BATMAN: Season 3 - which was best?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Joe Kerr

Re: BATMAN: Season 3 - which was best?

Post by Joe Kerr »

Surfs up! Joker's Under is one of the highlights of Season 3, for me. An outlandish plot, but is still fun. Plus seeing Batman take on the Joker in a surfing contest was gold. Another is I'll be a Mummy's Uncle; one of the best King Tut episodes of the series and one I believe could serve as the series finale. It's brilliantly written and acted and shines out of the 26 episodes of Season 3.
".... I'll have it, the last laugh will still be mine!" -The Joker, "The Joker's Last Laugh"
Fatbat

Re: BATMAN: Season 3 - which was best?

Post by Fatbat »

Many things about season 3 clearly showed the series had jumped the shark. But like Season 3 of Star Trek, I still love them warts and all. The forced next weeks villain being wedged into the end of the episode in really bad scenarios was one. The mostly loss of the 2 parter cliff hanger was two. The fact that although Alfred was clearly used prior to thwart a criminal's scheme, he went un-recognized having previously been seen by the badies.
The lack of a more mixed rogues gallery, having villains who just tangled w/ Batman show back up again only after 1 episode w/ a different crook.
The production costs/sets being diminished noticeably.
Eartha Kitt replacing Julie Newmar(but a great actress), and the abysmal replacement (temporarily)of Riddler w/ John Aston!