Things you didn't notice or remember until seeing the DVDs

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

WayneGrayson

Re: Things you didn't notice or remember until seeing the DV

Post by WayneGrayson »

Yellow Oval wrote:I still can't see the airhole Molly was breathing through! :P

That'll be on the re-remaster for the series' 100th anniversary - on the Criterion Collection.
WaltP

Re: Things you didn't notice or remember until seeing the DVDs

Post by WaltP »

I noticed just before the Batmobile enters the exit tunnel, the back quarter panel has a lot of hand-prints! It's the shots from season 2, ep09 for example. They couldn't get a rag an clean that up before shooting?

Also, in the same scene where the camera does not follow the BM (again 2-09), note the sparkly debris that lands on the floor from the turbo flame. First a couple sparks on the left, then one on the right.
Batman42

Post by Batman42 »

I noticed the coffee stains on adam west's batman outfit in the riddle a day keeps the riddler away and in the fight scenes when you can quite clearly see in the wide shots it's Adam West's stunt double

Andrew UK
Batman42

Post by Batman42 »

It's absolutely amazing what you see on the batman blu ray set that you never saw when it was shown on tv. I've noticed a lot of things on the blu ray set too many to mention here.

Andrew UK
Golddragon71

Post by Golddragon71 »

Was watching the Londinium Larcenies and Dick's playing Drums in Bruce's study.
Alfred compliments Dick on his playing but rather than call him Dick he calls him robin

I guess Aunt Harriet was well out of reach and they all knew it. (also interesting that they were hanging out in the study rather than the grand living room)
"Someone might be able to substitute for Batman, for a very short time, but no one could ever replace him!"
Quarhog

Post by Quarhog »

Something that I noticed for the first time when I watched 'The Purr-fect Crime' on digital TV a few years back was the seductive way Catwoman's costume creaked every time she moved...
Quarhog

Post by Quarhog »

Something that I noticed for the first time when I watched 'The Purr-fect Crime' on digital TV a few years back was the seductive way Catwoman's costume creaked every time she moved...
Frenchy1939

Post by Frenchy1939 »

I did not realize how much Christopher Nolan and Tim Burton were influenced by the TV show! I'm not quite finished with season 1 but here is what I noticed so far:

1. The gas coming out of the vents in episode 1 (or 2) with the riddler looks just like the Batman 89 museum scene.
2. There's a mechanical switch in "smack in the middle" that's identical to the ones in the Batman 89 axis chemical scene where Jack Napier is panicking.
3. The clock tower at the end of the first bookworm episode looks like the tower in Batman 89, unfinished wood, big gothic bell, and all!
4. The view looking up the smokestack in the season 1 joker episode (sorry, can't remember the title) cliffhanger, where they walk up the stack back to back to avoid poison gas. That's the same image used over and over in Batman Begins and Dark Knight Rises!
5. I think somebody else pointed out that the joker clown masks in one of the season 1 episodes are identical to the ones from The Dark Knight.

I need to keep watching. I'll report any new findings!
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

Frenchy1939 wrote:I did not realize how much Christopher Nolan and Tim Burton were influenced by the TV show! I'm not quite finished with season 1 but here is what I noticed so far:

4. The view looking up the smokestack in the season 1 joker episode (sorry, can't remember the title) cliffhanger, where they walk up the stack back to back to avoid poison gas. That's the same image used over and over in Batman Begins and Dark Knight Rises!
5. I think somebody else pointed out that the joker clown masks in one of the season 1 episodes are identical to the ones from The Dark Knight.
4. The Joker Trumps an Ace/Batman Sets the Pace: Where the Joker "kidnaps" the Maharajah. The most amusing line is when the Joker and his gang are leaving after the duo escapes. The Joker explains that, "I have a much more succulent idea." :lol:

5. The end of "The Joker is Wild," with the mask being part of the opera.
Phil B

Post by Phil B »

In Hi Diddle Riddle I never realised the name of the disco was What A Way to Go-Go. I always thought it was a pun line thought up for the demise of Molly.
Frenchy1939

Post by Frenchy1939 »

Wow...the Archer episode where Art Carney is throwing money at the crowd...looks really familiar! Man, Tim Burton must've watched every episode before making Batman '89! There seems to be visuals, props, themes, etc. from the series all in his movie.
Golddragon71

Post by Golddragon71 »

I guess this is the best thread for this.
I was watching the Special Feature Na-Na-Na Batman. (nothing new, I had seen it a dozen times since I got the DVDs last year!) and I realized something when Arrow/Legends of Tomorrow's Caty Lotz was talking about the Hotline Phone in the Batmobile.
The Hotline Batphone only has one button, (particularly the versions shown in the Commissioner's Office, Wayne Manor and the Batcave) now this button activates the phone (like hitting send on a modern smartphone) hat's to place a call...to receive the call being placed, one merely has to pick the receiver up off the cradle as with any other phone.
Here's the mystery. The Commissioner usually calls Batman "at Home" but there re a few occasions when the commissioner calls the hotline while batman is out and about in the Batmobile. The thing that's striking is that the Commissioner never has to hit any kind of a selector switch and Alfred never has to act as a go between when the Commissioner calls in, to switch the hotline to the Batmobile's extension! I never gave it much thought until I realized that Alfred never had to take a Hotline call and say "He's out and about in the Batmobile Commissioner! I'll patch you through now!
Of course, the logical answer is that somehow, when the car is in use the Hotline is automatically relayed from the landline, to the mobile line. (also, you never see anyone in the Batmobile contact the Batcave, It's only ever used between the commissioner's office and the principal member either "at home" or "on the move!"
"Someone might be able to substitute for Batman, for a very short time, but no one could ever replace him!"
Jim Akin

Post by Jim Akin »

I always figured the batphones in the study, batcave and batmobile were all "extensions" of the same line, and that they all rang at the same time whenever the GCPD called.

So why, some might ask, wasn't there a double-beep when the hotline rang in the batcave and batmobile at the same time? The batmobile phone relied on radio signals, and there wasn't reception in the batcave (nor did there need to be, since the "land line" had everything covered).

Stan Lee used to award Marvel Comics readers "no-prizes" for making up explanations like this. :)
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

Jim Akin wrote:I always figured the batphones in the study, batcave and batmobile were all "extensions" of the same line, and that they all rang at the same time whenever the GCPD called.
Where did Gotham City Bell send the monthly bill? :lol:
Golddragon71

Post by Golddragon71 »

GCB sent the bill to the Gotham Police Fepartment but the police paid the bill out of a trust fund provided by Bruce Wayne under an anti-crime grant he set up. (That's my take anyway)