Things you didn't notice or remember until seeing the DVDs

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Therin of Andor

Re: Things you didn't notice or remember until seeing the DVDs

Post by Therin of Andor »

Progress Pigment wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:49 pm It was quite a catch! If Andor could explain that would be cool.
I am guessing the reflection is another bush?

It was another Batfan (on Facebook) who found the "Charlie's Angels" connection after I had made my own frame grab of the Gotham City Police HQ's rarer side entrance. I went on the Warner Bros Studios' executive tour in 2013 and, for me, the highlight was being able to stand on the front steps of GC P HQ.

But I do have a work colleague who loved her visit to Universal Studios in the 80s so much that she only watched "The A Team" and "Murder She Wrote" each week to play "spot the building facade" with her brother.
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Therin of Andor

We well remember Season Three's Milly Linseed, wife of Mayor Linseed, and replacement for Chief O'Hara when Nora Clavicle made herself Commissioner. But here, in the Mr Freeze episode, "Green Ice" (Season Two), we meet Linda (Linseed?) at a reception at Wayne Manor!

So was Milly Linseed wife #2?

Mayor Linseed and Linda by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Mayor Linseed and Linda by Ian McLean, on Flickr
Therin of Andor

Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

Therin of Andor wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:44 am We well remember Season Three's Milly Linseed, wife of Mayor Linseed, and replacement for Chief O'Hara when Nora Clavicle made herself Commissioner. But here, in the Mr Freeze episode, "Green Ice" (Season Two), we meet Linda (Linseed?) at a reception at Wayne Manor!

The Mayor rushed into that second marriage, which is why his laundry wasn't being done and his wife was refusing to cook dinner. :lol: BTW, for the first two years of the Patty Duke show, Natalie Lane (Jean Byron) and her family lived in Brooklyn Heights--which would have made it easy for them to meet. :lol: :lol:
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

Dr. Shimel wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:07 am
Therin of Andor wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:44 am We well remember Season Three's Milly Linseed, wife of Mayor Linseed, and replacement for Chief O'Hara when Nora Clavicle made herself Commissioner. But here, in the Mr Freeze episode, "Green Ice" (Season Two), we meet Linda (Linseed?) at a reception at Wayne Manor!

The Mayor rushed into that second marriage, which is why his laundry wasn't being done and his wife was refusing to cook dinner. :lol: BTW, for the first two years of the Patty Duke show, Natalie Lane (Jean Byron) and her family lived in Brooklyn Heights--which would have made it easy for them to meet. :lol: :lol:
The mayor must be one of those guys that likes pouty women. And Adam West is working a great "stack" of 80's hair there! He could have auditioned for Echo and the Bunnymen!

Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
Therin of Andor

Dr. Shimel wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:07 am BTW, for the first two years of the Patty Duke show, Natalie Lane (Jean Byron) and her family lived in Brooklyn Heights--which would have made it easy for them to meet. :lol: :lol:
Ha! Never noticed the name similarities: Byron Keith and Jean Byron played Mr & Mrs Linseed.
Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor

Tonight I watched the early Shame episode I haven't seen in ages! Okie Annie suddenly had a costume change...

Okie Annie by Ian McLean, on Flickr

... into Blaze's outfit from the False Face adventure the previous season!

Blaze from her False Face episodes by Ian McLean, on Flickr
Therin of Andor

clavierankh

Post by clavierankh »

Good catch!
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

Wow!!! That's a good one.
Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

Here's an easy one. It's so incredibly obvious in fact that I'm sure that everybody else is already noticed it but, somehow it has slipped under my radar until last night.

While watching Batman the movie I noticed that during Robin's second appearance during the opening credits his image is reversed. Therefore is circled "R" is on the wrong side and backwards.

Like I said, an easy one that I'm sure everyone else has noticed. I'm just surprised that I nwver before caught it until now.
Phil B

Post by Phil B »

Nice catch. If I did see it, I don't recall it. Old age will do that to you.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

And during Robin's ladder stunt on the Batcopter where he goes upside down, he goes from being far away from Batman to being practically on top of him.
Music. BAT! Music.
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

Speaking of the Bat-ladder sequence, I've always been bothered by the scene where Batman drops his Bat-radio into the sea but still has it later to blow up the Penguin's torpedoes and again to jam the Riddler's missile.
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

The Boss wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:50 pm Speaking of the Bat-ladder sequence, I've always been bothered by the scene where Batman drops his Bat-radio into the sea but still has it later to blow up the Penguin's torpedoes and again to jam the Riddler's missile.

That's an easy one, he had a back,up radio...lol, as Adam said when he pulled a fish from his belt, a good crime fighter is always prepared.
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

While watching the episode "Green Ice" (specifically the scene where Mr. Freeze and his henchmen robbed the guests at Wayne Manor) I noticed that despite stealing watches and diamond necklesses, the crooks deglected to take Aunt Harriet's diamond bracelet.
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

The Boss wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:12 am While watching the episode "Green Ice" (specifically the scene where Mr. Freeze and his henchmen robbed the guests at Wayne Manor) I noticed that despite stealing watches and diamond necklesses, the crooks deglected to take Aunt Harriet's diamond bracelet.
It must have been considered to be too "vild' :lol: