, swinger and hipster.

Forever,
Denise W.
NYC

Dear Batman,

I have 30 Batman pictures in my room and my mother says either the posters go or I go. I haven't decided yet.

Love and kisses,
Beatrice W.
Indianaoplis, Indiana

Dear Batman,

I got a riddle for you. What will the two cowboys do when they see they're surrounded by 14,000 screaming Apaches on the warpath? Give up?

Your friend,
Larry B.
Phoenix, Arizona

P.S. If you're waiting for the answer, I gave it to you already. GIVE UP! - Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.

Dear Batman and Robin,

I have seen your show many times and I think it is very exciting. But I have suggestions to make about some criminals for your show.
How about having the Mailstealer, the Check-Robber, the Pen-Vanisher, Bullman, the Duck, the Ring-Napper, the Candy man, the Ink-Napper, the Blotter, Shoe-Napper, Bird Stealer, Picture-Napper and Brick-Napper.
I will write tomorrow with some more ideas for exciting criminals you can capture.

Your fan,
Hans W.
Chicago

Dear Batman,
I liked your story "Death Knocks Three Times" but isn't once enough?

Sincerely,
Charles W.
Brooklyn, N.Y.

I can post the rest of them a group at a time or all at once. Does anyone have any particular preference?
"Oh soon we'll be out amid the cold world's strife. Soon we'll be sliding down the razor blade of life." - Tom Lehrer
Bill S.C.

Post by Bill S.C. »

Here are today's letters:

Dear Batman,

If you think the cops in Gotham City are creeps you ought to spend a week in this town.
The last big time crook the police caught here was a guy with an overdue parking ticket.

Help!
Maxwell L.
Muncie, Indiana

Dear Batman,

Why did you have to capture the Joker and put him behind bars?
It was a breath of real fresh air to have at least one criminal around with a sense of humor.
Most crooks are no fun at all!

Respectfully,
Sgt. Lewis Brooks
San Francisco Police Dept.

Dear Batman,

We have just formed a Batman Fan Club.
So far, we only have two members, but we expect plenty of new members soon because a lot of kids are getting sick and tired of the Lone Ranger Fan Club and when the join our fan club they will bring their Lone Ranger mask with them.

A loyal fan,
Jeffrey J.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Dear Robin,

Why don't you leave that square Batman and join up with Superman. There's a real man.
Think it over Robin. Batman may be a nice guy, but did you ever see Batman fly through the sky?

Your friend,
Jack W.
Milwaukee, Wis.

Dear Batman,

No offense to Superman, Flash or others but I think that Batman is the best of all because a normal person such as me could train hard enough to be like you, Batman. Superman comes from a different planet which makes his body different. Please don't tell Superman that I wrote this letter.

Yeh Batman!
Jon B.
Rockville, Maryland

Dear Batman,

Have you ever considered finding a Bat Girl and teaming up? Well, I'd like to apply for the job. I'm enclosing a snapshot of me taken eight months ago. Don't mind the braces and the glasses as I don't have to wear them now. Also, to look at me you may not think I make a nice appearance but that shouldn't bother you either. As Bat Girl I'd be wearing a mask, wouldn't I?

Sheila F.
Peoria, Illinois

Dear Batman,

I want to be just like Robin. I imitate him all the time. I say "Holy Succotash" and "Golly Gee" and lots of things like that. They call me Boy Wonder of my school. Do you think I should change my name to Dick Grayson? If you do, maybe I can get my father to change his name to Bruce Wayne.

Your pal,
Frank C.
New Canaan, Conn.

Dear Batman,

I'll bet you have the best punch in the world. I can tell because I have the best punch in my class and I'm a girl.

Your admirer,
Maggie G.
Gainesville, Georgia

Dear Batman,

This is not a fan letter from some kid. I happen to be a mature sensible adult who is nuts about you and the Beatles.

Sincerely,
Duane J.
Chicago, Illinois

Dear Batman,

Could you please get me the autographs of the Joker, the Penguin or Mr. Freeze.
I have the autographs of Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays, and lots of baseball players, but no autographs of crooks.

