Batman font?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

wayoutjunk

Batman font?

Post by wayoutjunk »

I'm going to be doing a display of my old and new Batman '66 stuff at our library in February, and they like to include something that explains the display and who provided it. I was going to take the graphic used in the closing credits (with the Bat Signal), and I wanted to do the other information in the same font used for the credits. Does anybody know if that's an existing font or if it was one made for the show, and where I could find it?
Mark Racop

Re: Batman font?

Post by Mark Racop »

The Ad Lib font is the closest to what they used for the titles.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

You need to poke around the site dude! ;) Under "BAT WORKS/BAT RESOURSES" you'll find a whole host of cool and useful things. The font Mark mentions is listed there--Have a blast and be sure to check out Gallery, and Bat FAQ sections as well. :P

John
Music. BAT! Music.
wayoutjunk

Post by wayoutjunk »

Thanks, John. I had been to that part of the site before (I remembered seeing the Batman and Robin logos), but I didn't remember those fonts being there. Sure enough, there they be. Thank you again, citizen!
Lee Kirkham

Post by Lee Kirkham »

We are your "one-stop-shop" for all things 1966 Batman!
I find you to be odious, abhorrent and insegrevious.
Detective26

Post by Detective26 »

John Mack wrote: Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:27 am You need to poke around the site dude! ;) Under "BAT WORKS/BAT RESOURSES" you'll find a whole host of cool and useful things. The font Mark mentions is listed there--Have a blast and be sure to check out Gallery, and Bat FAQ sections as well. :P

John
OK, I'll bite. I can't find that anywhere.
You tried. That's the true measure of a man.
Meule

Post by Meule »

Detective26 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:45 pm
John Mack wrote: Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:27 am You need to poke around the site dude! ;) Under "BAT WORKS/BAT RESOURSES" you'll find a whole host of cool and useful things. The font Mark mentions is listed there--Have a blast and be sure to check out Gallery, and Bat FAQ sections as well. :P

John
Click 'Home Site' at the top of the page, between Quick Links and Forums
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Meule wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:02 am
John
Mine doesn't read that it just says "Resources" there and then has one video about cape snaps.
I too would love any fonts.

I'm not sure what is listed on this forum already but here are some I found...

Adlib font is close to the titles. ( dafont.com free )
Dom Casual LT Bold looks like the ending credits font. ( dafont.com free )
"Adam West" font see attachment ( Gautfonts.com free )
Attachments
TypeSample-DangFonts-AdamWest.png
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Meule

Post by Meule »

rsaffle wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:41 am
Meule wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:02 am
Mine doesn't read that it just says "Resources" there and then has one video about cape snaps.
I too would love any fonts.
Hmmm, you're right... don't know what happened, it used be there. Maybe Scott or Ben can shed some light on the matter?
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
Detective26

Post by Detective26 »

Meule wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:02 am Click 'Home Site' at the top of the page, between Quick Links and Forums
"Of course I tried soapy water". I had tried that and it wasn't it.
rsaffle wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:41 am Mine doesn't read that it just says "Resources" there and then has one video about cape snaps.
Thanks for proving I'm not drunk on Heavy Water! And thanks for the font links.

(BTW: "www.66batman.com" doesn't work on Firefox. Chrome is OK, but FF gives a "Error code: SSL_ERROR_INTERNAL_ERROR_ALERT". Similarly, you can go to the Forum direct on FF and select the "Home" button...)
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

John
The resources section is around. No longer under Bat Works. But things like the fonts, some obsolete PDF logo patterns (mostly not accurate by today's standards) from back in the day, a copyrighted coloring book and music sound clips (also copyrighted) were removed many years ago. Dead links and navigation changes are what happen when resurrecting 6 year old posts. ;)

But the fonts are now back. Maybe some things will be added along the way that are copyright/licensing friendly.
http://www.66batman.com/resources/
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Detective26 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:30 pm [(BTW: "www.66batman.com" doesn't work on Firefox. Chrome is OK, but FF gives a "Error code: SSL_ERROR_INTERNAL_ERROR_ALERT". Similarly, you can go to the Forum direct on FF and select the "Home" button...)
This error has been coming up here and there on FF but the site does work on Firefox (it's what I'm using now and most of the time here). Just try again and it usually loads the second time whenever this happens.
Detective26

Post by Detective26 »

Cool! Yeah, I figured if I *didn't* "resurrect" a six-year-old thread and I asked the question, some wisenheimer would reply: "Asked and answered. See this six-year-old thread"!

Re: PDFs, logos, etc. Wouldn't most of that be considered "fair use" - you're not selling it, the presumption is we're not selling it. I'm not a lawyer, but I'd think that would be A-OK. (I get some of the music, since that's available for purchase elsewhere. But you're not taking $$ out of anyone's pockets. That may not be the legal test, but to me it passes an ethical smell test, anyway.)
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Detective26 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:31 pm Cool! Yeah, I figured if I *didn't* "resurrect" a six-year-old thread and I asked the question, some wisenheimer would reply: "Asked and answered. See this six-year-old thread"!

Re: PDFs, logos, etc. Wouldn't most of that be considered "fair use" - you're not selling it, the presumption is we're not selling it. I'm not a lawyer, but I'd think that would be A-OK. (I get some of the music, since that's available for purchase elsewhere. But you're not taking $$ out of anyone's pockets. That may not be the legal test, but to me it passes an ethical smell test, anyway.)
So in terms of us deciding to ditch logos and most of the PDF documents (like the fan rendered Batcave blueprint) that were previously hosted in our resource section, it's not so much the legality but more so the idea of not perpretuating inccaruate misinformation over time. Put simply we know way more now than we did fifteen years ago when a lot of those materials were originally uploaded. A lot of that material such as the fan-blueprint and the chest emblems were reposted and taken totally out of the fan-made context and treated as gospel to this day elsewhere on the web. This is a typical really long-winded-Ben-way-of saying that no one is missing out at this point :lol:

Detective26

Post by Detective26 »

But how ever will I replicate that weird grease stain that kept popping up on Batman's shirt?

BTW - GautFonts.com = A Treasure Trove of cool stuff!! H/T to whoever discovered it.