Batcave Pics

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

WaltP

Batcave Pics

Post by WaltP »

Are there any pictures of the Batcave from the vantage point of the cave entrance? I'm interested in making a diorama and when the cave door is open having the inside visible would be a fun touch.

Thanks
Ben Bentley

Re: Batcave Pics

Post by Ben Bentley »

With the "cave entrance" and the cave "interior" being in two separate locations, the nearest shot to the scene you're describing would be the view of the cave from the faux-tunnel as the Batmobile enters the cave set on the sound stage.
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

Two separate locations?? Holy shattered illusions, Ben - thanks for the spoiler! :)
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

I did a walk through video for the exterior Batcave location otherwise known as Bronson Cave.
Check it out:
http://www.66batman.com/video/bat_tours.html
Todd Grimes

Post by Todd Grimes »

Great video! I hadn't seen that one before.
Lee Kirkham

Post by Lee Kirkham »

You ever going to tour another location? I know I sure enjoyed that first installment!

Scott Sebring wrote:I did a walk through video for the exterior Batcave location otherwise known as Bronson Cave.
Check it out:
http://www.66batman.com/video/bat_tours.html
I find you to be odious, abhorrent and insegrevious.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Wow, that's a great video. At the end of the video, I like how you superimposed the same viewing angle as the Batmobile exiting the cave - I kept stopping it, and if you look very carefully, you can see the far end of the tunnel, er, cave. But at full speed, you don't notice it at all.

I can't wait to see the Wayne Manor video.... That house is also used in many films. I just saw something recently, and when I yelled out "That's Wayne Manor", the other people in the room looked at me like I had two heads.

Great stuff Scott
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
majormac2

Post by majormac2 »

Szabol, I did the same thing when the wife and I went to see Bridesmaids. I think the people next to me thought I was nuts!
sjb66

Post by sjb66 »

The Monkees also filmed part the war scene to their 1968 movie HEAD there also.
Sjb66
BatMite

Post by BatMite »

This might not be exactly what you need, but cool nonetheless...

WaltP

Post by WaltP »

Thanks Ben B- DOH! Of course they had to be different sets! So how COULD there be a shot like I wanted? Sometimes it helps to put my brain in gear once in a while.

I now have the DVD's and have gone through them. The shot you posted BatMite is the closest that was shown. Various times as the duo roll out there is a lower shot as the Batmobile passes with exactly that setup.
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

The video Scott posted is very very cool. I found it several months ago when poking on the old forum. It's really cool seeing how Wonder Woman and Clayton Moore's Lone Ranger used the exact same location. Who knew!
WaltP

Post by WaltP »

Wish it was a YouTube video so I can see it. I refuse to put Flash on my computers now-a-days,
1966.batmobile

Post by 1966.batmobile »

I tried to play the video but nothing happens when I click on it. Does this work on iPads?
Brave & the Bold

Post by Brave & the Bold »

I'm a little late to the party but here are the closest shots of the Batmobile entrance/exit tunnel I could find.
Attachments
Movie Cave 6.jpg
Movie Cave 5.jpg