Your fan,
Neal P.
Denver, Colorado

Dear Batman,

I don't know how you're able to walk along the streets of Gotham City without people bothering you. I mean, I can't understand why people don't flip when they see you. I know I would if you ever came walking down my street in Brooklyn.

Rodger W.
Brooklyn, New York

Darling Batman,

Since you came on television I'm in love with you, I don't think I'll ever love anybody else again. If I could just meet you in person, it would last me a whole lifetime. And I'd never ask for anything else, I promise. Just tell me where and when and I'll be there. I know you're busy, Batman, so if you can't make it, could you please send Robin?

Jane M.
Roslyn, Long Island
Batfan 66

Post by Batfan 66 »

Thanks, these are great!
Lewis Tully

Post by Lewis Tully »

This is absolutely amazing! I love them! Did you say there is a book somewhere???
Bill S.C.

Post by Bill S.C. »

Yes. The book is Bill Adler's Funniest Fan Letters to Batman printed in 1966.

Dear Batman,

How come you don't smoke, drink, or go out with women?
You are sure setting a rotten example for Robin.

Sincerely,
Ralph W.
Anderson, Indiana

Dear Batman,

I must admit that it is very dramatic the way you and Robin slide down the pole to get to your Batmobile in the basement.
Maybe, it's none of my business, but don't you think that for another couple of dollars you could afford to put in an elevator.

Sincerely,
Gloria G.
Baltimore, Md.

Dear Batman,

You are so tall and handsome and brave and I would give anything to have a date with you just once.
Frankly, the last time I ever went out with anyone who wore a mask was on Halloween six years ago.

Sincerely,
Marsha W.
Newark, N.J.

Dear Batman,

This may sound like a stupid question, but when you put on your mask which practically covers your whole face, how are you able to blow your nose?

A curious fan,
Michael J.
Brooklyn, N.Y.

Dear Batman,

I would like to have the private number of your Batphone so I can call you if I have any trouble.
I have three big brothers and I always have lots of troubles.

Your friend,
Alex M. -- Age 8
Houston, Texas

Dear Sir,

Batman is the silliest, stupidest show on television and I love every minute of it.

Yours truly,
Ricky W.
Chicago, Ill.

Dear Batman,

Excuse me for saying so but I have seen you on television and I think you are getting a slight pot belly.
You better watch out or you may lose all your fans.
People with pot bellys aren't very popular.

Sincerely,
Jeffrey H.
Reading, Pa.

Dear Batman,

If you get into any real trouble why don't you call James Bond.
I don't have his phone number, but you could look it up in the yellow pages under detectives.

Yours truly,
Alfred W.
Boston, Mass.

Dear Batman, baby,

I've seen you with your mask on and I've seen you with your mask off and if I were you sweetheart---I'd keep that mask off.

Love and kisses,
A Fan
N.Y.C.

Dear Batman,

How do you keep your Aunt Harriet from finding out
you're really Bruce Wayne? I have an Aunt who lives with us too, and I can't fool her. She knows everything that's going on. I can't do anything without her knowing about it. Please tell me your secret, as I did something last night I don't want Auntie to find out about.

A fan,
Susan
Racine, Wisconsin

Dear Batman,

I think your Batmobile is super. Where can I get one? Hertz or Avis?

Sincerely,
Jack M.
Cleveland, Ohio

Dear Batman,

If I were you I wouldn't trust your butler, Alfred. Wise up Batman. Any fool knows that in 7 out of 10 crimes the butler did it.

Sincerely,

Jerry W.
Chicago, Ill.
Bill S.C.

Post by Bill S.C. »

Here are today's letters. Enjoy

Dear Batman,

I am a loyal television fan and I would like to know if you have ever been to Peyton Place?

Love,
Amy G.
Los Angeles, Calif.

Dear Batman,

If you want my opinion you should send Robin to school.
A boy of his age has no business running around after crooks. Let him learn how to read and write. Nobody likes a dopey kid--even if he is a boy wonder.

Sincerely,
Manuel P.
Jackson, Miss.

Dear Batman,

I have seen your show on television six times and what I would like to know is it a comedy or a drama?

Yours truly,
Jack F.
Atlanta, Ga.

