new female villians

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

robinboyblunderer

Re: new female villians

Post by robinboyblunderer »

Making Poison Ivy subservient to Catwoman would've been a mistake, indeed. The character needed her own episode. Barbara Rhoades does look like a good actress for the role.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

All of them are great ideas for new female villians of Batman.Pardon my bias,but also the one for The Sea Hag too.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

I still believe that the budget for filming the Batman series could have been expanded to include The Sea Hag as a Batman Villianess.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

How about The Thorn as a Batman Villianess.Her costume would have been a bikini made of thorns.The color of it would have been green.Her mask would have also been green and made of thorns.The Thorn would have also worn green gloves with pointed shooters.Her shoes would have also been green with pointed shooters.All of these,to include the thorns on her bikini,could have been used to commit her crimes.They also could have been used against the Dynamic Duo/Terrific Trio.Her criminal hideout could have been an abandoned building decorated with Thorns.By the way,her hair would have been red.The goal of The Thorn would have been Queen Of The Criminal Underworld in Gotham City.Any ideas on who could have played her?Sound good?
High C

Post by High C »

robinboyblunderer wrote:I like Tina Louise as Poison Ivy though I figure they'd have been sorely tempted to have her do evil Ginger. Still would've been enjoyable, though.
Maybe, because she was so desperate to escape the Ginger typecasting, Tina would have given Ivy a whole different interpretation.
I don't care about star power, just based on appearance and attitude as Pauline, Sherry Jackson just would've been great.
Understand what you're saying and wasn't dismissing your idea, just saying in the real world, Dozier probably wouldn't have seen Sherry in that light. Most people didn't see her as a top-billed female guest star.
I don't know if I'd ever have enjoyed an Olga-esque character but the Lee Meriwether, Kitka influenced version sounds like an improvement.
Thanks. The only similarity would be them being Russian/Soviet. She wouldn't be silly at all and she certainly wouldn't have a bunch of mindless zombie Cossacks at her disposal!
To digress, they bring Egghead back and instead of a great battle of will between him and Batman, he's the henpecked boyfriend, getting knocked out by her chef! Wretched. If they had to team him up with Olga, he should've been using her as a pawn. But really, he should've been the main villain, sans Olga. Oh well.
Stanford Sherman, who wrote those eps, clearly didn't understand the character of Egghead.
It would be great if this archival info would be disseminated one day, though that sounds like a huge project.
The biggest problem would be the expense of traveling to Laramie, Wyo., where Dozier's papers are stored at the U of Wyoming, and paying for a motel/hotel for 5 days or so to really examine those files.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Barbara Rhoades could have played both Poison Ivy and The Thorn.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

By the way,Tina Louise too.
robinboyblunderer

Post by robinboyblunderer »

I definitely think Tina Louise would've wanted her to do something different from Ginger, I just think the producers would've wanted that instead. "Give us evil Ginger! I know, her henchman can be a clumsy type, with a name like Mulligan!"

I didn't think you were dismissing my idea regarding Jackson, you understood my point and you're most likely correct, they would not se her as being enough of a name to be Ivy. "Dis here Poison Ivy character in de funny books, wadda aboud her?" "I know, Ethel Merman would be perfect!"

Yes, that is a big expense and a lot of work. Where are the Batfans in Laramie? : )
epaddon

Post by epaddon »

Given how anxious Tina was to break away from Ginger and fast after GI ended, getting her to accept would have been the other half of the battle. Certainly making her too much like Ginger in the way that Marsha was made too much like Morticia to accommodate Carolyn Jones, would not have been a good idea.

OTOH, it might have been fun to cast Anne Francis as Marsha and load her up with a lot of "Honey West" inside jokes like (1) a frustrated male partner (2) a pet ocelot (3) a more kindly but dotty aunt.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

How about The Bookwoman as a Batman Villianess.Her costume could have been completely red with a black book image on the front and back.Her hair would have been Brown.She would have worn Trick Glasses,a Gold Magnyfying Glass around her neck,and a all purpose Gold Belt.She would have had sharp claws and the end of her fingers and feet.All of these would have been used against The Dynamic Duo/Terrific Trio.Her criminal hideout would have been an abandoned book factory.Her henchwomen would have been named Librarian and Printers Devil.She would also have had male "workers" as her fighting thugs.Her crimes would have been based on adventure manuscripts.Her criminal clues at each crime would all lead up to her dooming The Dynamic Duo/Terrific Trio based on her book:"The End Of Batman and Robin/Batgirl" by The Bookwoman.Her goal would be Queen Of The Criminal Underworld in Gotham City.Sound okay?Who would play her?
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

By the way,The Bookwoman and her criminal gang would be stealing Gems and Money.
High C

Post by High C »

robinboyblunderer wrote:I definitely think Tina Louise would've wanted her to do something different from Ginger, I just think the producers would've wanted that instead. "Give us evil Ginger! I know, her henchman can be a clumsy type, with a name like Mulligan!"
HAHA. Good point. Probably would have tried to repeat their Marsha/Morticia bit. Could have led to a tug of war between showrunners and Tina.
I didn't think you were dismissing my idea regarding Jackson, you understood my point and you're most likely correct, they would not se her as being enough of a name to be Ivy. "Dis here Poison Ivy character in de funny books, wadda aboud her?" "I know, Ethel Merman would be perfect!"
Dozier definitely skewed older in terms of casting villains/villainesses. And it seems he was quite hands-on with those casting ideas, not so much with henchmolls, henchmen, etc.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

By the way,the henchwomen for The Thorn would have been named Lily and Rose.She would have had muscled thugs as her fighting henchmen.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

They would also have been stealing Gems and Money.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Barbara Parkins,who was then on Peyton Place,could have played The Bookwoman.