UK Newbie

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

BatgirlSpanners

UK Newbie

Post by BatgirlSpanners »

Hello Bat Folk

I'm Nicola from Bristol in the UK I was brought up on Batman 66 in the early 70'S
and Loved the Elvis Films But the Batgirl Cycle was so great to me and elvis roustabout bike and as years went on I got into bikes esp old jap bikes

So brings me upto date as you do and re-found Batman 66 I'm more Ma Parker Size hehe

My main bit for Joining is I have a Itch and see all replicas you all do and there wicked but no one has ever done Batgirls Cycle so me as a UK VJMC Rep has decided to make it as I like to build stuff and fancy seeing it beat George Shuttleworths Rocket at Goodwood revival in the uk :lol:

Love it or hate it but it's got to be done 8-)
clavierankh

Re: UK Newbie

Post by clavierankh »

Welcome to the group!
BatgirlSpanners

Thanks Clavierankh
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Hi Nicola, welcome to our board! It's always nice to see other members from the UK here as well as our friends from around the world.

Keep us posted on the Batgirlcyle project!
BatgirlSpanners

Hi Ben

Thanks and nice to see another UK person

I'm note sure where to put the build on I hope to film it too

I have studied it a lot over the last year near enough :geek: and only bit I can not figure out is the how the lace was fitted to the fairing :cry:

I own the bike model they used for it and it's got a MOT and about to get it's dvla plate.

The hard bit will be it's restoration of the bike as there a rare little beast and mine will need a few new/repro parts as I feel making the fairing is easy just need a arty person with a good eye for doing the curves on it in the UK and can not see a Bristol/Southwest Batgirl about :lol: but aiming to start it late Feb/march so I get the fun of giving it a blast
Thefanboy59

Post by Thefanboy59 »

Welcome to the Board.
Looking forward to seeing your Batgirl cycle progesss.
I have never seen one done before.
BatgirlSpanners

Hi Fanboy

I know it's a missing link bike in the Batman 66 Vehicles. I know I will have to face the ones who reckon they know all about that bike :ugeek:

All I am is a bike restorer and know old jap bikes 8-)

Pity there is not a UK Batman Cycle the Other Yamaha Owner/Builder here would be a hoot having the Villains riding them :lol:

Which Page do I have to put the project on
Wayne Faucher

Post by Wayne Faucher »

BatgirlSpanners wrote: I know it's a missing link bike in the Batman 66 Vehicles. I know I will have to face the ones who reckon they know all about that bike :ugeek:
Actually, that's the great thing about this site! You WILL have access to people who know all about the bike. I imagine any question you have can be answered by someone here!

Welcome and good luck!
BatgirlSpanners

Well all I want to know how the lace was attached to the fairing On the Yamaha YCS1 180cc
and this is from a site called cafe racer enjoy the read and picture
Posts tagged as: Batmobile
My Path to Bike Building: Jay LaRossa

Sunday, May 4th, 2014

We’re interested in hearing about the origins and influences of motorcycle builders, whether they’ve been on the program or not. First up in this new series is Lossa Engineering’s Jay LaRossa.

Although Jay Larossa is a gifted car and truck builder whose work has been featured in dozens of magazines and who once worked for Jesse James at West Coast Choppers, his heritage is in motorcycles and his current business started just like so many do: in the garage.
Jay has been on Café Racer TV three times and we’re very happy to report that he is recently recovered from a second bout of cancer. Here’s Jay’s story in his own words.
I didn’t get into motorcycles because I just liked them or was trying to be the cool kid. I was born into motorcycling; it was pretty much in my blood from birth.

My parents met at a motorcycle shop. My mom’s family owned Van Nuys Cycle in California and my dad was a mechanic there. But it goes even further back than that when my grandparents came to California from New York. Grandpa opened up a motorcycle shop in North Hollywood and sold and serviced new Yamahas, Nortons, Matchless, Ossa, Kawasaki and Lambretta scooters. He serviced the brand new YCS-1s that the original TV series Batman and Batgirl motorcycles were built on.

This is the real deal on info on the bikes past

Plus you all know this bit from batgirl her self from a interview she had from a site called celebrity collector
What memorabilia have you collected from your career?
The Batcycle, maybe?

"No. I haven't collected memorabilia. I am not a person who lives in the past. The book was difficult to write because I had to look in the past. I don't keep anything. I don't take pictures, but I do have the photos fans have sent me."

Where is the Batcycle these days?

"It was torn down and turned into a street bike after the show. E. Jeffries was the company that customized a Yamaha 180 into the Batcycle. After the show, they didn't need it anymore. No one knew in those days that memorabilia would be important."

Were you a motorcycle rider before you got the part as Batgirl?

"I was. I rode a motorcycle in those days because it was fun. I wouldn't do it today. Los Angeles has incredible traffic. It's beginning to look like downtown Rome."

"I saw a filmclip the other day of the intro to Batman with me riding the Batcycle, and compared to what you see today with all the speed and stunts, it looked like I was just putting along." (Laughs.)
Chuck Williams

Post by Chuck Williams »

Welcome to the board!! :)

What a great project you have going!!!

Wishing you all the best,
Chuck...
Quick, Everyone, Flee for your lives, into the street!!!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/WilliamsStudio ... eller_info
BatgirlSpanners

Hi Chuck

Well it scares the life out of me to be honest

1, getting the fairing right
2, getting the mounts right
3, the screen ring and its size
4, making a rear bracket that batgirl never had
5, painting it
6, the restoration of the old girl
7, finding rare parts to make it run better and so it all looks right as I am missing some and parts damage due to Barbara's age and I don't live in the USA to find them cheaper esp right muffler

8, THE UTTER WORST is showing it

9, Doing a comicon would be hell as it scares me
I act the riddler

Post by I act the riddler »

Welcome to the group.
Please do not embed videos into signatures.
- The management.
BatgirlSpanners

Greetings my dear sir

that you for the welcome Dear Villain

Now Get your Hands up

Ma Parker