Dear Batman,

Don't you think you should give the Joker a second chance?
Everybody gets a second chance except kids.

A friend,
Nashville, Tenn.

Dear Batman,

I like to watch the Batman Show. The best one I think is Batman Vs. F.F. (False Face). But why do you have girls in 'em? I like it when Blaze (the girl helper of F.F) hugs Robin and out comes the knockout gas. Well, I'm a great fan of Batman and Robin.

Richard L.
New Orleans, Louisiana

Dear Batman,

BATMAN is my favorite comic-book hero. I like him because he has no super powers. Because he has no super powers he has a utility belt which I think is a WONDERFUL! idea as everything else in BATMAN & DETECTIVE. Also WORLD'S FINEST. Lots of times I think there could be some pockets that could be filled with some useful things such as:
1. A small helium balloon that could be compressed so it could fit into one of his pockets in his utility belt. It could be opened at the yank of a cord.
2. He could have a special light in or on his buckle that could blind people temporarily. He could use it to blind his victims while he's fighting with them.
He and ROBIN could both have a BAT-ring that they could communicate with if they can't reach their utility belts.
I just thought you'd like to know my suggestions.

James W.
Orlando, Florida.

Dear Batman,

Batman on television is a smash! (Which anyone would expect). But having a model and a book is Wowee! Batman 179 March was terrific! Clay Pigeon for a killer had me hanging over a cliff. On page 1 of that story the armed truck was turned over I don't know how Iago and his two playmates did it but it wasn't easy. But he got his when Batman messed up his gang. The other story the Riddlerless Robberies of the Riddler was terrific too. When the Riddler took those century old coins without giving Batman any riddles that I could not believe my eyes. (Repeat) But he was very wacky the second time to think that he didn't give away any riddles. That whole book was great!

Harry L.
Canton, Ohio

Dear Batman,

Why don't you make a story with some of the TV crooks in it. Like the Riddler. I have a good plot. The Riddler kidnaps an atomic scientist and forces him to make an A-bomb to blow up Gotham City unless he receives ten million dollars within twenty-four hours.

Yours truly,
Peter T.
St. Petersburgh, Florida

Dear Batman and Boy Wonder,

My brother and I are thrilled to see your shows. Each Wednesday after the show is half finished, I just cannot wait till the next day to see what happens. My brother always thinks he knows that you and Boy Wonder will always get out of trouble because good people always win. We have been dreaming that we can get pictures of you. Hope our dream comes true.

Your fans,
Diane A. &
Larry A.
Sacramento, Calif.

Dear Batman,

I would give anything to have you call me on your Batphone.
I live all alone and I am widow.
Nobody ever calls me except the wrong number.

Sincerely,
Mrs. Wilma M. Greenville, S.C.

Dear Batman,

How did you get the name Batman?
Were you baptized with the name Batman? I would like to change my name to Batman but my mother isn't too keen about the idea. She likes my name.
My name is Herman.

Your fan,
Herman Z.
Anderson, Indiana

Dear Batman,

Here are the names of the big crooks in the Bronx. Get them!

1) Jerry Feldman
2) Mike Harris
3) Stanley Wolf
4) David Paris
5) Paul Hyman
They are all in my class.

Your friend,
Howard W.
Bronx, N.Y.
Bill S.C.

Post by Bill S.C. »

Here are today's letters:

Dear Batman,

I am a real tried and true Batman fan.
As a real friend and true Batman fan I would give anything to have a lock of your hair for my scrapbook.
Also, I would like a lock of Robin's hair and Alfred, you butler.
Please tell me which lock of hair goes with which person because it is hard to tell when the hair isn't on the persons head.

Your fan,
Max J.
Dallas, Tx

Dear Batman,

Do you know Superman?
He is a big hero like you except he can fly.

Love,
Susan P.
Madison, Wisconsin

Dear Batman,

You have everything. Money, good looks, a big house with a butler---so please let me have Robin.
I'm nuts about him.

Love,
Sharon C.
Brooklyn, N.Y.

Dear Batman,

I have a terrific idea.
Why don't you use my dog Spot as a watch dog?
Spot is a very smart dog and he hates crooks and cats.

