The 4th Season NBC Myth

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

antoniod

Re: The 4th Season NBC Myth

Post by antoniod »

Reminds me of "The Phil Silvers Show/Sgt. Bilko"s cancellation. A PBS doc. lamented that "Bilko" was cancelled because it ran counter to "an increasing culture of conformity" and Bilko was "Anti-Authoritarian", never mind that CBS had Silvers play virtually the same character in "The New Phil Silvers Show" or that ABC introduced the faux-Bilko TOP CAT afterward(or that "Bilko" was a huckster more than he was "Anti-Authority"). BILKO was cancelled because CBS wanted to strike the syndication bonanza while it was hot-they calculated that they'd make more money syndicating repeats than producing new episodes. And the series wasn't as good after Nat Hiken stopped writing for it.
Etruscan Snood

Post by Etruscan Snood »

I realize this is an old thread, but it mentions the main piece of the atomic pile set being used in the movie In Like Flint. I found this photo of it, and thought I would post it. (Don't know if it was posted elsewhere.) The movie was released March 15, 1967, so I suspect it completed filming before the Batman series aired.
Attachments
IMG_9045.jpg
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Etruscan Snood wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:30 am I realize this is an old thread, but it mentions the main piece of the atomic pile set being used in the movie In Like Flint. I found this photo of it, and thought I would post it. (Don't know if it was posted elsewhere.) The movie was released March 15, 1967, so I suspect it completed filming before the Batman series aired.
Yes, the set piece has been featured and posted many times on the board. But you have the wrong film and year of use. It was never used in "In Like Flint" (1967). It was in the first film "Our Man Flint" released in 1966 but whose production definitely pre-dates the series. It has been speculated that either blue prints for the reactor shape or the actual set prop were later used for Batman. Certainly not the other way around as suggested in the post you read. Really not relevant to this thread for sure but still came up. I somehow missed or ignored that previous misinformation that was posted in this thread about 7 years ago.
Our Man Flint 1.jpg
Our Man Flint 2.jpg
Etruscan Snood

Post by Etruscan Snood »

It's all interesting. I actually saw it in a promo for "In Like Flint" on the extras of another '60's DVD... I believe you are correct and the cheap extras on the DVD I saw are likely not accurate, certainly given the cheapness of the production.
Etruscan Snood

Post by Etruscan Snood »

Love those screen shots. TY, Scott