Cracked Website's Take on 66 Batman

Post by Joel Ross »

Interesting read.

"5 Reasons the '60s Batman TV Show Is Better Than You Think"

The Cracked article.
robinboyblunderer

Re: Cracked Website's Take on 66 Batman

Post by robinboyblunderer »

Interesting, particularly how perception of the show has changed; it's gone from being something to be distanced from, to something celebrated.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Yes. My how times have changed. Wish it had been this way in the 1970's Chicago area. I know many people such as Scott have told me they weren't picked on in school for liking Batman (our series, the only one at the time) but I spent my entire school life (1967 through 1981) learning to be a closet Batman fan. My entire fourth grade was spent hearing children mocking me at every turn, singing nananana FATMAN! and other such belittling things when I "accidentally" let it slip that it was my favorite show. I suppose if I liked the comic books of the time that may have gone better for me? I don't know.

My mom found a light blue T shirt with the logo shown below at Sears when I was in 5th grade and I never wore it to school. I finally had to tell my mom it was because I would have been beaten to a pulp. :(

John
Attachments
batmanvintagelogo_.png
batmanvintagelogo_.png (11.26 KiB) Viewed 3763 times
Music. BAT! Music.
Robin Holyisms

Post by Robin Holyisms »

robinboyblunderer wrote:Interesting, particularly how perception of the show has changed; it's gone from being something to be distanced from, to something celebrated.
This is very much in contrast to the piece that cracked.com did on the series a few years ago. Because in the piece that i mention cracked.com didn't really have a good word to say about the series.

http://www.cracked.com/funny-4458-batman-tv-series/
High C

Post by High C »

fwiw, I found it to be just another 'it's so bad, it's good' take.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
dell

Post by dell »

Just to let people know, the article has some pretty rough language that is not kid friendly.
dell
Robin Holyisms

Post by Robin Holyisms »

dell wrote:Just to let people know, the article has some pretty rough language that is not kid friendly.
Sorry about that it's been a while since iv'e had a proper look at that article.