Yours very truly,
Noel J.
Indianapolis, Ind.

Dear Batman,

Do you think that you could arrange for a date between Robin the boy wonder and Gladys, the girl marvel?
I happen to be Gladys, the girl marvel.

Love,
Gladys G.
Cleveland, Ohio

Hello Mr. Batman,

When I watch your program on television and you fight the bad men like the Joker or Mr. Freeze I shout and cheer for you.
I yell "Go get him Batman," then I bang on my TV set.
Last night I almost broke the screen. My mother got pretty mad, but she doesn't understand because she only likes Lawrence Welk.

Forever a Batman fan,
Jeffrey W.
Dallas, Tex.

Dear Batman,

I have been reading a Batman comic book. It called Death Knock Three times. It is about a man dress as a skeleton. The fist page is about Batman is fight the skeleton and Robin falling into a grave. And there are people talking together. Then the skeleton robs the people, then a lady faint, then Batman and Robin go into a room and they dress as Batman and Robin. Then they started fighting, then Batman gets shot, then they go back home.
Don't you think I have a good memory?

Your fan,
Hilton G.
Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania

Dear Batman,

I am an amateur fortune teller and I have just looked into your future.
I have consulted my crystal ball and I must tell you to beware of the month of December. You will have bad luck in December. Also, January, March, April, June, August, October and November. All the other months look okay so far.
I will consult my crystal ball again tonight.

Sincerely,
Harry L.
NYC

Dear Batman,

I would like to join you and Robin.
I could go with you and help you catch crooks.
I could be with you all the time, but I have to be home at 5 for my bath.

Love,
Joyce W.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Dear Batman,

I only have one question. Are you for real?

Sincerely,
Paul D.
Muncie, Indiana

Dear Batman,

I like the January Batman comic book. Can you answer your own riddle? When does ten added to ted equal ten? Answer-- by putting on gloves! Ten gloved fingers added to ten human fingers still equal ten fingers.
I don't want you to print this below, please.
I want to ask Batman and Robin to send me 2 suits, please. We got a Batman Club and I'm Batman. Billy Reeves is Robin, Michael Fredericks is Batman Jr., Vincent Crimmins is Robin Jr. Also I want the utility belts, please. We're (all 4) poor but we'll pay $2.09 for all the stuff. And a bat computer and crime stopper.

Lewis Q.
Albany, New York

Dear Batman,

Batman No. 180 was worth a million dollars! I loved the whole idea particularly death man driving around in an armored hearse, and the way he killed the policeman so ruthlessly, I also loved the way Batman--or fate overcame him. I liked the way death man was so confident to escape when he was sentenced to the electric chair. What I thought was really excellent about him was the way he followed his name and was a master of that Yogi trick when he would stop breathing pulse gone heartbeat gone but still secretly be alive. Just 2 things--you should have shown who death man was--and when Batman got shot why wasn't there blood?
Please bring back mirror man (he's my favorite!) Make the riddler escape the law by way of manholes more often, and make his riddles hard. Another thing--in Batman 170--I think it was 170--oh well--well, Batman said that he and Robin were wearing bullet proof suits--But why don't they wear it all the time?
My congratulations for giving Elongated man a new costume! Keep up the wonderful work!

Frank B.
Birmingham, Alabama

More tomorrow -

Same Bat-Time
Same Bat-Channel
Bill S.C.

Post by Bill S.C. »

Here are today's letters.

Dear Batman,

Ever since your program went on television, my son Barry, who is 5, insists on watching every Batman program.
He gets so excited watching Batman on TV that I have a difficult time getting him to bed when the program is finished.
If it isn't too much trouble could you just once, at the end of the show say, "And now it is time for Barry Strauss to brush his teeth and go to sleep."
it would be a big help.

A grateful parent,
Mrs. James S.
Chicago

Dear Batman,

You are my second favorite hero in the whole world.
My first favorite is Mary Poppins.

Love,
Cora W.
Houston, Tx.

Dear Batman,

How strong do you have to be to be a Batman?
I can do 30 pushups, 20 situps, 25 deep-knee bends, and 30 chinups.
I also can beat my kid sister at the Indian-leg wrestle.
Is that strong enough?

