ME-TV Starts It Back Up on December 20

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Dr. Shimel

ME-TV Starts It Back Up on December 20

Post by Dr. Shimel »

On December 20, ME-TV will show the first two Riddler episodes. Hopefully, this means they'll show the whole series in order instead of the absurd hopscotching they had been doing.
Gleeps, it's Batman

Re: ME-TV Starts It Back Up on December 20

Post by Gleeps, it's Batman »

They just started with the first two Riddler episodes on Heroes & Icons this past Tuesday. H&I is apparently a sister station to MeTV according to Wikipedia. (Or maybe it's a brother station since it's geared toward men.) The day before (on Monday) they aired the Joker flying saucer ep and the Minerva ep, so I presume they had gone through one cycle of the series beginning in September when the channel first went on the air and were starting over on Tuesday.

I wonder if the MeTV affiliate in Philadelphia will ever put it back on, but it doesn't much matter now because they lost most Batman viewers when the DVDs came out. If only they'd have waited for their Larry Mendte stuff until November.
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

Wonder when/if they would be able to broadcast the remastered versions?
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
chrisbcritter

Post by chrisbcritter »

Just as soon as they finish editing them and speeding them up! :roll:
"To the medical eye, such childish claptrap means only one thing, young man: You need some sleep."
marvelbloodhound

Post by marvelbloodhound »

Like the 2nd part of the Marsha story? Hey, until I have the fixed discs in my hands, jokes about that disc being uncut is fair game. Too far?
clavierankh

Post by clavierankh »

I don't know if they will ever have remasters. I have Perry Mason on DVD. It's been out for years. When I watch it on MeTV I am amazed at how bad their copies are.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

I wonder how many are still bothering with watching televised versions, now that the official release is available?
Beneath Wayne Manor
WayneGrayson

Post by WayneGrayson »

I'm still watching my bootlegs (won't have the scratch until after the new year - HOLY NEW YEARS EVE - HE'S GOT ME WITH HIS FAMOUS FAKE BAT-LEGS!)

However, if I'm sitting by the telly switching channels, or cruising the cable, and it happens to pop up, I'll sit there and watch it. If I want to go back to the beginning, I'll just put the boots on.
Gleeps, it's Batman

Post by Gleeps, it's Batman »

I found out that MeTV in the Philly market finally started airing Batman again last Saturday and moved Larry Mendte to 5:00 PM. And they claimed they couldn't move Larry Mendte because that was the time slot given to them. Uh huh. So now it's moved, when they won't have many viewers for it because the DVDs are out now. If they were required to run their public service programming at 7 PM, then why weren't ALL tv stations in this market required to do so, or all MeTV stations in the country required to do so? I have a hard time buying their argument. All I can say is holy bad decision-making on their part :roll: