show ?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

makaveli09

show ?

Post by makaveli09 »

Hey guy I have been a fan of the show sence I have been a kid. And always wondered a couple of things and I think this is the best place to get answers.
At the beginning the cartoon beginning who are all the bad guys there? Are they suppose to have been characters for the show?
Also wondering if any other villains where planed for the series?
And third there's a pic on the net of Adam west in a red batman suit what's the deal with that ?

Thanks
Robin Holyisms

Re: show ?

Post by Robin Holyisms »

makaveli09 wrote:Hey guy I have been a fan of the show since I have been a kid. And always wondered a couple of things and I think this is the best place to get answers.
At the beginning the cartoon beginning who are all the bad guys there? Are they suppose to have been characters for the show?
Joker, Penguin, Catwoman, Clayface, and King Cobra. The rest of the villains in the intro are just random criminals.
Also wondering if any other villains where planed for the series?
Calender Man, Two-Face, and Poison Ivy.
JWLJN

Post by JWLJN »

I always wondered who the green and yellow guy was...

For some reason, as a kid my eyes just didn't register Penguin's hat in the opening. I could see his face but thought he was hatless.

-J\/\/
Pengy

Post by Pengy »

Joker and Penguin were the only two I ever recognized. I had no idea Clayface was in there.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Egghead might be in there too.
Attachments
BATMANvillians.jpg
Lee Kirkham

Post by Lee Kirkham »

Eggy baby, eh? Let me ask this, then:

When the animation was put together, how many of the TV specific villains might have been created to include there? We didn't see Egghead until later in the series, would they have know to put him in the animation? Why just him? Why not, say, Bookworm? Mr. Freeze?
I find you to be odious, abhorrent and insegrevious.
epaddon

Post by epaddon »

I never realized it was Clayface until I studied this more carefully in the remastering. That was obviously an unworkable villain for the series.
makaveli09

Post by makaveli09 »

Are there any pics of " calendar man" "two face" " poison ivy " or where they just proposed characters that never came to be ?

Thanks
epaddon

Post by epaddon »

I think the bald one with the glasses is supposed to be Professor Hugo Strange.
makaveli09

Post by makaveli09 »

Andyfish that's a nice pic of the opening seen. Ilove it.
makaveli09

Post by makaveli09 »

http://www.critcononline.com/batman_1966.htm

That's the red batman suit i was talking about.
JWLJN

Post by JWLJN »

That's just an oddly colored foreign movie poster.

-J\/\/
Lord Death Man

Post by Lord Death Man »

Robin Holyisms wrote:Joker, Penguin, Catwoman, Clayface, and King Cobra. The rest of the villains in the intro are just random criminals.
Is not King Cobra actually a Marvel bad guy? So he would not be a Bat-foe. There was a DC character called Kobra who Jack Kirby was planning on calling King Cobra but he was mid-70's, way after the TV show.
He flies and fights-BATMAN!
Purity and virtue-BATMAN!
Cowards run away!
Batman saves the day!
Also, Boy Wonder Robin.
Batman and Robin-caped crusaders at night!
BIFF! POW! BAM! BATMAN!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I was thinking Hugo Strange too.
There is a Batman villain called Copperhead, who had the snake motif and he was around early 60s.
Lee, excellent question-- I would take a guess that at least the first half season was at least plotted out, they also had access to the comic books so there's the other source. The Egghead guy could just be a scary bald guy-- after all that's pretty generic for a evil scientist.
Robin Holyisms

Post by Robin Holyisms »

Lord Death Man wrote:
Robin Holyisms wrote:Joker, Penguin, Catwoman, Clayface, and King Cobra. The rest of the villains in the intro are just random criminals.
Is not King Cobra actually a Marvel bad guy? So he would not be a Bat-foe. There was a DC character called Kobra who Jack Kirby was planning on calling King Cobra but he was mid-70's, way after the TV show.
No you're thinking of a completely different character.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/King_Cobra_I_(Earth-One)