Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

monitor_earthprime

Monitor's Batman '66 Wiki update

Post by monitor_earthprime »

Batman '66 in the media

I have just revamped my Batman '66 page. I have added in those great fan films:

Little Batman

Star Trek vs Batman

I have also changed some items up by adding in a new section. Please stop by and if you know of anything I am missing let me know.

Now for the sad news. I found my old VHS tap that had the Batman '66 Lava Soap commercial and was getting ready to drop in down to a digital file. Then I had to help with family stuff and when I got back my dog somehow recorded over it. Around my house when I am gone to long he likes to hide items in his bed and roll around on them.
Visit my wiki site:
Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:
Monitor_EP Custom figures site
monitor_earthprime

Re: Monitor's Batman '66 Wiki update

I have added even more footage to the page:

Batman Inc. '66: This list if films inspired by Batman '66

Not Quiet Batman: Batman '66 Knock-Off characters

Batman '66 Like: Based on Batman '66 characters in other media

I have also added in more footage to the other listings.
Visit my wiki site:
Comic Books in the Media

monitor_earthprime

Another bid of sad news. My vhs copy of the Vickie Batman 30th Anniversary is beyond repairable. Through moving in and out of storage sheds it has a bad case of mold. I have tried everything that I know (I used to work for Blockbuster and was in charge of repairing vhs tapes). This and a few other tapes re now lost.

On a good note I manged to get ahold of the hard to find:
Platinum Edition Batman Bat Clips DVD

and I have more Batman '66 records coming in. I hope to start working on transferring this to audio files so that more people can enjoy these old recordings.
Visit my wiki site:
Comic Books in the Media

Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

All may not be lost on those VHS tapes. I was looking around at some possible solutions for removing mold and one of the things I came across was this video on YT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG4Jt-VxMpg

It looks like rubbing alcohol (91%?) is being used on the pads he has introduced into a modified VCR and claims to have success in restoring his tapes via this method. Elsewhere I have read that cleaning them with alcohol seems to work and also that you should be careful if there is non-dormant mold before cleaning as it may not come off as easily. The solution to that seems to be exposing it to an environment where it will cease and become dormant. You may want to research this aspect further.
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
monitor_earthprime

Re: Monitor's Batman '66 Wiki update: 2004 TX Bat-Con

2004 TX Bat-Con

Alright I was so happy to discover that Photo-CD from the 2004 Texas Batman Convention was still workable. I did loose a few of them, but most survived. I enjoyed this Con because I got a chance to talk with Frank Gorshin for about 20 minutes while he was on break and we talked about Batman '66, Star Trek and more. Yes I even paid for autographes from Adam West, Burt Ward and Frank.

I even remember meeting Wally Wingert there and just had to buy his CD of "Adam West" and take photos of Wally and the other "cosplayers".

That was a blast so feel free to check out the photos and enjoy.
Visit my wiki site:
Comic Books in the Media

Johnny Hamm

Post by Johnny Hamm »

That brings back a fond weekend...minus the food poison I got that Thursday night we arrived.:oops: I remember meeting Frank, Adam, and Burt that was a real hoot. I remember Frank and Burt were very approachable that Saturday. All the cosplayers were fun too...Julie Jr., Billy, Wally to name a few. Fun times! I too picked up a copy of Wally's "Adam West" still getting airplay from my kids, they love it. Thanks for the stroll down memory lane. ;)