Your pal,
Rex J.
New Orleans

Dear Batman,

I have read 1,249 Batman comics.
I am the Batman expert in my school. Maybe the whole country.

Your loyal fan,
Ralph G.
Woodside, L.I.

Dear Batman,

The comic I liked best is where they tried to turn you into the Human Punching Bag.
The reason I liked it best is because that is what my brother is always trying to do to me.

A fan,
Jay B.
NYC

Dear Batman,

Hooray! What do I mean? I mean those great comics you've been putting out. They're great!!! Wowee! Gosh! Where did you ever get such talented artists. I would have wrote sooner but you know how it is. Well, as I've always been saying to my friends. If you don't buy Batman comics I'm gonna punch you in the nose. And guess what? Here I am home with an ice pack on my eye. But listen you guys, I'm not kidding around. Your comics are great. I also get a kick out of Batman on T.V. Its a really cool show. I watch it all the time. Oh! Oh! Batman's on T.V. now, Gotta run. Whoops, forgot to say goodbye. Goodbye, so long, be seeing you.

Speedily signed by,
(who else)
Thomas J. (isn't it a nice name?)
Waukegan, Illinois

Dear Batman,

Wow! What a story! What a cover! What art! Batman no. 180 was the greatest, by far.
There two things I liked best about the particular issue.
1. On the splash page, the Batman "insignia" was super-imposed over the colorful art, rather than being placed over a black background. This might seem like a nutty thing to point out, but it signified a change.
2. Batman got shot! It might seem morbid of me to thank you for this incident, but it seems unlikely that the Cowled Crusader would go through every single adventure without getting hurt. He had to get shot sometime, and this was as good a time as any.

Sincerely,
Mark P.
St. Louis , Missouri

Dear Batman,

Why don't you stop hanging around with that kid Robin?
A grown man like you should hang around with people his own age.
I don't care if he is a boy wonder---he still belong with the boy scouts.

Sincerely,
Alex M.
Albany, N.Y.

Dear Batman,

Last night I dreamed that Batman was on television five nights a week.
I told my mother about my dream and she said that it wasn't a dream---it was a nightmare.

Your fan,
Robert H.
Baldwin, L. I.

Dear Batman,

I like the comic book. "The Monarch of Menace" almost better than any other issue this year. I wrote a Bat-poem for you to write. Please no changes in Detective comics! Please!
Batpoem

Man listen to the batmobile's tires on the street, And the song to his program listen to that beat.

Joker, Riddler, Mr. Freeze, and Zelda the great
To bad for their terrible, terrible fate.

The Joker's machine with three lemons in a row,
Will put Batman and Robin electric from head to toe.

With Alfred at home and Robin at school,
There's hardly anything left of the "Dynamic Duo"!

The Commisoner is worried and likewise is the chief,
They all hope the crimmanals will turn over a new leaf. (on Life)

Batman and Robin catch all the Raiders
Everyone knows of these "Caped Crusaders."
(Batman and Robin)

Dick S.
Fresno, California

Dear Batman,

I love your show. I like you too. I think your Batmobile is great. I wish I were in your show. I have a lot of dreams about you. You get to meet a lot of girls. They faint in your arms and everything. I wish I were your little girl. Why don't you have any children on your show? I wish I were in your show. Then you'd save me.

Love,
Susan C.
Manhasset, Long Island

Dear Batman,

Could you please tell me what happens to Robin--the boy wonder---when he grows up.
Will he become Robin---the man wonder?

A curious fan,
Howie W.
Mount Vernon, N.Y.
Bill S.C.

Post by Bill S.C. »

Here are today's letters. Enjoy

Dear Batman,

Please send me a Batman button.
The only button I have says vote for Goldwater.

Your fan,
Jeffrey J.

Dear Batman,
If you ever have any trouble again with the terrible
trio--the Fox--the Shark--and the Vulture, please call us-- The Rock--The Champ--and Muscles.
Jimmy is The Rock. Paul is The Champ and Rodger is Muscles.
We are the terrific three of 125th Steet.

Your fan,
The Terrific Three
NYC

Dear Batman,

I envy you.
You, the Joker, the Penguin, Mr. Freeze, Mr. Zero,
and the Catwoman.
You get to meet all the great people.

Sincerely,
Marge B.
Reading, Pa.

Dear Batman,

Why do you and Robin always tell jokes when you are fighting?
What's so funny about beating up a bunch of crooks?

Sincerely,
Jimmy P.
Dallas, Texas

Dear Batman,

I just love to hear Robin say "HOLY BIRTHDAY CAKE" OR "HOLY POTATO SALAD."
They are my favorite words in the whole world.

Love,
Susan W.
Cleveland, Ohio

Dear Batman,

I would like to have a costume of the Mad Hatter
with moustache. I want the part of his hat with the eyes that pop out of the hat, too.
It is the most beautiful costume in the world.

Love,
Agnes W.
Seattle, Wash.

Dear Batman,

I would like to ask you a serious question.
Are all crooks rat finks?

Yours truly,
Mike G.
Boston, Mass.

Dear Batman,

Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
Superman is a square
Next to Robin and you!

With love from
Susan G.
Baldwin, L.I.

Dear Batman,

My heart used to belong to the Beatles, but now my heart belongs to you dear Batman and the name Beatles will never cross my lips again for as long as I live.
From now on it is Batman, Batman yeh yeh yeh!

Love from
Debbie B.
Buffalo, N.Y.

Dear Batman,

I am Peter. I am 6. Please send me a Batman suit to wear to church.

Love,
Peter
Atlanta, Ga.

Dear Batman,

You sure look keen in your mask and cape. Now if you only had a Beatle haircut you would be the most beautiful man in the whole wide world.

Love,
Sherry P.
Baltimore. Maryland

Dear Batman,

Issue 177 of Batman was gr-r-r-reat. The first feature was sort of an example of "Cold War." And the idea about elongated man and The Atom in those costumes was a great twist. But, to top that all off was at the end. This was a great example of Batman's greatest power, his great mind. The finding of the places of the hiding gems was pure genius. The second feature , the Art Gallery of Rogues showed another great power of the Batman, his above average strength, fighting mind. It had good plot and endangered Batman's secret identity.
I also wrote to tell you I'm starting a Batman Fan Club. I'm going to get books on the manly art of self defense and teach that to my members. I am going to get pictures of Batman from you and the local T.V. station that shows his adventures. So I am asking you please give me one picture or three of Batman & possibly Robin.

A very good fan,
Charles B.
Gainesville, Georgia

P.S. Any readers who are interested drop a card to:
2657 Richmond Drive, Gainesville Georgia
Bill S.C.

Post by Bill S.C. »

Here are today's letters.

Dear Batman,

You are better looking in the comic books than you are on TV.
I think you better get a new makeup man.

Love,
Shirley J.
Detroit, Mich.

Dear Batman,

My name is Betsy Erlich.
I am 7 and I have been a Batman fan ever since I was a kid.

Love,
Betsy
Dayton, Ohio

Dear Batman,

Please answer the following questions for me:
height______________________________
weight______________________________
shoe size____________________________
hat size_____________________________
shirt size____________________________
arm length___________________________
leg length____________________________
color of eyes__________________________
color of hair___________________________
Thank you very much. I need this information for my file of important facts about famous Americans.
Sincerely,
Rita W.
Wallingford, Conn.

Dear Batman,

1. I wish that you wouldn't have Robin act like a baby in the Batman shows. For example: everytime something exciting comes up, Robin says for example: "HOLY BIRTHDAY CAKE!" or "HOLY, HOLY, HOLY," something.
2. And I'll bet you WON'T PRINT THIS LETTER.

Sincerely,
Alan K.
Albany, California

Dear Batman,

I never miss you show on television.
What I like best about your TV show is the commercials.

Best wishes,
Mark S.
Freeport, L.I.

Dear Batman,

My girlfriend Sandy and I are crazy about you.
Last night Sandy and I flipped a coin and I got you and Sandy got Robin.
Boy is Sandy mad. Who wants a kid.

Love Diane P.
Indianoplis , Ind.

