Batman's Yellow Oval

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

clavierankh

Batman's Yellow Oval

Post by clavierankh »

Watching in glorious HD it sometimes looks like the oval is printed on the grey material. Sometimes it looks like a patch of shiny material on the costume. Are my eyes decieving me or were there multiple costumes?
Lee Kirkham

Re: Batman's Yellow Oval

Post by Lee Kirkham »

Multiple costumes, yes. Printed on the gray tights, no. It was always a sticker adhered to the costume. If you watch the very first Joker episode in season 1, you'll notice in the museum "hall of fame" scene near the beginning, they placed it higher on the costume then where it would normally reside. This is because it was a sticker.
I find you to be odious, abhorrent and insegrevious.
Sol

Post by Sol »

As a child watching these shows I recognized the emblem as a sticker and was a little confused by it. Thought it was odd, but, of course I would've killed for one of them. Somewhere along the line I concluded that it had to do with cleaning the tights and making sure that the emblem is always where it should be on his chest: squarely place it between Mr. West's nipples!
clavierankh

Post by clavierankh »

Thanks for the info. The close-ups in Fine feathered Finks look different. Not as reflective.
logar2

Post by logar2 »

I'm petty sure I recall Chuck stating that in his research of the costumes that some of Adam's emblems were actually silk screened on to the leotard. If you look closely at the emblem Adam is wearing in the museum scenes, it seems to ripple every so slightly with the fabric, which would make sense if it were silk screened.
Lee Kirkham

Post by Lee Kirkham »

If that is the case, I missed Chuck stating that. And if anyone is going to have the skinny on that sort of stuff, it's Chuck. Plus, I've been wrong before, several times in fact.
I find you to be odious, abhorrent and insegrevious.
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Yeah, a few of the first ones were silk screened like the one in Fine Feathered is for sure. Haven't checked out many of the others yet.
logar2

Post by logar2 »

No worries, Lee. Happens to the best of us.