The Purr-fect Crime Lady or Tiger?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

BatmanFan102

The Purr-fect Crime Lady or Tiger?

Post by BatmanFan102 »

At the end, Batman was given 2 doors to choose from. He chose the door on the right, which proved wrong as the tiger was there.

I always wondered if Catwoman was actually behind the other door, or if there was in fact another tiger there too (most likely).

BTW this is my very first post here, and I just received the DVD collection 5 days ago from my Mrs. as a Christmas present and have been enjoying it immensely.

Like the show itself, I too began in 1966, just turned 48 recently in fact, but always will be a huge fan of the Batman 1966 series and motion picture!

Best,
Bill
dell

Re: The Purr-fect Crime Lady or Tiger?

Post by dell »

Welcome!

I think it was another tiger. I say this mainly because Catwoman is telling Batman about the doors from her lair. She toys with Batman and Robin for a few minutes and even has her henchman plant the toy bomb, etc. She never moves to another location that looks anything like she is behind a door similar to the tiger's door; she stays in her lair with her henchmen. So, even if Batman had picked the "correct" door, would Catwoman and her henchmen have just given up because he guessed right? I don't think so; I think Batman would have had a serious problem (a tiger or Catwoman and her henchmen) no matter what door he picked.
dell
Jim Akin

Post by Jim Akin »

Welcome, Bill!

I got the series for Christmas, too, and watched The Purr-fect Crime last night. Given that there were two tigers beneath Robin on that lethal see-saw, my guess is that Catwoman cheated and placed a cat behind each of the doors. Of course, that assumes tiger Tinker Bell recovered from the sonics that "split his skull," and that he was one of the cats in the pit. I choose to believe this was the case, that our narrator was indulging in euphemism (as in a "skull-splitting" headache), and that Batman used nonlethal methods to subdue the beast. Otherwise, Catwoman would've had to have at least three tigers in her menagerie.

Cheers,

QQ
cammy85

Post by cammy85 »

From what I remember (having watched it several times), both doors lead to the tiger room. Catwoman was safely stashed away elsewhere in the Catlair. The whole thing was a trap.
noman

Post by noman »

So Both Doors probably lead to TIGERS..... :o :roll:
dell

Post by dell »

cammy85 wrote:From what I remember (having watched it several times), both doors lead to the tiger room. Catwoman was safely stashed away elsewhere in the Catlair. The whole thing was a trap.
I thought the same thing, but Batman selects the door on the right and when the door opens it is obvious that there is a wall separating the two doors/rooms. Something else was behind he other door, but I doubt it was Catwoman.
dell
noman

Post by noman »

Probably another Tiger waiting for Batman :lol: ;)
BatmanFan102

Post by BatmanFan102 »

Which begs the question, if Batman suspected Catwoman was lying, and he had no reason to believe she was being honest, why did he press either button? Batman claims "I never gamble." yet he took a HUGE gamble in pressing one of the buttons. Did his ego/drive get the better of him? Did he maybe hope against reasonable hope and doubt that Catwoman would be behind one of those doors?
dell

Post by dell »

If you were in Batman's cowl, what would you do? Not pushing one of the buttons would infuriate Catwoman and she would probably do at least one of the following:
1) Open one of the doors and release a tiger. Or, if there were a tiger behind both doors release them both.
2) Do something nasty to Robin as she had already taken him away.
3) Do something even worse than releasing a tiger. She already used a fake bomb; maybe she had a real one too.
I think Batman did the only thing he could in that situation and picked one of the doors.
dell