Damaged costume parts

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

A. Pennyworth

Damaged costume parts

Post by A. Pennyworth »

Of course this damage/abuse was necessary for the script but here are some costume parts damaged perhaps beyond repair never to be reused again.
(this one probably cleaned up Ok)
(notice the Joker's signature changes)

Any others you can think of?
BATWINGED HORNET

Re: Damaged costume parts

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

How about "Marsha's Scheme of Diamonds" where Aunt Hilda's tosses her potion on the costumes?
Beneath Wayne Manor
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

With the lighter pink color tone of the cowl I find it's easier to make out Adam's face under the mask.
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
Chuck Williams

Post by Chuck Williams »

Yep, Adam comes out of the plaster trap with the Pilot Cowl on.

As someone who handles this fabric a lot, I'm very impressed with how well they maintained it through all of the adventures.
Seeing this hero cowl rubbing on the wooden "railroad" tracks just sets my teeth on edge! But they managed to clean it up.

The same cowl seen for the last time (I think) on the show. A sad death for my favorite cowl. :cry:

Quick, Everyone, Flee for your lives, into the street!!!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/WilliamsStudio ... eller_info
chrisbcritter

Post by chrisbcritter »

A. Pennyworth wrote: (notice the Joker's signature changes)
The first one looks like he tried to sign it "CR"!

Then there's Robin's costume from "The Yegg Foes in Gotham" that was pretty well messed up with eggs, and on the villains' side, Egghead's outfit fared even worse (hours of shooting under hot lights while soaking in raw eggs - yecchh!). Then there was King Tut's beautifully made, elaborately decorated costume getting soaked in green-dyed Abu-rabu-simbu-tu - a real shame.
"To the medical eye, such childish claptrap means only one thing, young man: You need some sleep."
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

Gordon and O'Hara had their suits/costumes speckled with pie after being hit by them in the Penguin restaurant caper.

While it didn't affect his costume, Repp also had the red "jelly" all over him while showering during a Joker escapade
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

Did they actually pokes holes into a tunic and vest? and then doused them with "fiberglass" resin foam to ruin these?
Chuck Williams

Post by Chuck Williams »

I don't know about the holes (but it sure looks like they did) but if that is not two part foam being poured on them, they found a spot on looking substitute!!

Stuff is incredibly toxic while it's rising or burned. Gives off cyanide gas .

I guess no one told the effects guys!
Quick, Everyone, Flee for your lives, into the street!!!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/WilliamsStudio ... eller_info
High C

Post by High C »

As long as Catwoman's and Siren's costumes weren't ever damaged, I'm happy. :D
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
rickrickrick

Post by rickrickrick »

Glad someone cited the surfing Joker episode! Always kills me to watch them pour that goo on the SHOES, one of the more expensive pieces of the costumes!

I agree, Chuck - sure looks like real two-part foam to me! How did they handle getting out of that stuff, it sets up so fast! And in my experience, you'd need more than one layer of tights to keep it from soaking through to your skin! Yikes!

Always wondered about Adam's leotard - there's a weird second seam on the right arm, several inches below the normal shoulder seam. Don't recall seeing that any other time. Was it a damaged top someone repaired?

RRR
The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.