Dear Batman,

In school part of my class is putting on a Batman play. I play the part of Robin, boy wonder. In this play, the robber is the Riddler. On the Batman show, Robin always say Holy something. The Riddler give us riddles. But in the play we can only think of one riddle and a few Holy somethings. Could you please send me some Holy somethings and some riddles. My address is 22134 Fremont Street, San Diego, California.

Yours truly,
Leonard M.

Dear Batman,

I love your 80 page giants. I like the one that had the Joker's utility belt in it.
And I like the Sunday Newspaper Syndicated Story, which was the Catwoman. I also liked the Ice Crimes of Mr. Zero, the Fox, Shark, and Vulture. I liked the Penguin, the Caveman, and the Calendarman. I also have Issue number 6, which was mystery cases. I liked Murder at Mystery Castle, Gotham City Safari, Mystery of the Sky Museum, The Four Batmen, Creature from the Green Lagoon, Map of Mystery, The Danger Club, and Doom in Dinosaur Hall. I have Issue number 5. The Strange Lives of Batman and Robin. Which had The Power that doomed Batman, The Merman Batman, Rip Van Batman, The Zebra Batman, The Grown-up Boy Wonder, The Phantom Batman, The Giant Batman, and the Bewitched Batman. I have the two additions of the Blockbuster. I have the first Batman and Superman annual.

Your friend,
Harry W.
San Francisco, California

P.S. I love the show Batman. I have three Batman records and I have a Batman tea shirt.

Dear Batman,

Don't worry about a thing. Stevie Howard is on your side. And when Stevie Howard gets behind something it can't fail. Just ask any of Stevie Howard's friends. They think he is the greatest.

Sincerely,
Stevie Howard
Akron, Ohio

Dear Batman,

You are my idol. I would give anything to spend one hour with you in person.
If you can't spend an hour how about a half-hour?
If that is too much time, how about fifteen minutes?
I would even be happy with five minutes.

Your fan,
Jerry K.
NYC

P.S. One minute would be okay.

Dear Batman,

I love you! I love you! I love you! I love you! Ditto! Ditto! Ditto! I love you! I love you!
I would have written I love you 100 times except I am running out of ink, but you get the message.

Love
Denise H.
Oakland, California

I'm glad you're continuing to enjoy these letters. A Happy 4th of July to all.

Dear Batman,

I read about the Getaway Genius in one of your comic books.
I would like to meet him. Maybe he can help me escape from this school.

Your fan,
Jeffrey P.
Raleigh, N.C.

More on Monday
Batfan 66

Post by Batfan 66 »

These are fantastic!! You can tell people had a lot of fun writing these, and even more people had a lot more fun reading them :D
Bill S.C.

Post by Bill S.C. »

I'm glad you're enjoying them. Here are today's and yesterday's letters:

Hi Mr. Batman,

Mickey, Louis and I are having a fan club about you.
WE have a big tree and behind it we have a dirt mound and every day when we start our fan club meeting we run and jump in the dirt mound and say "Times up Riddler."
Our fan club meetings are a riot.

Your fan friend,
Harry W.
Brooklyn, NY

Dear Batman,

My friend and I would like to ask you a question.
How come Mr. Freeze never gets cold?

Love,
Susie W.
Glendale Heights, Ill.

Dear Batman,

I love you. I have some things made about Batman in the list below:
2 Model Batmobiles (with a model TV and tape recorder)
1 Batman suit
1 Batman record
1 Model of Batman
6 Drawings and pictures of Batman and Robin
1 Model of the Bat Cave
1 Bat Ring
1 Bat Pen
1 Batzooka
1 Bat's cape
and I watch Batman every week on television (I never miss it) adn I have about 100 Batman comics. Holy cow, I bet I'm the best Batman fan in the world.

Jerry L.
NYC

Dear Batman,

I have color TV. You sure look great in color. You are handsome in black and white but in color TV you are absolutely beautiful.

Love,
Karen M.
Muncie, Indiana

Dear Batman and Robin,

My brother John, my friend Leonard, and me always play Batman. I am Batman, my friend is Robin and my brother is Alfred the butler.
My brother always wants to play Batman or Robin, but we don't let him because he is our servant.

