Remembering my Bat Family...

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Lee Kirkham

Remembering my Bat Family...

Post by Lee Kirkham »

All the traffic on the board now that the series is commercially available has me reminiscing about all the wonderful people I have met and come to know here at 66batman.com:

Billy (Ghostdog) and Sean (FalseFace), two great guys who were taken way too early from us.

David and Glenn (Gdog), for more or less getting this whole darn thing rolling!

Wally, for just being one of the kindest most giving fellas you ever want to meet, and trust me, you WANT to meet him!

Scott, who re-invigorated my creativity with his unabashed love for the show.

My little brother from across the pond, Ben, who even though he is much younger, is cooler than I could ever hope to be.

Chuck, the first guy I ever video Bat-chatted with. What a wonderfully talented, and extremely humble craftsman and all-around good guy (with a LOT of help from Lynn!).

Bill S.C., thanks for hanging with me in the duration. Are we the longest lasting members? I think maybe so!

Andy Fish - what can I say, your talent as an Illustrator makes me question why you even associate yourself with a lowly graphic artist such as I! ;)

Kathy (irishmiss) - I miss talking with you on the phone, and I PROMISE to get you that Batman poster!

Mark Racop, the king of the modern classic Batmobile. I loved helping you at the Barrett/Jackson auctions, what a blast!

John (Mauled Vader), keeping the Bat faith, bro!

Zandra, Joe and their crew, what a bunch of lovable crazies!

I just realized that there are way too many of you to address, so let me apologize now for anyone who wasn't mentioned. You are all great and have made my time here a ball! Thanks!

Lee
I find you to be odious, abhorrent and insegrevious.
Martin Zamorano

Re: Remembering my Bat Family...

Post by Martin Zamorano »

Great peoples LEE!!!!
Adam West Squadron BATMANIA - www.batmania.com.ar
Lee Kirkham

Post by Lee Kirkham »

Oh my, how could I forget our Bat Pal from Argentina!!! Martin, you are a true Batfan and a good citizen!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Heck Lee, you've gone and made me blush! ;)

You were a big part of why this board became so special to me ten years ago and for that I will always thank you.
Mark Racop

Post by Mark Racop »

Thank you, Lee, for being so important in my life as well. You and Scott (and later Ben) resurrected and transformed this board into a viable living method to reach batfans when the old site died. I'm so glad the two of you took on the herculean task. Look at you now! How far have you come? One of the reasons why the show was finally released was because of your work. Thank you again.
Lee Kirkham

Post by Lee Kirkham »

Ben, your post made me do a little math...I've been a member of The Board (starting with David Sutton's original and migrating a few times until we got here) for...*gulp*...16 years!
Chuck Williams

Post by Chuck Williams »

Thanks Lee!!

It's been a hoot over the years and now we have the discs to split hairs over for the next 15 years!!

I still have all the wonderful art you produced when I was just starting to make cowls available.
The time you put into these really means a lot to me.

Onward and upward my friend!!
Attachments
chuckset.jpg
chuckset.jpg (238.26 KiB) Viewed 5700 times
chuck_advert.jpg
chuck_advert.jpg (28.08 KiB) Viewed 5701 times
Quick, Everyone, Flee for your lives, into the street!!!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/WilliamsStudio ... eller_info
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Lee!
I'm glad you've found more time to come back, we've missed your regular posts around here.
There are a lot of great people on this board, and I too consider you family.
TheBlueHombre

Post by TheBlueHombre »

I became a member of this board ten years ago specifically to find out why BATMAN was not on home video. When I read on here, Lee, that you were right in the middle of it and had to stay quiet due to legalities, I relaxed and knew I was in the right place. Here was a whole forum that loved this wonderful show as much as I do.

I am so glad that so many in this community was able to make this series on home video possible. I wish I lived in L.A. to get together with some of you. It is wonderful to share this commonality with everyone. Thank you, Lee, for your persistence and affection with the Bat Board.
Same Bat-Time
Same Bat-Channel
Same Perilous Predicament
Lee Kirkham

Post by Lee Kirkham »

And let me tell you, it is a major BUMMER not to be at liberty to talk about something that everyone loves! But we stayed the course, because we knew that all of us were starving for some authentic, official Batman on video. Still hard to believe the time has come. I'm almost having withdrawals! Sort of like feeling, "OK, what do we do now that this quest is over?" ;)
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Lee Kirkham wrote: Sort of like feeling, "OK, what do we do now that this quest is over?" ;)
Ah, the quest is not over my friend. How about starting another quest to get the REAL uncut episodes out, and while were at it, how about all the music from the series on CD. THAT should keep us all busy.

John
Last edited by Ben Bentley on Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Adjustment to "quote" coding
Music. BAT! Music.
Martin Zamorano

Post by Martin Zamorano »

Lee Kirkham wrote:Oh my, how could I forget our Bat Pal from Argentina!!! Martin, you are a true Batfan and a good citizen!

Thanks my friend, miss your Batmusic site!!!!
Adam West Squadron BATMANIA - www.batmania.com.ar
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Ah, my Bat-brother! It's always good to see you here. It's been too many years since we got to hook up or even chat on the phone (gotta do something about that.)
lee_scott.jpg
Lee Kirkham

Post by Lee Kirkham »

Well, I have a home phone now. Call me and I'll give you the number...

**crickets chirp**

*rimshot*

...or maybe I'll call you.
Lee Kirkham

Post by Lee Kirkham »

Just ran across a photo I had not seen before, but is breathtaking to say the least. My second favorite Dynamic Duo, and as far as I am concerned, this community's "mascots". LOVE this photo for many reasons. Good friends. Great craftsman. And not to mention, FUN people!