Thoughts on the pilot

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

clavierankh

Thoughts on the pilot

Post by clavierankh »

Things I didn't notice until they were pointed out:

The silent bat spin at the end of the teaser in part one. The missing trumpet blasts in the opening titles.

Things I noticed:

The fact that the fight words weren't quite choreographed to the fight scene. also no trumpet blasts.

Holy plot holes:

Aside from driving Molly back to the Bat cave awake and able to see the secret entrance to the Batcave which has been discussed here before how about this:Riddler couldn't have accused Batman of false arrest. Replacing the ambassador's cake with an exploding one constitutes a crime of some sort.

What a disguise:

Notice how putting on the Robin mask totally alters Molly's figure. I notice she wears the cape differently, draped over her shoulders. Probably to at least partly explain we Batman isn't supposed to notice her shape.
noman

Re: Thoughts on the pilot

Post by noman »

The Second episode is an enteraining but physical impossible scene in which Riddler is shown sliding down the air vent into the Ballroom but not from a upper story... he is slidding UP from the basement!!
TheBlueHombre

Post by TheBlueHombre »

I have always wondered how Batman couldn't tell that it was Molly disguised as Robin when he picked her (him) up in his arms and placed him (her) in the Batmobile. Don't you think he should have figured out through physical touch and his, **ahem**, male astuteness? To put it delicately, wouldn't he be able to figure out through gender attractions?
Same Bat-Time
Same Bat-Channel
Same Perilous Predicament
kennetzel

Post by kennetzel »

I could never figure out how Molly fell into the reactor...it was almost like she was sucked in. Even as a kid I wondered why she just didn't grab Batman's hand. What was preventing her from grabbing it. I mean doddering old Alfred pokes around up there all the time and never falls in, yet Molly in her prime is "Too scared" to grab Batman's hand and just falls in.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Suspension of disbelief guys....Without that NO sci fi or super hero story could exist for long. ;)

John
Music. BAT! Music.
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

kennetzel wrote:What was preventing her from grabbing it.
The writers! :)
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

Because in the pilot the Batcave/Atomic Pile was horrifying. It was only later that Alfred (old but not doddering) dusted the thing wearing an apron.
Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
WayneGrayson

Post by WayneGrayson »

TheBlueHombre wrote:I have always wondered how Batman couldn't tell that it was Molly disguised as Robin when he picked her (him) up in his arms and placed him (her) in the Batmobile. Don't you think he should have figured out through physical touch and his, **ahem**, male astuteness? To put it delicately, wouldn't he be able to figure out through gender attractions?
He immediately saw the holes in the face mask. As for her being wide awake and knowing where the Batcave was, I think that's why the writers decided to kill her off. They probably realized the corner in which they were painting themselves and thought "simple - just kill her off, that's all".

Don't mess with the bat, you'll get the ears.
noman

Post by noman »

Interestingly Riddler is shown wearing a clown outfit....although in one short scene and the in the movie he wears a Riddler suit...I always thought that was more stylish then the leotards he usualy wore :mrgreen: :lol: 8-)
chrisbcritter

Post by chrisbcritter »

More stylish, but more limiting physically - to me he was fun to watch in the leotards because in that outfit he was freer to get manic and "bounce off the walls". Sort of like a grasshopper on amphetamines.
"To the medical eye, such childish claptrap means only one thing, young man: You need some sleep."
noman

Post by noman »

The Fantasy aspect of the series is apparent because it would have been impossible for batman to have burned the hammer of Molly's gun with the Bat laser gun while driving the Batmobile. Likewise Molly bright red hair would have been a dead{HA} giveaway that the "Robin" Batman took from the accident was a fake! :ugeek: :lol: :x
jim9999

Post by jim9999 »

When they burst out of the Fabulous Mammoth Of Moldavia in "Smack In The Middle", Batman mentions "priceless postage stamps inside". Didn't seem so "priceless" as they blew the elephant open from the inside and the stamps went flying everywhere. Or did they replace them with dummy stamps. Was always curious about that.
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

jim9999 wrote:When they burst out of the Fabulous Mammoth Of Moldavia in "Smack In The Middle", Batman mentions "priceless postage stamps inside". Didn't seem so "priceless" as they blew the elephant open from the inside and the stamps went flying everywhere. Or did they replace them with dummy stamps. Was always curious about that.
Much like another Riddler caper later in the season: in the first part of "Ring of Wax," Riddler and his henchmen are trying to rip off the Incas book in the Rare Book section of the library. A Batfight ensues, with his henchmen casually flinging "rare" books at the Dynamic Duo.