Your fan,
Mark C.
Dorchester, Mass.

Dear Batman,

Do you think you could make little rubber people of Batman and Robin.
I like rubber people better than real people.

Sincerely,
Robert W.
Newark, N. J.

Dear Batman,

Please send me pictures of the Riddler, the Joker and your other enemies.
I want to stick pins in them.

Your fan,
Tom C.
Huntington, N.Y.

Dear Batman,

Be a sport and lend me you Batmobile tomorrow night.
I promise I would take my girl to the drive-in movie, buy my father won't lend me his car.

Thanks pal,
Jimmy A.
Cleveland

Dear Batman,

You have given great joy to the world and you have enriched all our lives like Shakespeare, Beethoven, and Jonah Salk.

Sincerely,
Agnes D.
Mobile, Alabama

To Batman,

If you ever have any trouble call Jerry, Pinky, Pete, and Ralph at 682-9678.
We are raring to go and we are strong as ox.
(The Ape) Jerry 6ft. 2 210 pounds
(The Tiger!) Pinky 6ft. 1 220 pounds
(The Lion!) Pete 5ft. 11 190 pounds
(The Fox!) Ralph 5ft 5 135 pounds
Ralph isn't so strong, but he is a fast runner.

Your pals,
Jerry, Pinky, Pete, Ralph
San Francisco

Dear Batman,

Send me Joker's picture and don't make it scary.

Your fan,
Herbie J.
Eastville, Virginia

Dear Batman,

My girlfriend and I put together a dynamic duo club. We have such things as a 2-way bat-radio, batarang, Batman comic book, bat-library and a bat-code.
You might even say we are real batty.

Love,
Debbie and Joan
Carmel Valley, Calif.

Dear Batman,

I would like one of everything that has the word Batman on it.

Your fan,
Gloria G.
Reading, Pa.

Dear Batman,

Would you be so kind as to send me a complete Batman costume and send me the bill for materials. And on my honor as a citizen of the United States that I will pay you back as soon as I get the money.
United States citizens never lie!

Yours truly,
Joey L.
Phoenix, Arizona

Dear Batman,

I enjoy your show very much. I like the Batmobile and Robin. Why don't you have a Batwoman or Batgirl?
Is Batman against girls?

Love,
Susan W.
NYC

Dear Batman,

I have just finished "the Titanic Terror that Haunts Batman." It is one of the best stories I ever
read. The no. of the comic is 349. I like the part when Batman knocked the titanic terror with one punch.
Please write me and tell me when you will knock out somebody else with one punch. I love it.

Your pal,
Peter W.
Montreal, Cananda

Dear Batman,

I love the Batman show on TV. My mother thinks they're fakes.

Betsy R.
Atlanta

Dear Batman,

I named my new parakeet, Batman.
Now I am the only one on my block with a Bat-bird.

Your fan,
Stanley J.
Bronkx, N.Y.

Dear Batman,

Please write me the story of you life from the beginning.
Tell me everything, but leave out the dull parts.

Yours truly,
Zeke J.
Racine, Wisconsin

Dear Batman,

Are you:
1. Married
2. Single
3. Available
If you answer is #1, don't bother to answer this letter.

Sincerely,
Gilda K.
Gainesville, Ga.

Dear Batman,

Did you ever stop to think why a rich handsome man like you isn't married?
Well, I'll tell you why. It's because no girl wants a wise kid hanging around all the time.
Get smart, Batman. If you don't tell that Robin to get lost you may be a bachelor forever.

Sincerely,
Terry W.
Akron, Ohio

Dear Batman,

How come you don't use a machine gun or rifle or hand grenade or tear gas?
If you ever came up against a real tough criminal like Dillinger you would be out of luck with the kid stuff you use now.

Yours truly,
Hans J.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Dear Batman,

What were you before you were a Batman?
Were you a boy wonder?

A fan,
Rufus L.
Trenton, New Jersey

Dear Batman,

We would like to invite Robin, the boy wonder to join our Boy Scout troop.
The reason we would like him to join is that we don't have any boy wonders in our scout troop, only eagle scouts.

Sincerely,
Charles B.
Scout Troop 698
Cleveland, Ohio