What are some of your favorite moments?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

robinboyblunderer

What are some of your favorite moments?

Post by robinboyblunderer »

Here's some In no particular order:

Batman overpowering Marsha's drug.
breaking the chains in the Joker's clam trap and opening the bivalve's mouth.
campaigning against the Pengun...very funny!
expanding my vocabulary
pretending to talk to Bruce Wayne on the phone
single-handely defeating the Riddler and his gang, saving the lost treasure of the Incas and Robin .

The moment between the Caped Crusader and Gordon before the interrogation with Pauline; when he gives him the signal and Gordon already forgot what it was.

That first Catwoman episode, worthy of its own topic.

Anytime a moll gassed Robin.

Great one off villains in the Bookworm and False Face.

All the running around in disguises in the latter episode, at the prison and at the end, with the cowboy and fake Gordon.

Lydia Limpet. Pauline. Lady Prudence.

The acting, particularly when the show was still fresh from Adam and Burt.

The opening to Batman's anniversary and the Masked Manhunter getting a bit choked up.

The music. Didn't King Tut and Catwoman's respective themes fit them purrfect...a-hem, perfectly? Same with Riddler, Joker, and Penguin.

Any of the asides or quick bits of correction or education, from Bruce to Dick or Batman to Robin. "Good grammar is essential!"
dell

Re: What are some of your favorite moments?

Post by dell »

Some of the deathtraps and how the villains practically salivated when they told
Batman and Robin what was going to happen.
dell
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

dell wrote:Some of the deathtraps and how the villains practically salivated when they told
Batman and Robin what was going to happen.
Which is no doubt where Mike Myers got his inspiration from in the Austin Powers films as Dr. Evil makes a point to say how they're leaving before the easily-escapable trap serves it purpose. :lol:
dell

Post by dell »

Dr. Evil also pointed out that the dipping mechanism was also unnecessarily slow as he began to lower them into the tank of angry sea bass. :lol: :lol:
dell
Dave from the UK

Post by Dave from the UK »

Every Julie Newmar moment (said in a dreamy tone).

35 years on and I still have a crush.

Also when Robin is trapped over the crocodiles. Which is one of my earliest memories.
Gernot

Post by Gernot »

Every POW!, ZAP, and CRUNCH! in every fight scene. :)

Especially when they played the best Bat-fight music (see Parts 1 and 3 of the Joker-Penguin story). :)
BatmanFan102

Post by BatmanFan102 »

Riddler's laughter in any episode!

The way Joker would go into a laughing spree. Loved his little speech "the grand finale! The climax of my performance! The ZENITH of my CAREER!!! AH HA HA HAHA....time for the unmasking of Batman and Robin the Boy Wonderrrrr AH HA HA HA..."

Or the episode when Joker's on the phone w/Batman and he says to him "You will comply with my wishes, otherwise...no Majarajahhhhh ahhhhhhh ha ha ha"

In "The Joker is Wild" after Joker calls out all of his friends from behind the statues of Laurel, Hardy, Kovacs & Fields, Joker extends his arms and does that amazing laugh, as if to say "Welcome!"

Anytime she was in peril, Batman calling out "Hang on Catwoman!"

The time Batman said to her "There's more than one way to skin a cat...woman" Best line ever!!!

All performances by Victor Buono as King Tut. Just sensational!

The frantic nature of Robin whenever they were trapped, or from the 1966 movie when they discover the bomb. Robin climbs away and says "Come on Batman...", then Batman goes into the room where the bomb is, and you hear Robin say "BATMAN!!!" Cracks me up for some peculiar reason...
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Gernot wrote:Every POW!, ZAP, and CRUNCH! in every fight scene. :)

Especially when they played the best Bat-fight music (see Parts 1 and 3 of the Joker-Penguin story). :)
Absolutely, but you do know that fight music is what I would call the "stock" fight music appearing in almost all of the episodes, not just the ones you mention. BTW, the eppys are The Zodiac Crimes, The Joker's Hard Times, and The Penguin Declines

My favorite moment is the beginning of "The Bird's Last Jest." Talk about BATMUSIC!! Sounds very "Green Hornet." And the "Holy Guadal Canal, Batman! What now?" by Robin. That scene was also used in an ABC commercial you can see on Holy Batmania. The Batshield and bullets flying and Cheif O' Hara in the trunk are just too much! Adam, Burt, Nelson Riddle at their best IMO. It just comes all together in this scene!

I want to get my Corgi out and re-enact this right now!

John
Music. BAT! Music.
Batman42

Post by Batman42 »

Some of my favourite Batman moments are:

the ma parker episode where a bomb has been placed in the batmobile
the fight scenes
the cliffhangers
also the episode where the joker will expose Batman and Robin's true identities on national television
Andrew UK
Gernot

Post by Gernot »

Batguitarist wrote:
Gernot wrote:Every POW!, ZAP, and CRUNCH! in every fight scene. :)

Absolutely, but you do know that fight music is what I would call the "stock" fight music appearing in almost all of the episodes, not just the ones you mention. BTW, the eppys are The Zodiac Crimes, The Joker's Hard Times, and The Penguin Declines

My favorite moment is the beginning of "The Bird's Last Jest." Talk about BATMUSIC!! Sounds very "Green Hornet." And the "Holy Guadal Canal, Batman! What now?" by Robin. That scene was also used in an ABC commercial you can see on Holy Batmania. The Batshield and bullets flying and Cheif O' Hara in the trunk are just too much! Adam, Burt, Nelson Riddle at their best IMO. It just comes all together in this scene!

I want to get my Corgi out and re-enact this right now!

John
It's kind'a funny how they turned the record store's music on the record player into the Bat-fight music in "The Joker Declines!" LOL :D I remember a friend coming over to my house when the episode was on Fox, and just as Batman and Robin were entering the shop, I pointed that fact out. He cracked up when he realized I was right. :)
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

when Batman calls "Dynamic Seniority"
corrects the Maharaja's spelling- "B, A, -One T! M, A, N."
any shot of Jill St. John in the Robin suit- Whew.
WayneGrayson

Post by WayneGrayson »

batrunner1966 wrote:when Batman calls "Dynamic Seniority"
corrects the Maharaja's spelling- "B, A, -One T! M, A, N."
any shot of Jill St. John in the Robin suit- Whew.
Dynamic Seniority - ROFLMHO. Did NOT remember hearing that before. I know that had to (Put) Robin off.

Batguitarist mentioned Robin shouting "Holy Guadalcanal" in the Penguin's Nest, which reminds me that a lot of the coolest moments were Robin's. Some of his "holy" puns were head-scratchers to me, then I just looked all of them up. Years ago, I didn't know what Guadalcanal was, or who D'artagnan was, or...whatever else he "holy-cized". Good learning experience, good incentive for research. As a matter of fact, as I write this post, I just looked up "holy priceless collection of Etruscan snoods". Robin thought Minerva was out to steal a bunch of hair nets?

(smacking fist into palm) GOSH - HOLY CANCELLATION - BOY - no WONDER that was the last episode!
PRE CISELY, ROBIN!
Lounge lizard

Post by Lounge lizard »

Robin going up the Perspex tube in the first Catwoman episode stuck in my mind for years. It's in the View Master reel set as well.
I act the riddler

Post by I act the riddler »

Just so many.Alfred says "Its mr. k- rime."
Joker stuck on the batpoles
Joker throwing fish.
Riddler as Charlie chaplin

Joker says on his first episode- Money goes to the old joker home for retired bats!!!!
Please do not embed videos into signatures.
- The management.
Pengy

Post by Pengy »

Penguin in the steam room wearing that funny robe and the swimsuit flippers.