Time to Retire "Batman Rhapsody"

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Time to Retire "Batman Rhapsody"

Post by Scott Sebring »

With the wonderful release of Batman finally on home video, it's time to retire my old parody song, "Batman Rhapsody."

http://www.batfriend.com/scott/scott_se ... apsody.mp3
I recorded this back in 2004 a little over ten years ago. This was a song that told the story of the legal problems of getting the Batman series out on DVD. Whenever somebody would ask me (or the board) about why the show wasn't out on DVD and the like, I would direct them to this little ditty.

Give it a listen and have a good chuckle that those days are now finally behind us.
Ben Bentley

Re: Time to Retire "Batman Rhapsody"

Post by Ben Bentley »

This actually crossed my mind over the weekend when I heard Bohemian Rhapsody on the radio whilst driving.

Perhaps it's time for a Blu-Ray themed parody of Queen's "Now I'm Here" to celebrate the shows release? ;)
TheBlueHombre

Post by TheBlueHombre »

It's a good parody. I have it on my iPod and listen to it regularly.
Same Bat-Time
Same Bat-Channel
Same Perilous Predicament
Mark Racop

Post by Mark Racop »

Thanks so much for your great song, Scott. Jill and I just listened to it yesterday to reflect on what was about to happen today...
Lee Kirkham

Post by Lee Kirkham »

Scott and I, shortly after the release of this parody on the board, had our first ever phone conversation. Hard to believe so much time has passed. I still love this song. Thanks for such a fun memory, Scott!
I find you to be odious, abhorrent and insegrevious.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Yes...I remember that. I do believe I was one of the people you referred to it lol.

John
Music. BAT! Music.
CWA

Post by CWA »

Until the recent Nirvana, whenever someone would ask why Batman hadn't been released to video/DVD, instead of explaining the details, I would simply play Scott's brilliant parody. Btw, it always got two thumbs up.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

In our own little bubble here, it's hard to believe that there are people who don't know this is a big deal. The cashier at Best Buy I spoke to asked me if these dvds had added scenes or something as they had sold a lot that day. I pointed to the front of the box where it said, FOR THE FIRST TIME. Her response? Simply....No way.

John
Music. BAT! Music.
wally wingert

Post by wally wingert »

Ahhh youth.